Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

NetherRealm & WB Games say FU to PC

I'm quite frustrated with this. I spent more time and money in this game than it deserved. This really sucks, I loved the idea of the Predator involved and was fantasizing a Xenomorph as well. It's all happening but then they keep it away from me.

I hope they choke on their meals, just a little bit.

I didn't get X in anticipation of something like XL. I guess my waiting was wasted, so I guess I won't buy any of it. I still have MK9 to finish anyways, so whatever. They weren't even bringing Hsu Hao back anyways.

Well Well, so NetherRealm and WB decided to fuck up big time, huh?
Well too bad, now they won't get any more money from me, i'll just torrent thier games and that's it, companies who do this don't deserve my support.
Although i suspect that WB forced NR to do this.

A pity, and I was considering getting the PC version as well.

I'm thinking of paying a visit to someone who works for WB Games... and BREAK THEIR CRAYONS INTO PIECES

Well I have it for PS4, enjoyable game. I'm not as riled up over it unlike most, because I don't care what platform I play my games on, but seriously its kind of stupid to only have XL for consoles and not for PC.

Well this is a bullshit dick move, I guess we won't be getting the DLC characters and I was really keeping my hopes up for possible Tremor, Smoke or Rain, but eh I didn't really enjoy MKX that much anyway. I was pretty much burnt out of Mortal Kombat after enjoying MK9KE a lot just before MKX came out.

WB pretty much fucked up with Arkham Knight and now starting with MKX they no longer want to support the PC player base anymore blaming it for whatever reason, and they have influenced NetherRealm to jump on the bandwagon with them.

I only have the iOS version of MKX, but I guess that also counts in a way.

Why do companies try to promote consoles, like how Halo did?
What next, FIFA for consoles only?

Avoozl said:

I was really keeping my hopes up for possible Tremor, Smoke or Rain

Well there is Tremor, he is alright.

The best thing that can be done is not buy it at all to send a message to them.

Honestly I saw this coming, the PC launch was a disaster and it's never really found its feet. But this is upsetting and frustrating all the same. Between this nonsense and Arkham Knight, suffice it to say I'm done with WB products.

There's a petition you can sign if you want to make yourselves heard. I doubt it will accomplish anything, but it takes like 60 seconds to fill it out so...

https://www.change.org/p/netherrealm-studios-give-pc-mortal-kombat-x-a-chance

Oh no, WB won't be giving us stuff on PC anymore! WOE! Where can I get my buggy, runs-like-shit, pulled-from-sale-then-released-again-while-still-broken dreck from?!

IDGAF WB, gg no re

DoomUK said:

Honestly I saw this coming, the PC launch was a disaster and it's never really found its feet.

the lackluster multiplayer support didn't help much either

at least that's what I've read somewhere... can't remember which site that was

HavoX said:

the lackluster multiplayer support didn't help much either

at least that's what I've read somewhere... can't remember which site that was

Ya I'm a Big mk Fan and as I'v no friends in real life to play with this killed it for me, Katana and Reptile for the win. I'm also annoyed they didn't bring noob back.

why do so many triple-a companies hate pc so much? i've been noticing that lots of companies just port their games from console over to pc, after months of pc gamers begging...and they're usually not even good ):

i really hope that's not the case with the new Doom...

roadworx said:

why do so many triple-a companies hate pc so much? i've been noticing that lots of companies just port their games from console over to pc, after months of pc gamers begging...and they're usually not even good ):

i really hope that's not the case with the new Doom...

Mainly piracy. It's quite a bit easier to pirate a game on PC than on consoles. Although it's not impossible to pirate console games, it's much harder than just downloading the game and installing it.

Also it's much easier to make games for a fixed system, fixed processor, memory, graphics card, controllers, etc... than it is to make a game for PC's where there are tens of thousands of different combinations of CPU's, GPU's, RAM, audio cards, mouses, and keyboards. And then you'll have a small but vocal fanbase yelling because their twenty year old shady bought off the shelf in some Hong Kong market for two chicken heads mouse doesn't work with the game.

It's easier to make a game run fluidly on consoles, and there's a lower risk of piracy. Although with the Xbone and the PS4 being basically PC's, I didn't think there were going to be as many issues with porting the games to PC as there are.

But again, release it on a closed system (consoles) a few months before having a second hand team port them to PC so you force people who really want to play it to buy it on a console; or even force them to buy a console. Then release another version 2-6 months later on PC, and it's crap but they don't care. Because most of the PC players will pirate it anyways right?

Jello said:

Mainly piracy. It's quite a bit easier to pirate a game on PC than on consoles. Although it's not impossible to pirate console games, it's much harder than just downloading the game and installing it.

Also it's much easier to make games for a fixed system, fixed processor, memory, graphics card, controllers, etc... than it is to make a game for PC's where there are tens of thousands of different combinations of CPU's, GPU's, RAM, audio cards, mouses, and keyboards. And then you'll have a small but vocal fanbase yelling because their twenty year old shady bought off the shelf in some Hong Kong market for two chicken heads mouse doesn't work with the game.

It's easier to make a game run fluidly on consoles, and there's a lower risk of piracy. Although with the Xbone and the PS4 being basically PC's, I didn't think there were going to be as many issues with porting the games to PC as there are.

But again, release it on a closed system (consoles) a few months before having a second hand team port them to PC so you force people who really want to play it to buy it on a console; or even force them to buy a console. Then release another version 2-6 months later on PC, and it's crap but they don't care. Because most of the PC players will pirate it anyways right?

yeah, but the thing is with piracy is that so many people will buy the game instead of pirating it that they'll still make a huge profit
that is, if it doesn't require drm...

Jello said:

piracy

Keeping this on topic, I'm betting this will be the crap excuse Mortal Kombat fans get from WB, if they even bother to say anything.

Unless you're trying to run the game on a shit PC, there's actually nothing wrong with the port since it was patched, at least in offline play. Online play is where the problems are, and AFAIK this has nothing to do with how the game is ported per se. Thanks to the awful netcode, eight out of ten online matches are unplayable, and the other two are only kinda sorta playable. From what I've heard, the PS4 and Xbone versions are better, but not perfect, which is why they're getting a nice new netcode update... which the PC port isn't getting (the new DLC has been officially de-confirmed, so it's safe to assume all support is being dropped and we're not getting any new updates at all). This is the deal PC players have got, and I don't see why piracy would be a valid explanation for this particular incident. Why would they give us a port that worked fine and had the potential to work perfectly, only to suddenly drop all support? Did WB not know about piracy when they initially gave the port the green light? Bah.

Who actually plays MK on a pc?
Is it conceivable that the amount people playing MK on the pc is so insignificant that they simply don't give a fuck as isn't even worth the resources?

SYS said:

Who actually plays MK on a pc?
Is it conceivable that the amount people playing MK on the pc is so insignificant that they simply don't give a fuck as isn't even worth the resources?

It's more of a case of them walking away from the mess they've made. Capcom are aware that consoles will always be the go-to platforms for fighting games, yet they don't treat PC gamers in the manner that WB do, and the USFIV port is fucking beautiful (offline AND online). If anyone is to blame for MK's failure on the PC, it's the people who screwed it up in the first place.

well, that's dumb. i'm not a MK fan myself (hell, i've never even played a MK game), but this doesn't make much sense. why drop support on one platform and proceed to give them the middle finger while they're at it? do they expect people to suddenly shell out their cash on the other ports if they bought the PC version?

Doomhuntress said:

well, that's dumb. i'm not a MK fan myself (hell, i've never even played a MK game), but this doesn't make much sense. why drop support on one platform and proceed to give them the middle finger while they're at it? do they expect people to suddenly shell out their cash on the other ports if they bought the PC version?

I don't believe they expect anything. They just chose to drop PC support because improving a messy Port is not worth the money and consumer's minor appreciation (the poor launch will be remembered the most). I'm guessing the new content requires some of the new code to run or they straight out wanted to cut the fat off their HR so their executives can afford the private jet with the Spa for their precious 16 year old daughters.

It's the only justification I can think of. They reached the point where the mess needs to be fixed in order to add the content so they drop it or they just really don't care and rather not pay someone to offer the DLC on PC.

WB sucks.

They first brought MK back to PC with Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (MK9) after as far back as MK4 and then only one more game later (MKX) they suddenly drop the support right after, that definitely doesn't make any sense.

TotalMK posted a video about this

I'm fucking sick and tired of all the shit WB has pulling on the community sine they bought Netherrealm, especially us Aussies. I realise the video is 40 mins long but please give it a listen while you play Doom or something and like it too, TMK is a fucking rad dude and it's a big shame that he's the only MK news outlet that's willing to speak out against WB's bullshit since everyone else is afraid to or else they won't get invited to the events and such.

If you don't wanna watch the whole 40 minutes TMK included a list at the end of the video listing all the bullshit that WB has done to the community and all the shit they did to him simply because he was sick and tired of their bullshit. The link below skips to that point in the video.

https://youtu.be/tW5CkVFxwNI?t=2630

Chezza said:

I don't believe they expect anything. They just chose to drop PC support because improving a messy Port is not worth the money and consumer's minor appreciation (the poor launch will be remembered the most). I'm guessing the new content requires some of the new code to run or they straight out wanted to cut the fat off their HR so their executives can afford the private jet with the Spa for their precious 16 year old daughters.

It's the only justification I can think of. They reached the point where the mess needs to be fixed in order to add the content so they drop it or they just really don't care and rather not pay someone to offer the DLC on PC.

WB sucks.

Yes WB sucks satan's dick for making a smart business decision and cutting their loses. That's the great thing about gamers, they're all armchair developers that think they know how to run a multi million dollar company. Heaven forbid they try to salvage a project and actually make it profitable.
Business will trump man children feelings every step of the way. They don't care if they alienate a very small, vocal, whiny fanbase. They've pushed enough console units, and regardless of their self righteous bitching the diehard fans succumb to their precious obsession and buy it anyway.

J.B.R said:

Well too bad, now they won't get any more money from me, i'll just torrent thier games and that's it

I like to think the irony struck him hard, after about two minutes of staring at the post he just made.

SYS said:

Yes WB sucks satan's dick for making a smart business decision and cutting their loses. That's the great thing about gamers, they're all armchair developers that think they know how to run a multi million dollar company. Heaven forbid they try to salvage a project and actually make it profitable.
Business will trump man children feelings every step of the way. They don't care if they alienate a very small, vocal, whiny fanbase. They've pushed enough console units, and regardless of their self righteous bitching the diehard fans succumb to their precious obsession and buy it anyway.

Not sure if you're trolling or you have aggressive autism.

Regardless, the Sales were pretty good and should of provided a nice return. Only if my theory of them requiring to fix the code in order to add new content was true, then yeah it would save money and be financially appropriate.

However, if that was the case they quite simply made no statements, gave no good reason and just want to ignore their PC fanbase. A company their size should at least have a PR person or department to at least lesson the blow no? Even someone suffering from autism should understand bad relationship management can harm the brand thus future sales?