Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
capodecima

Multiplayer Events/News discussion

Cool Multiplayer subforum in doomworld. I should prob stick FNF and ZDS top maybe, since they are big events and should be probably more clean and readable which were the past events and stuff. But its nice this section is here, gj doomkid.

Thanks Capo, I was talking to Ling about it and apparently there's no way to get things on the front page besides posing them in the News forum, but the way it's going now should do nicely. I'll close any event threads after they expire to prevent them from taking precedence over current stuff.

Doomkid said:

Thanks Capo, I was talking to Ling about it and apparently there's no way to get things on the front page besides posing them in the News forum, but the way it's going now should do nicely. I'll close any event threads after they expire to prevent them from taking precedence over current stuff.

The FNF post for this week has already slipped down the page a fair bit, and sort of easy to miss. Just as a suggestion, it might be worth stickying the event threads until they expire. Since there's not many events that get posted here I don't think it would be too cluttered.

Regards to closing threads, I make compilation videos of the ZDaemon TNS sessions every week, and post them in their respective event threads when they're up, so I'm not sure I'm too keen on that idea, although I do understand the reasons for closing them. That said, stickying event threads until they expire would probably negate the issue anyway. Just my two pence.

Anyway, cool to see that your persistence paid off! GJ DOOMKID

edit: I see Marcaek didn't post in DW News, do we stop posting there now?

Well I asked Linguica about it and only posts made in the News section can show up on the front page. Perhaps locking the threads isn't necessary. I'm worried that if too many events are stickied, people will just ignore the cluster at the top, but I'm willing to try suggestions. We'll play it by ear!

edit: I see Marcaek didn't post in DW News, do we stop posting there now?

I'd like to know myself, considering not having events on the main page reduces visibility.

Bloodshedder said:

My opinion is that all MP weekend events should be posted by Thursday in the MP forum, and then someone can submit a "digest" news submission, which briefly names and links to all of them, that will end up on the front page.

There we have it, post your MP news events here (keep the exact format you guys have been using) and every thursday I'll be posting a digest of the various MP events in the News section for front page viewing. They will be ordered according to date posted, so it will essentially be the same without the need for so many duplicates.

This will be the way we do it from now onward.

EDIT: For the exact time, I'm thinking Thursday 11:00 AM UTC each week. If this is agreeable, we should be all set.