Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

TNT Revilution: Final release now on ID Games!

I'd recommend not using Brutal Doom on the last level, unless you want to break the DeHackEd over your knee. :/

Sorry to bother you, but map 16 is unplayable in coop multiplayer as the way is blocked of by a wall of torches. Unless I'm mistaken, I can't find a way to complete the map in coop.

It looks like an addition was made to it to keep players in the starting deathmatch arena, but it literally blocks progression off from the rest of the map for co-op players

The torches used to have the "Not cooperative" Boom flag (at least) in the version from 2017-06-05 which was masking the issue in boom-compat ports. The flag has since been removed in some subsequent release revealing the problem everywhere. Vanilla being the target, this approach was doomed from the start.

Finished whole thing yesterday. That was some mean and big thing to go through. Definitely had these old vibes from Icarus/Obituary/Evilution and tech-hell features some of the weirdest and unique maps to date definitely better than original, but on the contrary first 11 maps transmission and variety are rather tough and not so smooth to play, original Evilution did better to a point. After them maps 12-20 defined their on, Revilutionish atmosphere and here is when new visuals blends with old gameplay and atmosphere perfectly. That middle point, if someone drops after first 11 levels will definitely miss better 'core' of that journey to Malignata. ;p

Bonus levels were nice, while Anubis is cool with being complex but not too much I liked Duality more. ;p

Thing bugs in MAP17 deprive the player of a whole bunch of supplies, and one in MAP28 spares the newbie a little opposition.

Thing skill bugs can easily be found by my DMMPST tool, which was released last October. I highly recommend its use as a safety net to all mappers, so I don't have to describe your bugs on Doom Wiki some day. ;-)

If said supplies and monsters are not necessary for balanced gameplay, then that's not really a bug, is it? The fact that they technically exist in the editor doesn't mean the mapper ultimately intended for them to appear in the level.

But why place the items in the first place if they aren't supposed to show up on any difficulty?

I've done that before to "soft-remove" things, as in "i might want to restore this later so I'm not full-on deleting it yet." Could be that combined with forgetting to clean 'em up later.

One thing of note in map17 ("Spider Colony"): experience tells me that there should be a pool of brains decoration somewhere in the north, which I would have stopped to look at for a split second, halting my momentum just enough to miss the cluster of revenant rockets I ran into instead. The testers should have been more thorough. Hiccups like these aside, enjoyable mapset. 

Hey guys I just wanted to share something special with everyone who participated in the project. Within the past few hours Revilution reached over 2000 downloads from idgames, done just shy of the 1 year anniversary of release! I'm not sure what these numbers are based on, but if 100% accurate this makes Revilution the most downloaded wad & 2nd most downloaded file on the archive. I just want to give a very special thanks to everyone who made maps, graphics, music, playtested, & so much more for this project. Just as importantly I want to give a very big thanks to everyone who has downloaded & played Revilution so far, it means so much to me & everyone else on the Revilution team who put so much hard work & effort into making this wad the best it could possibly be.

cTklWP4.png

I think the numbers are only based on the new Downloads (Beta), as I know like, there's definitely been more people that have downloaded the classics over their 10-20 year history. Nevertheless, it's quite an accomplishment, and I hope people are satisfied with the final result.

Oh, don't be such a stick-in-the-mud, Tourn. That's my job.

Congratulations Revilution team. Thinking on it, I might go so far as to say that Revilution has perhaps had such a relatively wide appeal because it's filling a particular niche that's not as populated as common sense might assume it to be--it's a modernized take on an old-fashioned approach to the traditional megaWAD, reminiscent of your Memento Moris and Requiems and the like in an earnestly authentic yet personal way, which has rung more true to many than other WADs which more actively strive for an idealized "Classic" brand. There's a lesson somewhere in there, I'd warrant!

I really don't want be a party pooper, but...

DOOM0013.png.c13658948681b925bff31a1ba55679d4.png

Found this arachnotron completely stuck. Map 21, ultra-violence. 

EDIT: Good news, this is another case of galileo saw weird thing and rushed to report it, chapter 48. The arachnotron's initial placement isn't there, so I have no idea how it got stuck in the wall/lamp, maybe something else pushed it. On another side, I think I broke one of the secrets, somehow. With a quick godmode test, I tagged all of the secrets without problem. However, during my current actual playthrough, I can't figure which one I'm unable to tag, since I stepped on every single tagged sector like 5 times (according to iddt, DoomBuilder, the wiki) and still miss one. I could provide my savestate if that helps to solve the issue. There's also a plasma rifle on top of a pillar when you teleport in the square with imps and a shotgun, I could never figure how to grab it, not that it's significant given that there's another one free at a few meters. 

Edited by galileo31dos01

9 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

I really don't want be a party pooper, but...

1. Arachnotron Walked into a teleporter.

2. Here is your problem Secret. If you already grabbed the yellow key you missed out on getting the secret due to the effect of lindef action 37.

IUKlVXI.png

3. This switch in the lift lowers the Plasma Gun.

eJq53BH.png

I found something in map 28:

DOOM0021.png.85c537c8920ccbe1a4a0a92f5a4b6e89.png

These three spectres seemed to had troubles to teleport out. Originally there are four in that closet, I'm assuming they're supposed to spawn in the room with the YK, along with more spectres.  

19 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

These three spectres seemed to had troubles to teleport out. Originally there are four in that closet, I'm assuming they're supposed to spawn in the room with the YK, along with more spectres.  

There's only 3 on UV, so nothing teleported out of the room, along with the 3 lost souls in the closet next to them. The linedef to release these guys is located up on the platforming section.

MgXRPOc.png

On 5/31/2018 at 7:20 PM, Jaws In Space said:

Here is your problem Secret. If you already grabbed the yellow key you missed out on getting the secret due to the effect of lindef action 37.

IUKlVXI.png

This switch in the lift lowers the Plasma Gun.

eJq53BH.png

Hey, just trying to figure out why secret 6 is not registering, does this mean that only 5 secrets are possible on Map 21?

2 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

Hey, just trying to figure out why secret 6 is not registering, does this mean that only 5 secrets are possible on Map 21?

All 6 are possible to obtain, but you must reach the secret in the top image before grabbing the yellow key.

11 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

All 6 are possible to obtain, but you must reach the secret in the top image before grabbing the yellow key.

Yeah I tried that method but it wouldn't trigger, so It must be the wrong line I'm walking over?

51 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

Yeah I tried that method but it wouldn't trigger, so It must be the wrong line I'm walking over?

Doesn't matter what line you walk over, you just need to touch the secret sector in order for it to be counted. I just played this a minute ago using PRBoom & was able to get 100% secrets.

Unfortunately, if you've already grabbed the yellow key it's impossible to get that secret unless you start over. I was confused by this in my playthrough at first but I learned the hard way it's because the floors that lower after grabbing the yellow key cause them to change texture and effect, which includes the secret you're speaking of. So it will no longer register as a secret unless you start from scratch. Just make sure you enter the secret room *before* going for the yellow key since it will lose its secret effect afterward.

1 hour ago, valkiriforce said:

Unfortunately, if you've already grabbed the yellow key it's impossible to get that secret unless you start over. I was confused by this in my playthrough at first but I learned the hard way it's because the floors that lower after grabbing the yellow key cause them to change texture and effect, which includes the secret you're speaking of. So it will no longer register as a secret unless you start from scratch. Just make sure you enter the secret room *before* going for the yellow key since it will lose its secret effect afterward.

Yeah I understand that part, but I too played from start and still couldn't trigger it. I'll give it another go now.

@Jaws In Space Hey, just making you aware that Map 23 has a broken teleporter making a Revenant not able to teleport into the area that you designed.

This is caused by the wall that is supposed to open not having a tag to activate.

Spoiler

Bug.jpg.da4c4fe79029607746b42ba2ffd9cf18.jpg

2 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

@Jaws In Space Hey, just making you aware that Map 23 has a broken teleporter making a Revenant not able to teleport into the area that you designed.

This is caused by the wall that is supposed to open not having a tag to activate.

That Revenant is behind a door, open it to let him out.