Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roadworx

what game (besides doom) are you playing?

To select what game (wolf3d, spear) ecwolf will choose just use the parameter data:

For wolfenstein 3D: ecwolf.exe --data wl6
For Spear of Destiny: ecwolf.exe --data sod
For Spear Expansion 1: ecwolf.exe --data sd2
For Spear Expansion 2: ecwolf.exe --data sd3

you'll have to have all files on the same directory of ecwolf
put it on the target of a shortcut or write on notepad and save as a batch (.bat) file.

To use the currently few ecwolf mods use the -file parameter.

FFXIV here and there, at least in recent times. I've got a few unfinished games to go back to as well.

dethtoll said:

I also try to get in some Thief Gold everyday.

Thief Gold over Thief 2? Is that just because of fan missions, or are you playing the original game?

I liked about 2/3s of TG, but all the zombie stuff and a lot of the maps at the end missed the mark IMHO. I thought T2 was much better overall.

Been playing Borderlands 2 and DOOM. Borderlands 2 Is a really good game, might even be better than Fallout 4. Despite It being unfair because they're completely different, might still give FO4 a try for the sake of the weapon gunplay and the fact you get to make your weapons murderfucker-type guns.

Been doing the Shadow Vault with my Vanquisher in Torchlight, who even at lvl 77 gets absolutely wrecked by those goddamn cheap ass Dark Zealots. I have a lot of defense and resistances but they don't give a bleep. Game's becoming more of a slog-fest at this rate, despite being 10-11 lvls ahead of the enemies in the Shadow Vault I feel strangely underpowered despite having maxed out my deadliest skills as they take too many hits to go down.

Tritnew said:

Been playing Borderlands 2 and DOOM. Borderlands 2 Is a really good game, might even be better than Fallout 4. Despite It being unfair because they're completely different, might still give FO4 a try for the sake of the weapon gunplay and the fact you get to make your weapons murderfucker-type guns.

Borderlands 2 and TPS were both really fun to play. Claptrap in TPS becomes a f*cking wrecking machine with way over +100% fire rate and reload speed, and extra regular speed, and extra melee damage; it's almost OP, heh. Hey Tritnew, if you got Borderlands 2 on the SecksBots 360 I might be up for a game some time.

Fonze said:

Borderlands 2 and TPS were both really fun to play. Claptrap in TPS becomes a f*cking wrecking machine with way over +100% fire rate and reload speed, and extra regular speed, and extra melee damage; it's almost OP, heh. Hey Tritnew, if you got Borderlands 2 on the SecksBots 360 I might be up for a game some time.

Haven't tried TPS. But nah, I have It on PC sadly. Would like to play though. But so far on my single player game on PC I'm having a blast.

Sadly though, even then no one really asked If they wanted to play Borderlands 2 with them on PC. But thanks for the offer man. :v

Though, MIGHT plan on getting a PS4 for the new DOOM, maybe and possibly we might be up for that. That or I stop being a cheapstake and get a better PC for the game.

plums said:

Thief Gold over Thief 2? Is that just because of fan missions, or are you playing the original game?

I liked about 2/3s of TG, but all the zombie stuff and a lot of the maps at the end missed the mark IMHO. I thought T2 was much better overall.

I'm actually doing them all in order.

And I prefer T1/G to T2, as far as the base games go. T2 looked better and has greater editing potential, leading to better fan missions, but I liked the variety of levels that T1/G presented. The zombie stuff, the mission "The Sword," the Lost City, all that spoke to a greater universe that you simply don't see much of in T2. It spoke to the setting's fantasy roots -- LGS did make Ultima Underworld, after all. (Not that I like Ultima or the kind of people who still play it in 2016, but still.)

If I had to pick a least favorite level, though, it'd probably be "Escape!" which is indeed towards the end. "Strange Bedfellows" and the final level are fine, though.

dethtoll said:

The zombie stuff, the mission "The Sword," the Lost City, all that spoke to a greater universe that you simply don't see much of in T2.

Hm, I see your point here and agree with it. When it comes to actually playing the game though, I found the zombie and pagan levels just weren't that fun. I don't mind the zombies themselves, but the level design seemed a lot more geared towards blowing them up rather than sneaking around them.

I should note I played Thief 2 first, which might have coloured my opinion on the first one.

Going to do T:DS? I like it a lot more than people give it credit for, flawed though it is.

plums said:

Going to do T:DS? I like it a lot more than people give it credit for, flawed though it is.

Doing all 4, man, plus T2X and maybe the Dark Mod. I've not played the new Thief so I want to give it a go.

Cyanosis said:

You have to create a shortcut to ECWolf and put in the command line the --file and path to the files for ECWolf (that being everything) to load in one go.

I hate using this thread to ask more on this question but I am suck on it as I don't know how to create such a link (or know if it is possible under Windows 7)

I tried several times myself after creating a shortcut but I just couldn't get any further.

(also tried to send you a PM but I am not sure or others who I sent PMs ever receive them)

Currently playing Fallout New Vegas again after installing some new mods.

Civilization V, with all of the available DLC.

I was the Roman Empire, and I shared a massive continent similar to earth (Terra map; large; temperate; 4 billion years old; standard gameplay settings), with 7 other civilizations; on King (hard) difficulty.

I had destroyed the Moroccans, who were my southern neighbors, and consolidated power on my end of the continent which resided in the far-west. For several hours I held a sundry position on the score chart, therefore I need to make yet another power play to win. However, due to my rustiness (First game in months), I made some amateurish decisions. I should not focused so much on expanding my cities with settlers. Rather, for these type of game play conditions, when surrounded with highly aggressive civs; you need to be totally focused to war and science. I fucked up also, by trying to get involved too much with starting a religion (Canntheism).

Incaland, and the United States joined forces against me and declared war. Their ally, the city-state of Ragusa, neighbored my capital. Therefore, I sent my army in to quickly defeat Ragusa, and I turned it into a puppet-state. Ragusa was also a buffer-state between my empire and the Incas. I had two great generals, so I used one to build a fortress outside of Ragusa, in-front of a panama-like land-bridge. Despite the amazing advantage I have in terrain; I was still defeated! The Incas's military was just too advanced, and agile. They destroyed my defense with ease.

After hours of playing, I coincided defeat by rage-quitting. In retrospect, its those kind of civ games that I love the most!

TDG said:

I hate using this thread to ask more on this question but I am suck on it as I don't know how to create such a link (or know if it is possible under Windows 7)

I tried several times myself after creating a shortcut but I just couldn't get any further.

I've sent you a PM, tried to be more direct, but I explained in another post.
See if it helps. Also, be sure to have the game files on the same directory of ECWolf.

JET SET RADIOOOOOOO!

That and Hell Yeah!, which is a dumb and hilarious game. I highly recommend it for it's sense of humor, such as blocking the Virtual Rabbit Missions DLC option in the menu if you don't have a save game, stating "No noobs"

Shoutout to SpellCraft: Aspects of Valor (old DOS game) which I started a new game on a few days ago.

Kerbal Space Program. Playing career mode on moderate difficulty. It's challenging and rewarding and fun, although I'm eager to get far enough through career mode on moderate to feel comfortable starting on hard mode, because being able to revert missions whenever makes things really safe. For now, though, I feel like without that crutch I'd not get far enough to learn about the late game and how to conduct more complex missions safely.

Recently I have been playing Lego Marvel Superheroes and that kind of crap for the 360. When I am not playing that I am battling through the original Xbox version of Serious Sam on Hard. Recently though, I found a patch that is suppose to fix a lot of bugs for Drakan: Order the Flame so I will be playing that once I free up some time.

dethtoll said:

Doing all 4, man, plus T2X and maybe the Dark Mod. I've not played the new Thief so I want to give it a go.

The Dark Mod is well worth investing loads of time into it despite some of its unpolishedness, if you get to it - make sure not to miss "A night to remember", "Alberic's curse" and "Requiem"/"A house of locked secrets" duo. That is, if you aren't the kind of person that's easy to get scared, haha. On the other hand - "In the north" is one of the strongest FMs I've ever played, unparallelled "classic" vibe and topmost quality.

Thief '14 isn't as shitty for me as most folks out there imply it is, yet if one is about to compare - disappointment is inevitable. Think Deadly Shadows with less rich setting, even its asylum is a pale clone of Shalebridge Cradle. Then again - the game's playable and even enjoyable as long as you don't mind rails in gameplay and silliness in narration too much, but yeah, after Deus Ex:HR it was fair enough to expect much more. And surely the aforementioned TDM is vastly superior.

I actually couldn't ever get into The Dark Mod. I hate how they made it so the undead behave so much like human guards -- it really homogenized everything. Also, every fucking mapper seems like they feel the need to use a million guards with torches and guards with helmets and guards that can't be knocked out.

Thief 1 is still best Thief. LOOOOVE that game. Escape! is actually my favorite level in the game, heh.

You mean TDM's revenants don't swing their swords in combat like they're high on caffeine? Well, yes, but they also can't be backstabbed anymore. I actually doubt they can be harmed with conventional weaponry at all, and that makes them orders of magnitude more dangerous than original undead hammerites even despite them not being such swordmasters, heh. Other than that - I actually haven't noticed any differences in behavoir, both of them act much like human guards while patrolling. And zombies... they're just zombies, but yes, they can be easily killed once and for all with just a sword.

Demonologist said:

You mean TDM's revenants don't swing their swords in combat like they're high on caffeine? Well, yes, but they also can't be backstabbed anymore. I actually doubt they can be harmed with conventional weaponry at all, and that makes them orders of magnitude more dangerous than original undead hammerites even despite them not being such swordmasters, heh. Other than that - I actually haven't noticed any differences in behavoir, both of them act much like human guards while patrolling. And zombies... they're just zombies, but yes, they can be easily killed once and for all with just a sword.

That's the thing -- TDM's revenants don't have any interesting weaknesses you can take advantage of. T1's Haunts can't be KO'd, and they run fast as fuck, but they're actually easier in a straight fight than a Hammerite if you abuse their shorter reach. As such, in T1, the way you deal with Haunts is very different than the way you deal with guards. They're not just straight up harder; they're a thing you handle differently. You backstab haunts and stand and fight (or flashbomb, which BTW, doesn't work on them in TDM) if you get caught; you blackjack guards and run away if you get caught. In TDM, revenants are just human guards that force you to reload your game if you get detected.

Zombies in TDM seem more "human" than they did in T1. They move faster, they generally seem "smarter", and they can't see you at close-range in pitch black the way T1 zombies could. T1 zombies tended to create a lot of "run away further into this crazy temple" moments because you could outrun them easily, but couldn't always hide from them effectively. TDM zombies, you treat just like they're human guards.

Well, fair enough, but then again - TDM is similar yet not the same, there are many things that work differently (like the undead giving zero shit about flashbombs as you mentioned, and I'm not even saying anything about complex sword fight mechanic that makes the whole thing a chore and running away becoming more of an option upon being detected); I personally like the undead FMs in there so much more than in the original game, as revenants force me to stay undetected rather than trying to confront them, and that hopefully gives some useful training to my impatient and risky ass, all while conditions are largely the same as in regular missions. Not the case with zombies though, seeing that in TDM they're weak and stupid as fuck - I more often than not emerge from the shadows, sword in hand, and give myself a bit of Dark Messiah as a relief, haha.

Cynical said:

In TDM, revenants are just human guards that force you to reload your game if you get detected.

If you get yourself cornered, heh. It's still an option to run like hell and try to get them off your tail, as outrunning them isn't any harder than outrunning human guards. Yes, I remember that's an argument against them...

Still, it's cool that due to high moddability of TDM you can encounter all kinds of shit in its FMs aside from revenants and zombies, from mages and necromancers to invincible ghosts, [nearly] invisible enemies etc. There was even a vengeful spirit that, once introduced, kept slowly chasing the player throughout the map ignoring lighting conditions and obstacles, damn was that an incentive to finish the mission asap while expecting for it to emerge from the nearby wall in any moment.

tl;dr - it's not exactly Thief, but it's still 10 times more Thief than 2014's Thief, and with its own twist to add to that. Pun intended.

Beat Unreal on unreal difficulty, got very hard at the end but otherwise just as enjoyable (and really long) adventure as I remember it being 7 years ago. Easily my favorite FPS experience besides Doom and Blood. Currently going through the mission pack for the first time. Not bad so far.

I beat Thief 4 about a week ago and found it to be really enjoyable. It's pretty much discount Dishonored, but that's okay, I like Dishonored, and there's traces of classic Thief in the free-roam part of the game.

In all honesty I'd put it over T3 in terms of gameplay; T3's small maps and "body awareness" were huge negatives.

I've since moved on to Rage. It's alright, but I keep waiting for it to get really good.

I am not playing any Doom game right now, actually It's been a while since I last played one, maybe I haven't played any Doom game for about two years, but I'm playing Mario Bros 2 (the japanese version) ocassionaly because I've never beaten that game before, it's been more than two months and I can't still beat it, did you guys know that Nintendo of America rejected this Mario game because they found it to be too difficult and frustrating? You all probably know the story about the incident already.

Also playing a bunch of mobile games sometimes.

Damn, I already bought few DLCs for this. I had no idea that there was this many left. But I'm really not interested in getting them, unless I happen to be missing a cool game mechanic.