Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

The Children's Part of Youtube

neubejiita said:

So, is there some kind of SLIGE video generator out there that can make this stuff?

Not really, just make a low effort SFM/something animation and cycle between random assets.

This thread is old as shit, but this is very, VERY important!

#elsagate

r/elsagate

These horrifying videos are circulating across Youtube and the news has just reported on it!

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2017/11/26/mars-adidas-and-lidl-among-brands-have-pulled-ads-youtube-light-paedophilia-fears

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/youtube-kids-videos-deleted/

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/censorship/parents-warned-over-prevalence-of-disturbing-elsagate-content-targeting-kids-on-youtube/news-story/8d5c8b211781e7c5f8599b52f8078260?#sharehash

https://www.today.com/video/youtube-forced-to-remove-videos-with-inappropriate-content-1105858627584

IMAGE EXAMPLES OF THESE VIDEOS (WARNING! VERY DISTURBING AND VIOLENT!)

Spoiler

DPLA4S0VAAAzIhb.jpg

DPb4nFlVoAAEmVL.jpg

IT GETS WORSE!

Spoiler

*image removed by me* Image consisted of a girl tied up to a tree while men dressed up as Venom and the Joker torment her.

GOD! HELP US ALL!

Edited by Sgt Jack V

My friend told me how he became aware of AVGN. His 8 year old found AVGN in the kid's section. Specifically the Spiderman and Bugs Bunny episodes. They weren't uploaded by AVGN, but there they were.

Looking at how long this has been going on an escalating now, I am seriously dumbfounded at how these things haven't faced the bloodlust of copyright lawyers and their usual zealotry. And this would be one of the few cases where it'd actually be called for. Do these huge companies like Disney not realise that this is actively damaging the integrity of their brands?

You'd think they would have held YouTube at gunpoint for enabling this shady industry.

32 minutes ago, lazygecko said:

You'd think they would have held YouTube at gunpoint for enabling this shady industry.

They probably do but youtube relies on users reporting innappropriate content. There's also like 3 news uploads every 5 minutes( or something ridiculous like that) every day. Finally - It's easy to fool the music detection ai using small variations in pitch.

This is what I know, but I can wager a guess the uploading is done by scripts and random proxies in a factory like manner.

Okay, that really takes this up a level and by that, I mean straight into the pits of hell.  I was fine with thinking this wasn't anything more than a cheap revenue scam however that Reddit thread if there's validity to it and it's not just a massive and fucked up coincidence...that terrifies me.

I like this to be honest. It really shows just what a dangerous idea it is to let your kids browse the internet unsupervised. Maybe it will teach people some lessons.

On 11/30/2017 at 10:11 PM, geo said:

My friend told me how he became aware of AVGN. His 8 year old found AVGN in the kid's section. Specifically the Spiderman and Bugs Bunny episodes. They weren't uploaded by AVGN, but there they were.

And that's how little Timmy learned his first word: "fuck".

His second was "anal evacuation".

42 minutes ago, Woolie Wool said:

And that's how little Timmy learned his first word: "fuck".

His second was "anal evacuation".

Funny you mention first words as "fuck." My neighbor's parrot's first word was "fuck." I hear they live 50 - 100 years. " fuck " ... " fuck " ... " fuuuuuck " It wasn't even amusing it was deafening. We never figured out who taught it the word... now that its like 30 years later I assume it was the deadbeat uncle that lived in the basement.

My friend's little cousin's first word was "no" just bluntly "no." Said it all the time "no no no." Her parents claimed that didn't count.

Front.PNG.3cd11451fbf1f82f5e98b41ff49acc13.PNGTo the first post, thanks for linking to that subreddit and giving a name for this weird thing on YouTube; I read on Medium about it but wanted to know more, and that's what I got! I fall for cute things so this ElsaGate series bootleg of Twilight Sparkle got my attention.

This bootleg series has some of the weird things ElsaGate videos are known for, most commonly Twilight Sparkle fighting other characters. The thumbnails usually lie about what's actually in the video, in one case showing "3:1 = FUCK" on a chalkboard. That would've been a funny scene, even if really inappropriate, but that never appeared in the video!

Twilight Sparkle angrily throwing an eraser at Flash for answering with cursing.

Bad news is now this series is recommended to me on YouTube! Well, I'd prefer this over other ElsaGate videos any day!

I was just looking at this stuff on /r/elsagate.

Apparently the software for most of these videos is called CrazyTalk Animator and there's a whole community of premade elements and images. People from places like Vietnam who are tech savvy seem to be mass producing these things for quick cash. What I wanna know is why they all have to be vulgar. It was hilarious at first but this could really affect kids in a subtle and negative way. You're better off getting rid of the youtube app and just using keepvid to get videos for your kid that you KNOW are safe. Don't just sit them down in front of a russian roulette. 

then YouTube got rid of like 50k+ videos which were apparently elsagate material but others have brought up a low key conspiracy...that maybe this crazy elsa thing is being used so that YouTube can have a tighter grip over things they don't like. We'll see, but obviously YT can't be trusted.

Edited by Neurosis

SimilarCrazyTalk.thumb.png.ef5f288d2b8eb54e45441586e9e39889.png@Neurosis The CrazyTalk Animator program gets my attention, as I've seen evidence that the Twilight Sparkle design I showed in my post may be animated in that program. For one, she appeared in a picture showing how many different "peeing through a bathroom wall" videos were made. She can be seen at the upper-left corner here. Additionally, characters and objects held by them in that series of videos sometimes look pixelated when zoomed in on, and CrazyTalk Animator mainly accept image file formats, which can't be coincidence.

I wonder if that Twilight Sparkle design is on their marketplace or something; I've looked through many pages of actors and couldn't find her, so they must've shared her design with another person to make the video in that picture separate from the video series the design appears in.

Basically, I wonder if anyone can find that design. I'd probably try out this program if I got that design. I bet it's on some separate website from the official marketplace for CrazyTalk Animator.

Other than that problem which worries me, it is dumb what they do in the videos. They could just make innocent stories or things like what the children's shows they're taking characters from do, but they instead make the characters behave incorrect from how they would canonically behave and introduce things that really don't need to be there.