Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TeamTNS

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #233 - Freudian Slipgate

This Thursday we will be playing the recently released Freudian Slipgate, a 20+ map megawad chronicling an adventure through the #doomtwid realm. Thanks to a certain member of TeamTNS, this WAD has been coop-fixed several times, so we don't expect to see any bugs, but if we do, I'll be counting. See you there!

DMFLAGS: 1174487140 / 806496256 / 0
IWAD: doom2 or freedoom080
PWADs: freudslp
Maps: 2-22
Lives: 1
Players: 25/100
Item Respawn Time: 60 Seconds
Player Join Limit: 3 Minutes

Date: 28th January 2016

Euro session: 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST at Ducks, Czech Republic (usually lasts 6-8 hours, sometimes much longer)

Get ZDaemon and join in.

so.. that server is just good but.. why they awolled Voice Chat then someone spams it.....
also....
that server is so crazy then played Village people - Macho Man...
aleast good event.

MetalGuy213 said:

so.. that server is just good but.. why they awolled Voice Chat then someone spams it.....

That guy was quite promptly notified and then kicked when he failed to understand that spamming music on voice chat is not the thing to do in TNS. How do you imagine this being done better?

If you do not wish to use voice chat, just turn it off (voice_chat 0 in console). If somebody specific bothers you, use the quick mute functionality bound to the M key (by default).

EDIT: Hey DaIce, thanks for getting those gold obits o/ They can go in the video.

Wasn't around as much this week, so it'll be a shorter than usual, but that's a good thing for me at the moment, heh.
10-hours in, session is down to 4 players now so its shorter than previous sessions but still, pretty solid.

The screenshots in this thread are friggin hilarious - been at work the whole time sadly :(

Well Doomkid, the session hasn't actually ended yet...

Actually these super-long sessions are almost the norm now. Maybe we need to rename. I'm all for this one:

2016-01-29 00:54:05 <fred512> all night unending survival (ANUS)

Let me know how you guys like the boss. It's probably hideously unbalanced for co-op though: maybe I should have made an alternate for co-op with 4 times the health.

It seems to be credited with 6 kills in the entire session, all of which were from other maps where it was manually spawned xD
So yeah we made light work of it, but it came as quite a surprise when I first saw it (reminded me of KDiZD Z1M8 too), and the battle itself looked awesome, as the video will show.

Second longest TNS ever, at 30 hours and 18 minutes. I seem to be saying this sort of thing a lot lately :P

We peaked at 39 players, and over the course of the session, 239 people connected, which is a new record.
This thread is also very much more lively than previous ones here at DW, so all in all, things looking good thus far for this forum in our case!

Here is the highlights video for this week.

P.S. those keycard letters in my shot above are actually pretty beautiful when they're all flashing out of sync :>