Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

TNT Revilution: Final release now on ID Games!

Holy hell my map is broken as all get out.  Check the link again X_X

As of right now I have finished testing all 32 maps of Revilution. Updates are needed for maps 14, 24, 27, & 30. After I get these updates I will send the wad off to Doomkid to add DM stuff to the last few maps that need them.

If you want to be credited a specific way in the text file, now is the time to let me know.

Alright here's what the text file is looking like. If I forgot about someone/something or if you think anything needs to be changed please let me know.

========================================================================================
Advanced engine needed: No. For Demos use Doom 2.wad (complevel 2)
Primary purpose       : SP, CO-OP, & DM
========================================================================================
Title                 : TNT: Revilution
Filename              : TNTR.WAD
Release date          : 05/26/2017
Author                : Various, see below.
Email Address         : [redacted]

Description           : TNT: Revilution is a fan made community project the acts as a
                        sequel to TeamTNT's Evilution. The goal of this project was to
                        capture the spirit of what made Evilution so great, while at
                        the same time bringing the quality of the visuals & game play
                        up to modern standards.

Additional Credits to : Project Founders: Kyka, Ragnor "Devalaous" Berntsen, & Megamur
                        Project Leaders: Micah "Jaws In Space" Petersen, Kyka, & Eris
                                         Falling
                        Quality Control: Dobu Gabu Maru, Steve Duff, Demon of the
                                         Well, Ragnor, Megamur, rdwpa, & AD_79
                        Multiplayer Testing: Doomkid (DM) & TeamTNS (CO-OP)
                        TITLEPIC, CREDIT, INTERPIC, & BOSSBACK: Eternal
                        M_DOOM: Scientist & Jaws In Space
                        Status Bar: Jaws In Space
                        ENDOOM: Revae
                        Midis: Bucket, Eradrop, Eris Falling, Jeremy Doyle, Viscra
                               Maelstrom
                        DeHackEd by: Obsidian
                        Story by: Jaws In Space
*Textures by* : 4ooz, Afterglow, Cage, Covaro, DEFCONRAZOR22, Enjay, Espi, esselfortium,
                FuzzballFox, jazzmaster9, Jimmy, Kaiser,Matthias Worch, minigunner,
                Mutator, NaturalTvventy, Nightfall, NiGHTMARE, NMN, OrangePikmin33,
                ProcessingControl, Roger Ritenour, Russell Pearson, Scifista42,
                Submerge, Super Jamie, Thomas Möller, Thomas van der Velden,
                Vincent Catalaá

*Jaws In Space - Due to the nature of how I took over the project this
                 Textures by list may not be totally accurate. This list was taken from
                 a 2 year old post made by Kyka.
With the death of the Demon-Spitter, the army of the damned loses their gateway to our
world, and they slowly evaporate around you, writhing with screams of agony. Then,
everything is silent, and the hellish red sky and the stench of sulfur fade away almost
as if nothing had ever happened at all.

Have you won? Is this another victory for mankind? No, something isn't right, there's a
blue glow coming from the inside of the Demon-Spitter's head. You crawl into the now
exposed brain and find a mix of technology and organic material fused so that you can't
tell where one stops and the other begins. The glow is coming from a nearby computer
panel. A look of horror spreads across your face as you realize what has happened: by
killing the Demon-Spitter, you have activated some sort of locating device. Now an even
bigger fleet of ships full of demons is on its way to Io.

The yearly supply ship from Mars is still weeks away from your position. Looks like
you're the only one standing between the demons and Earth. There's no way for you to
make a stand at the now completely destroyed UAC base, so you head for a nearby thermal
power station that taps into one of Io's many active volcanoes. Since it's several
miles' walk, you need to travel light. Looks like you'll only be taking your pistol for
protection, but hopefully you'll resupply on weapons before the demons arrive.

Hours later, you find yourself at the walls of the power station. Suddenly you hear
rumbling from above, and a great explosion fills the sky as the moon Ganymede explodes
into several pieces. Once the dust clears, you see a great skull where the moon used to
be. A fleet of hell ships materialize from the skull. Most of the ships head on a course
for Earth, but one heads directly for your position. So much for finding weapons before
they arrive. It's up to you to make it to the Communications Center before the demons
destroy the satellite array so that you can send a message to Earth warning humanity of
its impending Doom. Good luck, marine.
* What is included *

New levels              : 32
Sounds                  : Yes
Music                   : Yes
Graphics                : Yes
Dehacked/BEX Patch      : Yes
Demos                   : Yes

* Play Information *

Game                    : DOOM 2
Map #                   : Maps 1-32
Single Player           : Designed for both Continuous & Pistol Start
Cooperative 2-4 Player  : Designed for with modern source ports in mind
Deathmatch 2-4 Player   : Designed for with modern source ports in mind
Difficulty Settings     : Yes

* Construction *

Base                    : New from scratch
Build Time              : August 28, 2009 - May 26, 2017
                          Developed as TNT2: Devilution Starting August 28, 2009
                          Developed as TNT: Revilution Starting February 19. 2014
                          Developed by Eris Falling Starting August 22, 2015
                          Developed by Jaws In Space Starting January 31, 2016
Editors used            : Doom Builder, Slade, Whacked
Known Bugs              : On Map 16 & Map 22 Arch-Viles can launch the player into
                          positions that can cause Vanilla to crash due to Visplanes.
                          Savegame overflow on 3, 10, 12, 17, 20, 21, 22, 24, 28, 29, 31
May Not Run With        : ?
Tested With             : Chocolate Doom, CRL, PRBoom, GZDoom, ZDAEMON
Map Information
Map 01: Uprising - SFoZ911
Map 02: Geothermal - AD_79
Map 03: Access Denied - Chris Hansen
Map 04: Blood Factory - Steve Duff
Map 05: Graveyard Shift - Jaws in Space
Map 06: Communications Relay - XenoNemesis, Kyka, dobu gabu maru, & Jaws In Space
Map 07: No Man's Station - cannonball
Map 08: Fortress of Bullets - sincity2100 & dobu gabu maru
Map 09: Bunker Complex - Whoo, Kyka, & Jaws In Space
Map 10: Underground Activity - Gothic & Kyka
Map 11: Pourriture - tourniquet
Map 12: Transduction - StupidBunny, Kyka, Megamur, & dobu gabu maru
Map 13: Hangman's Curse - Jaws in Space
Map 14: Abandoned Port - SteveD
Map 15: Nugake Zone - D_GARG & Jaws In Space
Map 16: Devil's Den - dobu gabu maru
Map 17: Spider Colony - purist
Map 18: Hell's Signs - Eternal
Map 19: The Crash Site - gaspe
Map 20: Portal Facility - Phobus
Map 21: Bloody Garden - Eradrop
Map 22: Pharaoh's Claim - Olympus, Kyka, & dobu gabu maru
Map 23: Desolation - Jaws in Space
Map 24: REDRUM - valkiriforce
Map 25: Malware - cannonball
Map 26: Revengineer - The Mionic Donut
Map 27: The Visage of Time - Tarnsman
Map 28: Superweapon Facility - Pinchy
Map 29: Across the Blood Sea - Eradrop
Map 30: Malignata - Obsidian & dobu gabu maru
Map 31: Anubis - valkiriforce
Map 32: Duality - Kyka & Jaws In Space

Midi's
Map 01: TiN Toker - Bucket
Map 02: Neato - Jeremy Doyle
Map 03: Trial aNd Terror Bucket
Map 04: Sea Bats - Viscra Maelstrom
Map 05: (Here Comes) The Night Train - Bucket
Map 06: Contempt (I Hate You) - Viscra Maelstrom
Map 07: Target NeuTralized - Bucket
Map 08: Crazy Castle Killer - Viscra Maelstrom
Map 09: Total NoThingness - Bucket
Map 10: Your Last Resort - Viscra Maelstrom
Map 11: Rushing Headlong - Jeremy Doyle
Map 12: Ionian Isolation - Eris Falling
Map 13: ThirteeNTh hour - Bucket
Map 14: Crawl - Jeremy Doyle
Map 15: Tell No Tales - Bucket
Map 16: Avec Vous - Viscra Maelstrom
Map 17: TaraNTulas - Bucket
Map 18: Reaching Deeper - Eris Falling
Map 19: ToNgue Tied - Bucket
Map 20: Hell's Furnace - Eris Falling
Map 21: Becoming a Machine - Eradrop
Map 22: TermiNate and Torture - Viscra Maelstrom
Map 23: REQ-JD10 - Jeremy Doyle
Map 24: The Arcane - Viscra Maelstrom
Map 25: And So, She Fell - Viscra Maelstrom
Map 26: God Ov Julenca - Viscra Maelstrom
Map 27: Grandfather Clocktower - Viscra Maelstrom
Map 28: TiNTinnabulation - Bucket
Map 29: Last Deep Breath - Eradrop
Map 30: Trampled uNderneaTh - Bucket
Map 31: Atmosphere - Eris Falling
Map 32: I Don't Want You To Leave (Regretful Edit) - Viscra Maelstrom
Title screen: Cataclysmic Impact - Viscra Maelstrom
Intermission screen: Darkest Hour - Eris Falling
Story text screen: The Revolution Continues - Eris Falling

Edited by Jaws In Space

There are a few missing textures on the back of the red key platform after the ledge revealing the exit is dropped.  I recommend just lowering the thing with the plasma to ground level.  It should get the job done.

Atmosphere and Regretful are misspelt in the midi section, also I'm not sure Szaila really needs crediting, she didn't make any actual textures, just concept art which I assume wasn't used for anything.

I'd like to be credited as Steve D on both my maps, to match the CWILVs. The revised Map14 is coming in a few minutes.

The final -- I hope! -- Map14 revisions. Get it here; http://www.mediafire.com/file/6868foxm38i44ih/TNTRev14ad.wad

The major changes in this version include making it more nonlinear. I noticed that if you did the secret area first and came in through the yellow door, you couldn't get into the Backpack area without going all the way back through the secret area, so I added an SR Open, Wait Close switch and made the switch in the Backpack area SR, Open, Stay. If you've already gone through the Backpack area, the new switch will seem weird since it does nothing at first, until the bars close. Some players might think that's permanent, but it seemed like the best solution.

The other big change was a real bummer, because I was able to get a VPO from the high Plasma Gun platform in CRL, and I crashed the game with a Visplane error in Choco Doom. That's the third time I've crashed the game from that area, so I had to suck it up and make that area inaccessible. I turned the lift going up there into a room with a cell charge pack with a door opened by a nearby switch, signaling to the player that this switch opens the door to the chamber that used to have a cell charge pack but now has the Plasma Gun. A good thing about this change is that the player now sees the PG through the window and has more incentive to hunt for the secret path.

Here's a screenie of the VPO:

Rev14b_zpswrflrrb8.jpg

I was able to break the seg limit from 2 different angles in the watery area. This is because I added ceiling detail and gradient lighting in the passage leading to the yellow door, and the new 2s lines can be seen through the window from outside. I didn't see a visible HOM when I checked this area in Choco Doom, but if somebody else does, I can put that area back to its original form or eliminate the window and use the recesses for some other detail. Here's a couple screenies so you know where to look;

Rev14a_zpsvab7lih5.jpg

Rev14_zpsux6vif79.jpg

Edited by Steve D

36 minutes ago, elderdragonbrasil said:

How TNT: Rev is going? I want to make a playthrough for the brazilian community with it. :)

We should be nearly done—only a handful of maps are left to fix. If you wait a couple weeks/month, you should have a shiny new /idgames release :)

On 2017-5-13 at 1:58 AM, dobu gabu maru said:

We should be nearly done—only a handful of maps are left to fix. If you wait a couple weeks/month, you should have a shiny new /idgames release :)

Nice! I'll be waiting :D

Edit:  Nevermind.  Looking forward to the release!

Edited by Psyrus

Just a quick addendum: could someone please add this to the end of the embedded DeHackEd patch before release?

[STRINGS]
OB_WOLFSS = %o died.

So the game doesn't tell you that you met a Nazi when your ass is handed to you by the plasma turrets.

That would be a huge improvement. With that said, I always hate those non-descript "Player died" messages. They (accidentally I assume) made it so being killed by the BFG in the newer Zandronum builds just say "Player died" and it's so uninformative/bland. Why not "%o was toasted by a plasma turret" or something?

[/minor, virtually pointless 2c]

10 hours ago, Doomkid said:

That would be a huge improvement. With that said, I always hate those non-descript "Player died" messages. They (accidentally I assume) made it so being killed by the BFG in the newer Zandronum builds just say "Player died" and it's so uninformative/bland. Why not "%o was toasted by a plasma turret" or something?

[/minor, virtually pointless 2c]

I see where you're coming from there and usually I'd agree, but considering the rocket turret has "%o died." as its obituary on account of it replacing something that can't normally kill you, I figured that the turret obituaries should match.

Ahh, that makes sense! Consistency is always good. I assume it replaces keen.. Really wish there was a death string for that!

Who is "Brendan" in the MIDI info? I suppose this means the music is available for reuse with permission?

//File rejected. Reason: Drama quotient not sustained.

You can't escape us that easily, Revilution—not after all we've been through. This so-called 'release' is little more than a facade that's bound by dust and desperation; a last-ditch attempt to escape the dungeon that bore you and gave your life meaning. You may think that you have found a way out, and that the sunlight will deliver you from your prison, but make no mistake. When you break bread with the Devil... it's forever!

*Kicks open a box of bugs and watches them scatter into the dark corners of the project*

Look, there! I'm not properly credited for MAP27! That should hold them back for a few hours. Quick, Marcaek, while there's still time!

EDIT: Curse confirmed.

Edited by Alfonzo : I am gloating.

just because revilution's soundtrack is better than devilution's doesn't mean you can oppress us alfonzo :(

Well Revilution keeps getting rejected for having unmodified patches. I'm a bit busy this weekend so I'll have to deal with this latter.