Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Graf Zahl

Ceiling/Floor_MoveToValue issue

EDIT: Forget it. The documentation in the Wiki was wrong, the specials themselves are fine. Other similar errors I found were in Floor_Raise/LowerInstant where the Wiki doesn't match the implementation.

Would be nice to say what was wrong, just to save me some time of looking at the code. But I guess I'll end up looking at it anyway tonight.

printz said:

Would be nice to say what was wrong, just to save me some time of looking at the code. But I guess I'll end up looking at it anyway tonight.

http://eternity.youfailit.net/index.php?title=Detailed_parameterized_linedef_specification

319:Floor_MoveToValue ( tag, speed, height, change, crush )

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Floor_MoveToValue

37:Floor_MoveToValue (tag, speed, height, neg)

Same for Ceiling_.

The implementation is ok. It's only the Wiki that's out of date. (Not only these differences in parameters, it looks like the entire list of parameterized specials is quite a bit old and is missing lots of newer stuff, including some changes to the parameter lists to make them compatible with Hexen and ZDoom. I did some closer investigation and so far it doesn't look like there's a problem in the code anywhere.)

The actual implementation in Eternity is

37/319:Floor_MoveToValue ( tag, speed, height, neg, change )

As for the additional parameters Eternity defines for these functions (and many other floor/ceiling specials), I'm going to add them to ZDoom, too, so that the implementation is consistent between the two.