Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

NetherRealm & WB Games say FU to PC

Chezza said:

Not sure if you're trolling or you have aggressive autism.

Regardless, the Sales were pretty good and should of provided a nice return. Only if my theory of them requiring to fix the code in order to add new content was true, then yeah it would save money and be financially appropriate.

However, if that was the case they quite simply made no statements, gave no good reason and just want to ignore their PC fanbase. A company their size should at least have a PR person or department to at least lesson the blow no? Even someone suffering from autism should understand bad relationship management can harm the brand thus future sales?

Ah yes the internet; where everyone I disagree with has autism, down syndrome, super AIDS, and is literally Hitler.

5 million units sold globally for PS4 alone VS half a million steam sales.
That PR and Marketing team must have autism as well because they don't know what they're doing if they can push that many units. In fact, the PR team has autismed so hard they irreversibly damaged the brand to a sales demographic that is a tiny fraction of their total sales.

PC managed only one tenth the units of PS4. I'm sure everyone with a ps4 and xbox is so outraged at this grave injustice that sales for all future MK games will drop astronomically. All thanks to the amazing MK:X PC consumer warriors of the internet.

So if PS4 Sales were much higher, they should completely cut away their sales/profits from other platforms? Your train of thought suggests that additional profit from the PC Market and the consumer's favor is a bad idea because PS4 has so much more? Like if you HAVE to choose one or the other, not profit from both. BTW, PR is not responsible for the promotion of a product, that's the Marketer's Job.

You arrogantly spill BS claims against frustrated consumers and you only have short sided ignorant viewpoints to back it up. Please tell me you're just a Troll. Because you got me, I fell into your trap. You're not really this inept.

Chezza said:

So if PS4 Sales were much higher, they should completely cut away their sales/profits from other platforms? Your train of thought suggests that additional profit from the PC Market and the consumer's favor is a bad idea because PS4 has so much more? Like if you HAVE to choose one or the other, not profit from both.

Cutting away completely would entail not developing a PC port at all. Profiting from both and keeping the PC crowd happy is ideal, but when the estimated profit ratio on one is much greater than the other... you get shitty pc ports. We can play theoretical how much PC would sell if it were actually good but they've probably done that already.

Chezza said:

You arrogantly spill BS claims against frustrated consumers and you only have short sided ignorant viewpoints to back it up.

As arrogrant as NetherRealm's indifference to the issue? Who've made it quite clear that their PC ports are a neglected after thought. With 5 million units of Batman & and 5 million of Mortal Kombat on the PS4... both with really crappy PC ports. Either they suck at developing for the PC and they don't care, or they simply don't care.

You must be inept if you can't comprehend where they've put all their effort to generate the most revenue, and why PC gets the shaft and why they're utterly indifferent towards purchasers of the PC platform.

I don't know why (or if I'm correct), but I heard WB seems to frequently hire a particular external company to Port games onto the PC and they have repetitively given poor results (except Shadow of Mordor). WB must have given tiny budgets to PC Ports and proper coders won't accept their pennies.

Regardless of how dwindling the PC market is for their games (which is WBs fault) Mortal Kombat has been successfully ported onto the PC, even if it has its issues. Previous DLC and packs have also been added. To add the latest DLC is minor, it couldn't possibly cost nearly as much as money made.

And even if it did, then all I ask (and I'm sure many other fans) is a fair explanation. It could be on the lines of "Unfortunately the PC Platform won't receive the latest DLC due to requiring significant changes in the code which would be both costly and timely that may reach beyond the expected sales from that Platform's consumers. We apologies for this inconvenience". Indeed I would still be frustrated and disappointed but I won't be pointing the finger right at them and accuse them of being careless assholes. But atm I had to make a theory on their behalf to justify their reasoning.

I think my opinion is fair. The "WB Sucks" comment wasn't overboard.

Software industry is the only industry that treats their customers like criminals by default.

OK, well Music and Movie industry do too... but not as bad.

WB makes shit anyways, who cares.

Surely you must realize by now there's a concerted *effort* to make PC gaming tank. These bad ports and ridiculous PR moves weren't shat out by accident or as the result of laziness. They're all part of a concentrated industry wide campaign to drive as much gaming traffic as possible onto the consoles. Expect to see it only get worse and worse.

And that's too bad, because as I mentioned in another thread, 2016 will be a great year in gaming... PC or console!

Quasar said:

Surely you must realize by now there's a concerted *effort* to make PC gaming tank. These bad ports and ridiculous PR moves weren't shat out by accident or as the result of laziness. They're all part of a concentrated industry wide campaign to drive as much gaming traffic as possible onto the consoles. Expect to see it only get worse and worse.

What size hat do you wear? I need to know how much tinfoil I'll need for your birthday present.

Quasar said:

When I have thoughts kinda like this, they're called paranoid delusions. When I get these kind of thoughts, I make sure I'm taking my meds. Seriously. But anyhow, I highly doubt these companies pay money out to make products that end up costing them more then they're Profiting. In Warner Brothers case I think it's kinda foolish to not release the DLC pack concerning they've gone this far. But hey, there might be some weird thing we're not seeing, or might it be a marketing ploy to get pc more attention thus sales would go up? Have they given a statment on the issue?

It's a VAST CONSPIRACY by game developers to avoid having their games pirated so they flock to the platforms that typically have fewer piracy problems. THOSE MONSTERS.

To be honest it's like Jim Sterling said in a recent Jimquisition, bad PC ports from consoles happen not because it's a conspiracy to make PC less profitable.

But because if they could get away with such shoddy products on consoles, they would gladly do it, so instead they manipulate the sheep under the threat OF NOT RELEASING the game on PC to shove in the least time and cost consuming products (aka total shit). Sure Steam Refunds made it harder for them to do it as easily but it's still pretty easy as pretty much most of people are sheeps in this department, going like OH NO I WONT GET MY GAME I NEED TO DEFEND SHADY PRACTICES.

I'm old enough to remember that piracy started because of the bullshit they tried to sell us for full price, and delivered a hunk of shit. This practice caused the great video game crash ffs, no one remembers at all. Things got better for awhile until a few years went by, then the shit started showing up again and it's only gotten worse since then. People think it's because of greenlight on steam, no no this shit has been sold by other sites for years and years like Bigfish games etc, hidden object and shitty casual games are nothing new. People will buy anything. I don't care how many weeks some jackass programmer spent making scripts in flash or using clip art they found on the net for free and assembled it into a polished turd, won't spend a dime on it... why do other people? Simple, because they have no idea of quality and only want quantity. They want something comfortable, that same pair of shoes as last year but with some shiny new gimmick attached. Regurgitated themes and games year after year after year, companies make billions on this model. Nothing is going to change.

RoyBatty said:

I'm old enough to remember that piracy started because of the bullshit they tried to sell us for full price, and delivered a hunk of shit. This practice caused the great video game crash ffs, no one remembers at all.

You must be old enough for dementia to have set in, because that is not even remotely accurate.

In the early 1980s, piracy was the only distribution channel that some home developers could rely on. It was a calculated loss of sorts, reliant on the possibility that gamers would pay money for the sequel. But you can bet your ass as soon as those developers got a proper publishing deal, the DRM got slapped on their software faster than you can type in the word that appears on page 13, line 5 of the manual.

And the "crash" was limited to the US console market: only a fraction of the video game industry, and even less susceptible to piracy than it is today.

**Old Thread Revival**

So... Mortal Kombat X DLC is on its way to PC users after all? I'm not sure what to think, but this is a positive thing regardless.

Of course, WB shouldn't of been so silent about it in the first place. But I'm very happy they will deliver on what customers paid for despite how late and poorly handled it was.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/26/mortal-kombat-xl-pc-open-beta/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rockpapershotgun%2Fsteam+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+Steam+RSS%29

SYS said:

Yes WB sucks satan's dick for making a smart business decision and cutting their loses. That's the great thing about gamers, they're all armchair developers that think they know how to run a multi million dollar company. Heaven forbid they try to salvage a project and actually make it profitable.
Business will trump man children feelings every step of the way. They don't care if they alienate a very small, vocal, whiny fanbase. They've pushed enough console units, and regardless of their self righteous bitching the diehard fans succumb to their precious obsession and buy it anyway.

Yea no. MK9 made NR a huge profit two years after console release when they finally released it on PC, to Boon's surprise at that. It's the whole reason MKX was even released on PC to start with. Shit developers should stay on shit systems if they're too lazy to fix the product they release.

Why take the offer when they fucked PC users multiple times in the past? I'll pass and you should too.

Chezza said:

**Old Thread Revival**

So... Mortal Kombat X DLC is on its way to PC users after all? I'm not sure what to think, but this is a positive thing regardless.

Of course, WB shouldn't of been so silent about it in the first place. But I'm very happy they will deliver on what customers paid for despite how late and poorly handled it was.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/26/mortal-kombat-xl-pc-open-beta/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rockpapershotgun%2Fsteam+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+Steam+RSS%29

yaaay! PC ports coming our way! :D
i've really never gotten why you wouldn't port your games to the PC. a game being on both console and PC is gonna rake in more money than if it's exclusive to PC or console. and plus, consoles don't really have mod support, while the PC does; mods just extend a game's life years beyond its initial expectations. i mean, just look at doom, quake, and half-life...they're still going strong because of their modding community!

that's another thing i've really just never gotten. why would you NOT have your game support modding? that just seems really dumb.

SYS said:

Who actually plays MK on a pc?
Is it conceivable that the amount people playing MK on the pc is so insignificant that they simply don't give a fuck as isn't even worth the resources?

I'm actually surprised more people don't play fighters on PC. You can button mash way faster, IMO

Totally off-topic rant:

Spoiler

I was fairly upset at the direction MK took after (I think it was) Deception, in that most combos were taken out and the game became more about button-mashing, timing special moves, and the stupid juggling, than actually figuring out and remembering combos to win. The newest MK all you really need to do to win most matches is jump forward, punch in air, then uppercut once on ground; rinse and repeat. The combo breaker mechanic is more of a bad joke/hindrance to the gameplay than it was before when there were actual combis to break. The X-moves are worse than the longest combos could ever be. The Shao Kahn fight was a joke in MKX as well, save for a select few characters that cannot teleport or otherwise move quickly in a way which avoids the hammer. Oh well, that's why I'll stick mostly with MvC2, DOA 3, and any Virtua Fighter game. That said, MK will never lose its appeal to me, just get less and less play time, heh.

More on-topic, I would feel much more comfortable on a console than with a mouse+kb when playing a fighting game, but then again, I could imagine that some combos like the Hellish DOA "270° spin from here to there clockwise, a, b+a, 180° ... combos would be much easier with a mouse. Still, fighting games tend to be more socially acceptable and are mostly MP-oriented (which is naturally socially-oriented), so it makes sense that consoles would be the main target of fighting game devs. Most of the play-time I give to fighting games winds up being playing with people in-person.

Fonze said:

More on-topic, I would feel much more comfortable on a console than with a mouse+kb when playing a fighting game, but then again, I could imagine that some combos like the Hellish DOA "270° spin from here to there clockwise, a, b+a, 180° ... combos would be much easier with a mouse. Still, fighting games tend to be more socially acceptable and are mostly MP-oriented (which is naturally socially-oriented), so it makes sense that consoles would be the main target of fighting game devs. Most of the play-time I give to fighting games winds up being playing with people in-person.

You realize you can hook two sticks/controllers up to your PC and still invite people over, right? I'm not shelling out money for a console just to play fighters, so if they bring them to PC then that's more money for them. I'm probably not the only one who feels this way because suddenly fighters are popping up on Steam left and right.

CARRiON said:

You realize you can hook two sticks/controllers up to your PC and still invite people over, right? I'm not shelling out money for a console just to play fighters, so if they bring them to PC then that's more money for them. I'm probably not the only one who feels this way because suddenly fighters are popping up on Steam left and right.

ye, i hook up a usb snes controller and play MUGEN and MK9 with it. it works really well, imo the best way to play fighters.