Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

TNT Revilution: Final release now on ID Games!

21 hours ago, FearTheReaper said:

I feel huge VIOS vibes from final level, so cool. ;p

Reveal hidden contents

Btw I think you aren't supposed to kill all these cubes they are just to distract your aim is that how it's supposed to work?

Also LOL at CAST screen, Siege Cow as Cyber-Demon? :D

yup. originally coined here by demon of the well. as i duly noted, that was how i called it long ago during lan games. so yeah, that's a siegecow.

Cheers on the final release. I played this WAD on Zdaemon TNS one day, and got in love with it totally! Will hopefully record some TNTR gameplay videos for YouTube in the future.

14 hours ago, FearTheReaper said:

So many troubles just for fixing it for idgames to make it run with TNT instead of Doom2, demon-spitter desperately fights for preserving his existence. ;p

Or it's just a classic case of bad management.

4 hours ago, elderdragonbrasil said:

To play the Wad, I need to use the DeHacked file? If yes, what I have to do to use it in GZDoom?

It should automatically work with GZDoom as it's also included in the wad. As long as you press tab and the automap name isn't the same as TNT's, then you're A-OK.

13 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

That changes somewhat in the second episode, perhaps that'll be more to your liking.

Still don't like the music much, I ended up loading Memento Mori's soundtrack after map14.

1 hour ago, cyan0s1s said:

Or it's just a classic case of bad management.

I just hope Devilution doesn't end the same way.

24 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

It should automatically work with GZDoom as it's also included in the wad. As long as you press tab and the automap name isn't the same as TNT's, then you're A-OK.

Nice to know, Sir! Thanks for the info :D

Well, I didn't like a single music piece from Doom, Doom2, MM, MM2 etc Only from STRAIN and Requiem, Alien Vendetta, PL2. This reminds me tracks from Evilution but in a way that is only comparable to Moonblood which isn't bad thing. ;p

8 hours ago, Gothic said:

I just hope Devilution doesn't end the same way.

Devilutions cleverly dodges all these problems by just not getting released. #lifehacks

You're not wrong, Gez! The release of Revilution is a watershed moment in the story of The New Technology. With the great contender finally kowtowing to destiny, a measly 8 years of development to its name — 5 of them borrowed — the path to greatness has been cleared. Devilution now soldiers bravely into the wastelands of development hell to become the most infamous project since the original of '96. Where one of the sequel hopefuls has brought dishonor to the franchise with a timely and competent release, the other is entering its third generation of elite mismanagement, like some twisted, delusional python shedding its standards in a meaningless search for self-acceptance. It is the true TNT2, and it will not be stopped — or uploaded to /idgames.

Rest well, Little Brother; we'll take it from here. For history favors the bold.

Edited by Alfonzo : I am a logophile.

You know I'm also working on a TNT sequel so actually, you're now up against me, and me alone. Which one will be never released first? I daresay this is a more interesting race.

Fantastic to see this released and I really hope everyone enjoys this. Congrats to all the team for getting this out of the door.

Now to prod other slow moving project. Ah crap that still includes me.....

Kudos for having worked to release the wad to a final(?) version. And it wasn't necessary to put that row of health bonuses to highlight the path to the red key in my map, whatever...

I hope this is final version. I remember years ago when I posted at Devilution thread, asking about when the new beta will be released, and people scolded at me and mods locked the thread.

map31 has some fights that are pretty unfair by design. Defeating the cyberdemon beyond the pyramid requires that the cyberdemon elect not to kill you while you charge down a long, tiny corridor with no room to dodge (I got lucky, a lot of people probably won't). The crusher sequence leading to the red key requires you either have the plasma gun or BFG already selected with a sufficient reserve of cells, or you face the choice of being killed by the mancubus that appears right in your face or being killed by the crushers while trying to retreat to a spot where you can dodge. Neither encounter is satisfying to beat because you win through luck in the first case and foreknowledge (and having previously played the map in a certain way so as not to burn all your cells) in the second, not through actually earning it.

10 hours ago, Alfonzo said:

Devilution now soldiers bravely into the wastelands of development hell to become the most infamous project since the original of '96

I do find it quite ironic that TNT2/TNTR/TNTD turned out to be just as controversial a project to create and release like the original TNT. Plutonia 2 took 8 years to come out and it did just fine. Why did poor TNT2 have to get the shaft? Oh, that's right, creative differences and infighting.

1 hour ago, elderdragonbrasil said:

Serious that are people fighting just because of mapping differences?

I mean, someone getting their maps cut or overhauled without their permission is a pretty big deal, as far as doom wads go. A few posts above you gaspe expresses irritation at health bonuses being added to his map (which have been subsequently removed), so imagine what it's like for several of your maps to vanish from a project. If you're interested in a little more history about the projects, I made a post about it here.

6 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

I mean, someone getting their maps cut or overhauled without their permission is a pretty big deal, as far as doom wads go. A few posts above you gaspe expresses irritation at health bonuses being added to his map (which have been subsequently removed), so imagine what it's like for several of your maps to vanish from a project. If you're interested in a little more history about the projects, I made a post about it here.

When you are saying "you", I can read "someone", right? Well, that's really bad. If anything has to be changed, I think the polite way is ask the mapper to do the changes, not the organizer.

8 hours ago, Woolie Wool said:

map31 has some fights that are pretty unfair by design. Defeating the cyberdemon beyond the pyramid requires that the cyberdemon elect not to kill you while you charge down a long, tiny corridor with no room to dodge (I got lucky, a lot of people probably won't). The crusher sequence leading to the red key requires you either have the plasma gun or BFG already selected with a sufficient reserve of cells, or you face the choice of being killed by the mancubus that appears right in your face or being killed by the crushers while trying to retreat to a spot where you can dodge. Neither encounter is satisfying to beat because you win through luck in the first case and foreknowledge (and having previously played the map in a certain way so as not to burn all your cells) in the second, not through actually earning it.

There are two other ways of getting into that room, so that isn't required to actually beat it. The debatable part is whether you want the safer strategy (for a player unlucky enough to first encounter the cyber that way) to involve a substantial detour. But not really unfair. 

Having a suitable weapon out while approaching what looks like it might be a dangerous trap is a fundamental part of Doom strategy. If not the PR, the chaingun will neutralize that manc well. Personally I don't find fighting the manc at near point blank with the SSG that harsh, but even for someone who hasn't practiced that, there's no real reason to have out anything but the CG or PR there anyway.

I am having trouble to find the last secret of Map 03. I have found 6 of 7 secrets. I find the shotgun in the first room, the blue armor (2), the soulsphere(3), the berserk pack(4), the chainsaw (5) and the backpack (6). 

There's a computer area map near the blue key room. 

Spoiler

tHEKiNJ.png

Q5uxR7I.png

It becomes accessible after you lower the blue key from the circular area. 

1 hour ago, elderdragonbrasil said:

I am having trouble to find the last secret of Map 03. I have found 6 of 7 secrets. I find the shotgun in the first room, the blue armor (2), the soulsphere(3), the berserk pack(4), the chainsaw (5) and the backpack (6). 

I'd say open the level up with GZDoom Builder and click on the magnifying glass. You then click on "sector effect" for the search type drop-down menu. After that, you type in "9" for the sector effect and it'll tell you where the secrets are located.

10 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I'd say open the level up with GZDoom Builder and click on the magnifying glass. You then click on "sector effect" for the search type drop-down menu. After that, you type in "9" for the sector effect and it'll tell you where the secrets are located.

That's actually very handy, thanks tim

I'll have to remember that 

10 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Thanks a lot!

Looks like everything is fine so far and this is indeed final version as dates from idgames link shows 2017-06-05 for TNTR.wad, 2017-06-02 for TNTR.txt and 2017-06-01 for TNTR.deh with both deh and txt showing 03 as date of created later than edited. ;p

EDIT. Good thing I invested only 4 maps of time before that post below... but that might be good idea to not rush things and still finish my current playthrough of Evilution before touching continuation more seriously.

Edited by FearTheReaper

Hey y'all, the update is live! This should be the *final* version, of course, assuming we caught all the bugs.

Download TNT:Revilution here

Special thanks to Gothic for doing all the DEHACKED work, and to anyone else that caught the bugs beforehand. The team put a lot of hours into this adventure, so I hope you guys enjoy all our hard work!

Here are some nifty pics of the project:

Spoiler

wDuVYtL.jpg

nH9n0dA.jpg

Dvm83Ny.jpg

okEACHw.jpg

7FsC49u.jpg

Q6eTtGf.jpg

d4mdTuZ.jpg

INLLOCK.jpg

qfOWmdl.jpg

6P3PCJQ.jpg

khCdSuX.jpg

KGJhIeu.jpg

JKB3OBQ.jpg

BWtwMJE.jpg

Edited by dobu gabu maru

So it is official now. Congratulations to everyone involved.

Now let's wait for TNT2 : TNT Harder.

5 hours ago, FearTheReaper said:

EDIT. Good thing I invested only 4 maps of time before that post below... but that might be good idea to not rush things and still finish my current playthrough of Evilution before touching continuation more seriously.

If you downloaded the version with the 2017-06-05 edit, then that's the most current one. The text and .deh files didn't need to be edited after their respective dates.