Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

rf1024: I don't know what's going on with this title anymore

rdwpa said:

You can't be serious.

What? Open it in SLADE, delete the sounds you don't like, the stock ones get used, end of story.

EDIT: Oh, crap, new page. Word to the wise, check the previous one.

I like the sounds for the most part, but the weapons certainly sound weaker. Actually, they feel weaker, but I'm not convinced that's not just the sounds tricking me.

rdwpa said:

You can't be serious.

Why? I do that all the time since the custom sound filth became widespread. Usually it requires just a few clicks in XWE or Slade or whatever. I have dozens of such "cleaned" WADs on my drive already.

Cacowad said:

edit: it is just me or all the weapons seems to be firing a little bit faster? also nerfing the berseker pack make all tyson fans sad ;(

I didn't change the berserk pack at all, and most monsters are unchanged. Your weapons are all a little bit faster though.

map 22: that paper thin fence was hilarious, also it created an hom for some reason.

There are no paper-thin fences. That's an error with the nodebuilder that I'm trying to correct.

Caleb13 said:

Why? I do that all the time since the custom sound filth became widespread. Usually it requires just a few clicks in XWE or Slade or whatever. I have dozens of such "cleaned" WADs on my drive already.

The vitriol in this line of thinking astounds me.

I also don't see what's wrong with "customizing" your copy of the wad by editing it. Sounds in particular don't even affect demo sync.

Caleb13 said:

At first, I was overjoyed that someone has used (non-gay) Descent music in a mod for once. But then I got disapointed by some of the custom crap that was included in it.

Wow you must have heard lots of gay music in order to be able to tell what music is gay or not, I don't even know what constitutes your criteria of whether the music you are listening to is homoerotic beyond a deep threshold. Agitating guitars, piano key slamming that sounds like orgasm or trumpets that sound like farts?

I have no idea, but this is not the first time you used such a stupid description of not liking the music (your BTSX post comes to mind), all you have to do, to not come off as stupid, is simply "I just don't like the music" and that's all you need to say, no need to go all lesbian on the creators.

Note: I've played few maps of this but i'm yet to form a full opinion, i'll do so when I play more of it.

i too make use of a nine year old child mindframe when referring to things I don't like. having the capabilities to actually explain why i don't like certain things is gay as fuck.

For some reason, thriller movie directors don't use slow, pop-like music in action scenes of their movies. Yet, somehow this became the norm in the mods for THE action game. Sorry, I find word "gay" pretty fitting for the situation.

@rf': Got a look at the dehacked and it is correct, i got that impression becouse a couple of times i needed 3 hit to kill a demon with the berserk, it was hexen all over again! Also i meant a slime trail, sorry. Going to finish it between today and tomorrow.

So I'm finding all the HOM errors in Eternity so I'm now able to find and fix them.

VGA said:

What? Open it in SLADE, delete the sounds you don't like, the stock ones get used, end of story.

EDIT: Oh, crap, new page. Word to the wise, check the previous one.

Caleb13 said:

To put it simply, I don't feel like it. It's not like I was enthralled by the first two maps anyway. So I decided to play other things (ASS26 and Violence). When there are two or three options I'd normally consider interchangeable, having to do janitorial work on one of them can easily shift the balance to the others. Plus there's the potential of having to repeat that work if I want to play future versions.

Okay, try this then: rip the sounds from the IWAD into a PWAD, and load that PWAD when you come across a WAD that has sounds you don't like.

Works for more than one WAD, too!

scifista42 said:

I also don't see what's wrong with "customizing" your copy of the wad by editing it. Sounds in particular don't even affect demo sync.

That's OK of course, but calling the choices of the mod creator "filth" and that you have "cleaned" their work ... sounds bad, especially to the creator himself.

VGA said:

That's OK of course, but calling the choices of the mod creator "filth" and that you have "cleaned" their work ... sounds bad, especially to the creator himself.

Its pretty much like a slap in the face.

In other news, I've updated to fix as much of the nodebuilder errors I could find. If there are more, please let me know!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18675596/Doomstuff/rf_1024.wad

Personally I have a wad with all of the stock doom sounds in it to load after any wads with sounds I don't like.

caleb shave the neckbeard yo

this is literally the first time I've considered the sexuality of the Descent soundtrack

The Descent soundtrack prefers to think of itself as pansexual. It is interested in sountracks of the same and opposite genders, but also wants to acknowledge that there is much more to a soundtrack than just what kind of genitals it has, and that such things are not necessarily binary. It would also like it if you referred to it using gender neutral pronouns.

Which node builder are you using? I think Zennode is the best vanilla node builder.

This is awesome! The new gameplay changes are awesome and makes much more fun to kill groups of barons or Cacodemons, especially when in awesome setpieces.

The soundtrack is really weird, though, but this isn't a bad thing hahaha You can do some quite sick stuff in MIDI D:

Hello all. New to the forums as member. Long time watcher. Anyways, I just wanted to say to the people out there who wonder if a wad is decent from just comments alone. I say play it first then find out. I do not understand the taste of some when it comes to the sounds on this map. I love the sounds. Maps like these are why I keep playing Doom. This to me pushes the bounds of Doom. I love custom content like this. From the guns, the sounds, to the slight color change in blood. It all just pops and I love it. Cacoward worthy. These kinds of levels really stand out compared to some of the slaughter maps, or speed maps. for me Detail goes a long way, as does diverse content. Now do I love all the stuff the community put out, yeah. Some speed maps and slaughter maps I have enjoyed as well. I tried it all. So I just wanted to say that I do hope more folks from different strokes make more random customized content. Brilliant. I do hope to someday join in on the content. Anwyays, have a good day all.

johnnyledger1 said:

I do hope to someday join in on the content.

If I were you I wouldn't be a WAD. :D

Welcome to the forums! Thanks!

johnnyledger1 said:

Hello all. New to the forums as member. Long time watcher. Anyways, I just wanted to say to the people out there who wonder if a wad is decent from just comments alone. I say play it first then find out. I do not understand the taste of some when it comes to the sounds on this map. I love the sounds. Maps like these are why I keep playing Doom. This to me pushes the bounds of Doom. I love custom content like this. From the guns, the sounds, to the slight color change in blood. It all just pops and I love it. Cacoward worthy. These kinds of levels really stand out compared to some of the slaughter maps, or speed maps. for me Detail goes a long way, as does diverse content.

+1

Agreed. Even though I felt some of the new sounds made the guns somehow feel weaker (see my post upthread) I wouldn't change 'em; it gives the WAD a unique flavor that makes it stand out—I mean, that's mostly the maps (which were a blast) but the little modified details really help to make it its own thing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18675596/Doomstuff/rf_1024.wad
Various fixes:

* raised health for bosses.
* lowered health and pain chance for cyborg zombies.
* reworked the bfg to be less dangerous to use. Sorta. Arguably it also became less powerful in the long run, especially in map32.
* added coop starts for all maps.
* tweaked some of the maps. mostly map20 and map21.
* tiling versions of skinface

Not Jabba said:

The Descent soundtrack prefers to think of itself as pansexual. It is interested in sountracks of the same and opposite genders, but also wants to acknowledge that there is much more to a soundtrack than just what kind of genitals it has, and that such things are not necessarily binary. It would also like it if you referred to it using gender neutral pronouns.

This post needs a trigger warning.

Justince said:

Absolutely awesome. I know it's early but this is wad of the year so far for me.

You can't possibly know what will be released this year! You will eat those words when Romero comes out with Episode 5!!

*dreams away*

Just played this up to map14, really cool compact set of maps. I really like the design, and the immediacy of the action. Its a very arcadey experience, reminds me of swift death (only not so brutal), and the custom sounds and colourful palette helps in that respect I think.

Good stuff.