Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaxRideWizardLord

Double barrel, or super shotgun is so damn cheap, boring, overused and overpowered.

Doomkid said:

No one here is being a total asshole or otherwise breaking the rules, to reply to that one bit of your post directed at mods. If anyone was being abusive or overtly offtopic their post would be helled.

I never said anything of that. Except, there were actually one person who even used the F word (the one that starts on F and ends on G, sometimes on T too). I still not sure that F word is allowed or not, especially used against any person you want it to use, even if it's mixed with any other word together.

MaxRideWizardLord said:

...even with huge ssg nerf people tend to still stick to it and dominate with it, even with just 14 bullter spread. Not like it’s super hard to get close in a close area DM map while having 80 mph running speed anyway.

Wait what? Did you just shoot down your own argument? If people could still stick with the 'nerfed' Super and 'dominate' with it what was the point? So maybe that incalculable 'lucky spread' didn't catch you sometimes? When is the nerf good enough? When you decide that the other weapons are getting enough use? Or does it only matter to you subconsciously know it's there so you can feel better about playing? Also nice to know we're still not talking about DM.

Use3D said:

Wait what? Did you just shoot down your own argument? If people could still stick with the 'nerfed' Super and 'dominate' with it what was the point? So maybe that incalculable 'lucky spread' didn't catch you sometimes? When is the nerf good enough? When you decide that the other weapons are getting enough use? Or does it only matter to you subconsciously know it's there so you can feel better about playing? Also nice to know we're still not talking about DM.

How did I shoot down my own argument?? With nerfed ssg people still use it and dominate with it. When I say that, it doesn't imply dominate 90% of times. Neither nerfed ssg instantly becomes an default weapon of choise for most players that used almost all the time. The point is that weapon was more balanced with other and neither was that overused, but still powerful enough to oneshot up close and be less cheap and overpowered. Those mods I was talking about along with balancing the pelets amount to 14 had as well less spread, which made it less luck based. I'm actually talking about DM right now, as it's where ssg nerf mods were used most. What made it feels balanced is that other weapons gets equally more use while ssg still remain deadly and able to instakill full healed marine.

MaxRideWizardLord said:

*ANOTHER LONG WALL POST*

Seriously mang?

You guys are arguing over a freaken Doom weapon.

MaxRideWizardLord said:

Those mods I was talking about along with balancing the pelets amount to 14 had as well less spread, which made it less luck based.

And how do you personally determine weather or not your death from a non-nerfed Super was 'luck' based? Since we're talking about such exact figures here like '90% of the time' and 'it feels balanced'. Does it go something like this 'Oh that time I got hit by oh, 13 pellets, nice shot man.' 'You sir have struck me with 19 pellets, pure luck dude, pure luck'?

Seriously though, I would like to know, I bet this technique could really up my game.

MaxRideWizardLord said:

Oh. those railguns... The games that tend to have instant burst-damage instakilling weapon that let you instakill even across the map pretty much gain most attention than the rest and usually pretty much revolves around them. Not even "super weapons" that are usually rare and super hard to get won't get in power to those "definitive" weapons.

Yeah, sure, a lot of DM\PVP games have that cancerous weapons that dominant in it's power and is good in ALL situations and thus make attraction to those le pr0MegaSkillzorz1337MLGslayer scrublords who think they do good for using the most banal and overpowered weapon in the game, which latelly creates "meta" around that weapon(s), and that\those weapon(s) being used almost all of the time as pretty much "core" mechanics of the game according to the established status quo, and all other weapons will be either gimmicks, either cosmetics, either fillers, or even "n00b weapons", while the one they use themselves are easy to master and easy to exploit with. What I'm trying to say, only because DM seems to grow around certain cancerous weapon, doesn't mean it's an alright thing and should be in every single video game ever, and that I should be okay with it. No. In fact, that is pretty much one of the purpose of this thread, to cancel the opinion-echo effect and cut the attraction to the most overused and most cheap weapon in the game, that only get's so popular because of people's personal power trip for strongest weapon that just feels "default" or what you call, "definitive".

Mad. You are mad.

MaxRideWizardLord said:

And while bfg\rl do more damage\dps, the ammo for them is still far more rare than shells, not to mention that in original default maps you will find yourself using ssg far more often than both bfg and rpg, former because it's simple consumes too much rare ammo, and latter because the maps are too close range to use rockets without risk.

I'm able to use the BFG a lot in D2, admittedly I burn through rockets quite often but there's so much large cell ammo in D2 that I can get away with BFGing pretty much every large group of enemies in the game at least once. I ensure to maximize it's use by attacking at point blank range or shooting near a solid object (like a wall or pillar) to still inflict critical damage all around me in my sight.

TNT and Plutonia is a bit harder but I still rocket and BFG the crap out of things and it's practically necessary IMO to deal with the worst hordes in Plutonia. The SSG won't always cut it.

MaxRideWizardLord said:

And you feel alright to off-topic just because you don’t like the content of this thread?? That only proves you’re selfish and biased. So the next time If see someone whines and butthurt about Pain Elemental and say how they dislike the concept of enemy, him being pretty weak and worthless, or getting pwn by him often, I will just out of no reason start to discuss about the ol’ good soviet cartoons (just to piss off the weebs) that absolutely irrelevant to the topic. I mean, it’s alright thing to make off-topics, right?? No one will care anyway, not even mods it seems. -.-

Doomkid said:

Nothing here has really been that off topic, it's just that you're making a highly debatable point. No one here is being a total asshole or otherwise breaking the rules, to reply to that one bit of your post directed at mods. If anyone was being abusive or overtly offtopic their post would be helled.

MaxRideWizardLord said:

I never said anything of that.

Use3D said:

And how do you personally determine weather or not your death from a non-nerfed Super was 'luck' based? Since we're talking about such exact figures here like '90% of the time' and 'it feels balanced'. Does it go something like this 'Oh that time I got hit by oh, 13 pellets, nice shot man.' 'You sir have struck me with 19 pellets, pure luck dude, pure luck'?

Seriously though, I would like to know, I bet this technique could really up my game.

I can determine it by the fact the guy who shoot from mile away (just a phrase, don't take it too seriously, although it may mean from medium to medium-long range) wasn't even aiming at me, or aimed at me poorly. We tend to make demos and share it with each other. Some people even admit that they didn't even aimed at me and still frag me, although they say it like an funny phenomenon. If you get to the enemy to a point blank rather than shoot from medium-close to medium range, and your sight was actually pointed out to the enemy player, then it's most definitelly not a luck as bullets spread won't even go futher than that.

Cyanosis said:

Mad. You are mad.

No u. Nice blank post btw.

Cyanosis said:

I'm able to use the BFG a lot in D2, admittedly I burn through rockets quite often but there's so much large cell ammo in D2 that I can get away with BFGing pretty much every large group of enemies in the game at least once. I ensure to maximize it's use by attacking at point blank range or shooting near a solid object (like a wall or pillar) to still inflict critical damage all around me in my sight.

TNT and Plutonia is a bit harder but I still rocket and BFG the crap out of things and it's practically necessary IMO to deal with the worst hordes in Plutonia. The SSG won't always cut it.

I've already described how BFG9000 works in the very beginning of this thread, even said how to exploit it, do not need to repeat my words.

If you find that you can use BFG9000 often against horde of enemies in D2 rather than stick to SSG most of the time (at least 80% of whole D2 playtime), then I'd suggest you to play on UV\Nightmare and you will find the cells being pretty much rare to even use it against hordes of enemies that you're sure you can dodge their projectile shoots. I only found BFG9000 having a real use once you get archvile supported by other enemies, pain elementals supported by bunch of revenants and anything that happened in closed area and I just can't take cover from, then bfg9000 can be my savior, but I would still have not so much ammo to use it at least 30% of time even if I really want to, and even if I will use it smart for it's full power.

As for plutonia, while plutonia unlike other official doom games often is mindlessly filled with large amount of hordes all around; unfortunatelly, there is still not enough cells or rockets to use them most of the time against those hordes, so you gotta actually dance with same baron of hell for another 10 seconds while you could just stay back and launch some rockets at his face while being at distance if you had ammo to do so. I guess map32 is the only exception as it's mindlessly filled with LOTS of enemies everywhere, just like it's filled with cells and rockets everywhere.

Doomkid said:

Another misuse of quotes in the context... If you didn't actually pull that out of context for your selfish intentions and actually keep track at which message I actually originally was replying to, you would actually see I was replying to your “No one here is being a total asshole or otherwise breaking the rules, to reply to that one bit of your post directed at mods. If anyone was being abusive or overtly offtopic their post would be helled.” message, and then you could notice that I was actually talking about people that use harsh words and straight insults, so that implies I was actually talking about “No one here is being a total asshole” bit.

So the whole “I never said anything of that.” was actually relevant to the fact I’ve never called anyone a “total asshole” as you said it, and neither claimed\implied that someone is being one.

EDIT:

BaronOfStuff said:

Eh, not exactly something I was hoping to find, it looks like completelly different weapon, and the reload feels faster, I would like to know it's stats though.

I do play on UV, so what's your point? Also I can wipe out the largest hordes, should've said that more specifically, but I can still get away with annihilating some smaller-scale ones here and there. The rest is either rocket or SSG bait. Makes the chaingun and plasma gun pretty useless most of the time actually.

Jaxxoon R said:

"I don't like the super shotgun and my opinion is fact."

Slap me if this is considered back-seat moderating, but I think this would be a perfect custom title for MaxRideWizardLord.

MaxRideWizardLord said:

Eh, not exactly something I was hoping to find, it looks like completelly different weapon, and the reload feels faster, I would like to know it's stats though.

It's called "rebalancing over nerfing", and the stats are there to see in SLADE 3.

The super shotgun is a cheap, boring, overused, overpowered, overbuffed, stereotypical, prevelant, no good, obstructive, game breaking, destructive, terrible, overbearing, vomit inducing, mother shagging, meta shifting, fundamentally flawed, fat shaming, glory hounding, zombie killing, imp blasting, demon demolishing, skeleton agitating, mastermind mulching, archvile stunning, run on sentence causing, shell eating, pellet spewing, ridiculous, game ending, ugly, very bad weapon.

MaxRideWizardLord said:

If you find that you can use BFG9000 often against horde of enemies in D2 rather than stick to SSG most of the time (at least 80% of whole D2 playtime), then I'd suggest you to play on UV\Nightmare and you will find the cells being pretty much rare to even use it against hordes of enemies that you're sure you can dodge their projectile shoots. I only found BFG9000 having a real use once you get archvile supported by other enemies, pain elementals supported by bunch of revenants and anything that happened in closed area and I just can't take cover from, then bfg9000 can be my savior, but I would still have not so much ammo to use it at least 30% of time even if I really want to, and even if I will use it smart for it's full power.

Are the iwads all you play? Have you played any tough modern pwads?

I use SSG only when conserving ammunition for powerful weapons, like plasma cells & rockets.

The thing is pretty much a slow-firing rocket launcher designed for close-ranged combat.

Cyanosis said:

I do play on UV, so what's your point? Also I can wipe out the largest hordes, should've said that more specifically, but I can still get away with annihilating some smaller-scale ones here and there. The rest is either rocket or SSG bait. Makes the chaingun and plasma gun pretty useless most of the time actually.

Is that you will find yourself holding rocket launcher and bfg9000 far less than ssg alone. Plasmagun feels pretty much useless because the ssg takes it's place to deal even with higher enemies hp enemies as there is too much ammo for it, so you'd hardly use plasma gun for light enemies. Especially on HoE where arachnotrons may spawn behind your back, you'd end up emptying both cells and rockets, while you will hardly EVER run out of shells, making you stick to SSG most of the time, at least in actual Doom 2.

in Doom 1 plasmagun faily can be used against both, Baron\Caco enemies and light enemies, there been more cell ammo to have fun with it at least occasionally, it wouldn't be a sin to use it against a horde of imps, although it was still limited so you won't use it all the time.

Chaingun latelly become more a selective weapon because of it's hitscan stuff, so it can be used to take down long range lost souls and pain elementals, but not much use because of same ammo problem.

Jaxxoon R said:

"I don't like the super shotgun and my opinion is fact."

Oh please, don’t make this (already mentioned, yet refuted in some previous message) fallacy out of nowhere again. I never claimed my opinions are a fact, never, and whenever I said objective points, I refer either to actual stats in wikipedia, either to some real objective evidence, i.e. they actually can be experienced with empirical evidence. I neither need any nitpicking toady like HavoX to actually support my argument.

BaronOfStuff said:

It's called "rebalancing over nerfing", and the stats are there to see in SLADE 3.

Can't have SLADE 3 possible be installed on my Window OS, sorry.

rdwpa said:

Are the iwads all you play?

Nah, I've actually mentioned few times that I play HR2, and any other classic doom megawad\mappack from AV, KS, etc. Yet, they all focused and centered more around SSG than actual Doom 2 is.

rdwpa said:

Have you played any tough modern pwads?

Of course, but even chillax often being centered around SSG mostly, and repeatedly killing countless amount of pinkies for hours (literally) on map21 can be beyond annoying, boring, lame, tiresome and irretating.

MaxRideWizardLord said:

Oh please, don’t make this (already mentioned, yet refuted in some previous message) fallacy out of nowhere again. I never claimed my opinions are a fact, never, and whenever I said objective points, I refer either to actual stats in wikipedia, either to some real objective evidence, i.e. they actually can be experienced with empirical evidence. I neither need any nitpicking toady like HavoX to actually support my argument.

You should've thought about that before making this thread

HavoX said:

You should've thought about that before making this thread

Nah that's okay pal, I don't mind. At least you bump this thread on top even more with those worthless messages. ;)

MaxRideWizardLord said:

Nah that's okay pal, I don't mind. At least you bump this thread on top even more with those worthless messages. ;)

He is probably right though. But hey its your opinion and I respect that. Though I think the SSG is a great gun and its honestly balanced. It's meant to deliver hectic damage close range while the normal SG honestly acts like an awesome sniper rifle at times.

Before I part ways with this, I need to bring something else up

MaxRideWizardLord said:
mifu said:

As for asking people to stay on topic.. How curious... you must have misunderstood............

http://i.imgur.com/04T1YIj.png

Think about it.

This testimony contradicts common sense.
You’re selfishly trying to derail the topic with random gibberish, there is nothing to think about. What are you doing now does not justify violation of Doomworld’s forum rules, thus the crime you’re attempting to make or justify. You can’t just go on and start off-topic out of nowhere and even nitpicking to the user you didn’t like just because you feel urge to do so, as again, it’s against the rules of DoomWorld’s forum. Otherwise, this place would be a living hell, and even more random anime folks would come and talk about their favorite anime character just because they love to spam it everywhere.

And you feel alright to off-topic just because you don’t like the content of this thread?? That only proves you’re selfish and biased. So the next time If see someone whines and butthurt about Pain Elemental and say how they dislike the concept of enemy, him being pretty weak and worthless, or getting pwn by him often, I will just out of no reason start to discuss about the ol’ good soviet cartoons (just to piss off the weebs) that absolutely irrelevant to the topic. I mean, it’s alright thing to make off-topics, right?? No one will care anyway, not even mods it seems. -.-

My thread is fully related about Doom, and posting a “Doom related rant” thread is pretty much the Doom General is all about; it’s all relevant and on-topic with doom theme. I neither need to support my point with stupid meaningless irrelevant pictures that are completelly misused and absolutelly unrelated to the topic or subject that were discussed.

Did not know you were a forum mod. Im sorry I'll just,,, Nah I have a better idea. I mean I thought my post (and this one is) is quite on topic as it discusses the super shot gun as your topic title states. If a real moderator feels if I have done any wrong doing then I do apologize and feel free to do whatever to my posts.