Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roadworx

what game (besides doom) are you playing?

Tritnew said:

I've been playing A LOT of Marathon, probably the second game I've tried from Bungie. And I have to say, Marathon Is better then Halo.

Plus It's freeware now, so, you know. Get It and play It, It's pretty Interesting and cool.

Will be playing the trilogy in the not too distant future. Great that the games are all free and remastered.

A bit of Fallout 4 now a days.

And I just got back into playing Elite Dangerous with the new update that just came out.

I'm slowly but surely making my way through Quake Mission Pack 2 on Nightmare difficulty on a half-blind playthrough. I've reached past the part I've played before and it's full blind now.

Marathon is one of the greatest FPS series I've ever played. A pity Aleph One doesn't have a lot of important quality-of-life features.

I've actually been wanting to map for the game, but sadly some of the programs are only for Mac. Maybe some day some fans will care enough to make a Windows exclusive map maker for the Marathon Trilogy.

Been playing me some Fallout 4 too.

Just started Ultimate Challenge so I won't be playing Wolfenstein 3D for much longer.

Also started my entire-series MGS playthrough (in in-universe chronological order) starting with MGS3, which remains my personal favorite.

Just finished Quantum Break (now I can relieve my small SSD from some space)
Then I had this mission to learn all the secrets of Duke Nukem 3D. I used modern Eduke32 with modern renderers and highres textures. I've finished Duke3D some times in the past, just never bothered then to find all secrets. While with Doom 1/2 I remember everything, I never did that with Duke3D. So now I did it.

And now I am trying to do the same with Blood, my favorite build engine game. I realized there was a problem. I used to play Blood with keyboard back in the days. But I tried to use mouselook. Oops.. there is something very clanky about it. It seems vertical aim is very sticky, horizontal rotate is better. Sensitivity didn't help. Actually there were two problems, one is that both horizontal and vertical movement wasn't happening, there is someone who made BMOUSE.EXE, really helpful, a driver for build engine games. There was some kind of filtering before, if one of the two direction is a bigger, dampen the other. Now this was commented. This fixes the problem 90%, it's almost there. But you still see a little stickiness if you want to make careful small movements on the aim direction.

But now I can play Blood. I just wanted to talk about it, I never knew it was so bad for mouse control. I was checking the mouse driver code. There is nothing more. It seems the aim stickiness is internal. But I have one or two ideas I want to try, maybe I'll recompile the mouse driver and see. Or play some Blood.

There was always this one secret which I couldn't get in the second map of Blood.

Right now I'm playing Metroid: Zero Mission. It's hard to say if I like this a little more or a little less than Super Metroid. The gameplay and level design is a little more polished, but it doesn't have the same foreboding atmosphere and sense of isolation that Super Metroid has. At any rate, the game is fantastic, and possibly the best video game remake I've yet played.

OpenRA.

Anyone remember the old Command and Conquer games? This open source mod recreates them with modern features.

Been playing some classic Smash Bros. on the N64 lately, along with some handheld games like Pokemon Pinball and Wario Land.

Verdun is the only game left I play these days. (occasionally) if you're in NZ or Aus and play (or want to play) flick me a message.

Blades of Exile. Changed the first avatar into a cacodemon pretty hilarious in exile 3's opening sequence.

Avoozl said:

There was always this one secret which I couldn't get in the second map of Blood.

The super secrets are fun. But these, I couldn't find most of them, unless with a walkthrough.

valkiriforce said:

Been playing some classic Smash Bros. on the N64 lately, along with some handheld games like Pokemon Pinball and Wario Land.

My friend and I play smash 64 very often and god its my favorite one. I also like project m but there is something about 64... plus I'm not that good at wavedashing so 64 is more my style, I can always land those spikes with ness

Recently completed POSTAL 2 7-day game on Hestonworld, started on the Splat Pack for Carmageddon. Previously on chapter 10 of Mafia II and slowly making my way through Chaser.