Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

New article about SnapMap.

http://www.pcgames.de/Doom-2016-Spiel-56369/Specials/Snapmap-Vorschau-Editor-Mods-Modding-1184019/

This is the most interesting part but the rest is worth reading as well.

"By the way: The Doom developers think about it, to publish later more complex tools for active modding scene on the PC. With whom then also new campaigns and story cutscenes are conceivable. For at least the release, individual SnapMap cards do not connect to longer campaigns"

EDIT:

DO NOT TAKE THIS AS A CONFIRMATION. For now all we have is MAYBE.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Make it english .

Make it so

Also, that is literally the first time there has been any talk of even "maybe" getting extra tools for PC later on, while other articles and quotes have explicitly stated there would not be such. I would take it with a pinch of salt for now.

Edit: I got a friendly neighbourhood German to properly translate that last paragraph since Google mangles it a bit -

The doom developers are thinking about developing more complex tools for the more active modding scene on pc at a later date. with them modders would potentially be able to develop new campaigns and story sequences as well. For now, the bundled snapmap tools do not allow for more extensive level design.

AirRaid said:

Make it so

Also, that is literally the first time there has been any talk of even "maybe" getting extra tools for PC later on, while other articles and quotes have explicitly stated there would not be such. I would take it with a pinch of salt for now.

Edit: I got a friendly neighbourhood German to properly translate that last paragraph since Google mangles it a bit -

Actually, it is the second time. The first time was at Quakecon 2015.

All we got at Quakecon was:

"SnapMap doesn't replace our desire to mod the game."
"Wait and see"

Not really confirming it or denying it.

id Software has gotten nearly every damn aspect of the game right. They clearly know what we want and they've been delivering, judging by the Game Informer expose. I think it would be a fair bet that we'll see more extensive modding in the future, though whether it'll be PC-only or DLC, who knows.

They probably won't release any more tools for PC if: The game doesn't sell enough on PC specifically, or not enough people demand it on PC at release.

wheresthebeef said:

They probably won't release any more tools for PC if: The game doesn't sell enough on PC specifically, or not enough people demand it on PC at release.

Really?! Ya think so?! Wow!

Appearantly there's Co-op in the New Doom, about fighting waves of enemies (Called Demon Wars by Doom 3 Modders)

Not a High quality pic :

It is also mentioned in the article above .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

It is also mentioned in the article above .

It's been mentioned just about every time Snapmap's scripting has been brought up.

GoatLord said:

id Software has gotten nearly every damn aspect of the game right. They clearly know what we want and they've been delivering, judging by the Game Informer expose. I think it would be a fair bet that we'll see more extensive modding in the future, though whether it'll be PC-only or DLC, who knows.

Maybe they'll go the whole Epic Games route and just say fuck it and release the whole engine. Hey, I can dream right?