Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LkMax

How to achieve the best config for Doom 3 BFG?

I decided to replay Doom 3 BFG Edition but I'm not being able to "maximize the settings". I remember I did a comparison back then and the original Doom 3 had much better textures, after changing the lod bias in the settings at the time I said I resolved the problem, but this time it's not working (the textures are still blurry) and my search for a Doom 3 BFG tweak guide is having very frustating results.
Any help is very appreciated (what files I should edit, what parameters, etc).

Most important:
- Achieve highest resolutions on default game textures (no modding needed)
- restore imp fireball casting shadows (I remember they included it again but I don't remember where to reactivate)

did u download the patch? i think the options you speak of made it to the menu via the patch.

also i just turn off motion blur, you might try that.

The game was pretty blurred, like it was running on a lower resolution than the actual set one, maybe this is affecting you, either seta rs_enable 0 or seta r_skipPostProcessing 1 fixed it, with no noticeable drop in visual quality.

rampancy said:

did u download the patch? i think the options you speak of made it to the menu via the patch.

also i just turn off motion blur, you might try that.

I thought Steam games always recieved the latest patch...
I did turn off motion blur and it got better, but not quite there yet.

YukiHerz said:

The game was pretty blurred, like it was running on a lower resolution than the actual set one, maybe this is affecting you, either seta rs_enable 0 or seta r_skipPostProcessing 1 fixed it, with no noticeable drop in visual quality.

I'll look into that, thanks.