Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

what version

i cant remeber what version this was. so i will describ it for you. it was doom shareware. installation was odd, no deice, instead you typed install d: c:. it ran the program deice normally makes. also her are a few bugs i noticed in this version. health could only reach 199, however armor could get upto 999. also some random crashing, mostly at the end of the episode. chainsaw was distorted a bit, something with the sound code. also a few level bugs. now for level differnces. E1M5 had the swastika in it, not a texture but part of the level was made to look like a swastika. also E1M1 did not have the switch and door in the start of the level. several minor textures. also the trigger on E1M3 that lets u get the sould sphere was moved more towards the front of the hall way. well that is it. also unlike many early versions this was on a cd, doom only

the no deice was probably specific to CD installations; my 1.1 floppies used deice

the health and armour limits werent "bugs" per se, they were just the way it was

the E1M1 and E1M5 differences are consistent with other reported 1.1 info

the chainsaw sounded different probably because 1.1 had variable pitched sounds, my favorite part of 1.1

1.1 had weird pitched effects iirc. MBF has a mode to emulate the pitched sounds.

You can turn sound pitch on in zdoom. I don't remember the command specifically but you could ask around the zdoom forums

"snd_pitched" I think...

You can always just type "snd_" in the console then press tab 'till you find the right one.