Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Current list of Clans (All ports)

This is an attempt to compile a list of all currently active clans, sorted by sourceport(s) on which the clans are active.

Multi-port:

<ARG> Argentina
baseq.fr/]BaseQ
C:\ - Ctrl Alt Destroy
[HN] High Notoriety
[FW] Forgotten Warriors
• [R] Renegades
[UD] UniDoom

Zandronum:

Combinebobnt updates the Clans page on the Zandronum wiki regularly: https://wiki.zandronum.com/Clans

A3 [Cube]
<DRZ> DemonRiderZ
[E] Exodus
[I] Incredible
MXU - Mechanix Union
#NOX# Noxious
[S] Slaughter
The 'sSs'
[SUN] Simply Unbeatable Name
• [RBP]
[VGL] Video Game Legends
[W] Winter

Zdaemon:

• [ADD]
• [BK]
• [RBP]
[b3] Be Free
[CD]
• [CR]
[eV] Epidemic Virus
[FLCL] Frag Legends Creating Legacies
• [LA]
• [ok]
• [SUR]
[SPQR]
• [WS]
• [XXX] X-Treme X-Rated X-Noobs

If I'm missing anyone, post here to let me know and I'll happily add your clan/URL to the list. I know it's incomplete as of now, but I'm working on it!

Doomkid - are there any aussie groups that actively play? Maybe a group called "Sponsored by Centerlink" can be formed, I saw such a name back in CS.

Chezza said:

Doomkid - are there any aussie groups that actively play? Maybe a group called "Sponsored by Centerlink" can be formed, I saw such a name back in CS.

rofl, that's a hilarious idea.

Mifu and I were talking about making a centrelink themed DM wad a few months ago, actually.. Current AU players I know of (who play any game modes or ports) are Mifu, Malax, Gamogo, TristanCollins, WadArchive and Rygrass are from NZ which is close enough for a good connection. There are others but I can't think of them at the moment.

There's quite a few but spread out across the different sections of the community. We sometimes get a decent amount of AU players hanging out or playing in the #DMstuff IRC at irc.quakenet.org, there's some good AU servers on both Zdaemon and Zandronum for us to play on as well.

There is also the FLCL (Frag Legends Creating Legacies) clan on ZDaemon. I don't know how active they are anymore, but a couple of years ago the clan was revived.

Nevermind.... It's already on the list lol

Nice list, but there are a few problems. EG is long dead, FW is dead as well, TE is dead, LF died when Water left and UD isn't multiport.

EV and MOA's sites are broken.

Just fix these and you're good to go.

Pretty sure UD is multi port clan. And FW is not dead. Just dont playing competitive on zandronum bcz of lack zandronum players

Updated the list, added an 'inactive' section. I'll find URLs to replace the broken ones soon or if there isn't one, just remove the link altogether.

Inactive Clans that i've seen:
[J] - Jormungand
<NXW> - Nonstop Xtreme Warriors
[V] - Victory

so.. i've think then there are some dead clans

Edit:
MOAR DEAD CLANS:
[TM] - The Mighty
[TM] - The Memers (should be don't confused with the same tag of The Mighty)
-L+ - Ludicrous
<ATA> - The Alliance
<RE> - Ω Rome's Entity Ω
[LL] - Limitless
<N> Neutralize
<OL> - Omni Legion

Some other Active clans (from Zandronum):
<SKR> - SKROLS
[HFW] - Hell Fire Warriors (Previously Known as Astrounaut 13 [A13])
<MDS> - My Doom Site
(Delt@) - Delt@

Yep, it's not as common as it used to be, but clan scrims are definitely still a thing. Mainly for CTF or the once in a blue moon TDM

There's a few mapping clans listed here too.

Hmm regarding ZDaemon, I wouldn't consider ABC, LAP, DUI, MOA and SYN as active clans anymore. Besides, XXX and LA have always been a group of mappers/server hosters/event organizers and they're on the same page with SDA and BaseQ.

That being said you forgot BK, WS, SUR and DH, although the latter isn't active anymore.

ZD only.

Also if you haven't seen my post on ZD yet you might want to check this out:

Actives: R, HN, WS, B3, CD, SUR, SPQR, TE, OK (?)
Inactives: BK, DH, Labo7, FLCL
Groups/Non-competitives: XXX, SDA, LA, BaseQ, PLAS, CR

You forgot [RBP] in the Zandro list. What do we do? We certainly don't waste our time on CTF, which in turn means we moved away from Doom quite a bit. Oh well!

Clan scene is dead, so I recommend renaming this thread to "Current list of irc channel names you wear in front of your alias".

Seriously, if people really do want a list, just don't bother filling it out with dead & inactive clans. If there is a need to track the Doom team career of "PonyMaster666" or "BitchKiller1998" or "dewww" and all the iterations of their stupid dead clans, you can never surpass a wiki-style page.

Much appreciated feedback dudes. Will scrap the dead clans, and just generally give the list a proper update once home. This is exactly the feedback I've been needing so please keep it up.

Updated yet again, removing dead clans and adding newer ones I didn't know about.

Side note, BaronOfStuff, mapper groups are very much allowed on this list :)

MetalGuy213 said:

Forgoted Other clans:

ZDaemon Clans:
[ADD] - Amantes del doom (in español: Lovers of Doom, rarely times that clan goes to Zandronum)

Not really, but like CR it's just another group of people who never were into competition.

dew said:

Clan scene is dead, so I recommend renaming this thread to "Current list of irc channel names you wear in front of your alias".

Not in Zandronum, the clan scene is quite alive and more-or-less drama free.

For being honest... i don't see anymore FW members in any part... the clan should be removed from the current list of clans that are active respectivity.

NOTE:
you forgoted adding other Zandro clans like Delt@ and MDS.

MetalGuy213 said:

you forgoted adding other Zandro clans like Delt@ and MDS.

Delt@ has not been active for over a year. MDS is not a clan but rather a group of friends.

EDIT: also if this list only considers competitive clans, then Winter should be removed as it's not competitive for the time being.

I dont think this is list of competitive clans really. FW is also not much comeptitive anymore so is many others clans. I guess the active clans should be sorted here.