Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

TNT Revilution: Final release now on ID Games!

Congratulations to Jaws, Dobu, Eris, and all the rest of the team. It's a cool set and a worthy successor to the motley adventure that was the original, and I'm proud to have been involved, even if only in a small way.

Playing through the maps and noticing a lot of cool new textures(rearranged from old ones, but still good). Are they from the original TNT or what's the deal? 

Any chance of a wad with only the new textures being released for others to use maybe ?

Or maybe they are already uploaded somewhere ?

I'm sure the current texture pack is still a mess, because there are still missing textures from TNT that Jaws deleted, but since nobody used these, the maps are unaffected.

If I'm not mistaken, most of the textures can be found on the Realm667 repository.

On 5/29/2017 at 6:34 PM, JohnnyTheWolf said:

Awesome!

Are there plans for a widescreen status bar, though?

GZDoom lets you scale up your status bar in the scaling options.

I applaud the amount of effort that's gone into this and am definitely going to be giving this a go as soon as I get back into Doom.

But then it also consumes more screen space. :P

Anyway, it's not wrong. Widescreen statusbars are not really necessary any more.

I wanted to add a widescreen status bar, but it looked bad on Doom Retro, and it didn't made any difference on PRboom.

2 hours ago, dobu gabu maru said:

If you downloaded the version with the 2017-06-05 edit, then that's the most current one. The text and .deh files didn't need to be edited after their respective dates.

The one I downloaded just now from the idgames link has a 6/04 edit (around 7pm) for TNTR.wad, which the version I downloaded last night also had. Is there supposed to be one with a 6/05 modified date for the WAD file inside the zip?

Congrats on completing this epic project too!

55 minutes ago, PsychoGoatee said:

The one I downloaded just now from the idgames link has a 6/04 edit (around 7pm) for TNTR.wad, which the version I downloaded last night also had. Is there supposed to be one with a 6/05 modified date for the WAD file inside the zip?

And does that one have the OB_WOLFSS string restored to the dehacked?

Edit: looking back through the thread, I saw that that obit string 'makes whacked crash when saving'. Does it make specific ports crash?

Edited by EffinghamHuffnagel

26 minutes ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

And does that one have the OB_WOLFSS string restored to the dehacked?

Edit: looking back through the thread, I saw that that obit string 'makes whacked crash when saving'. Does it make specific ports crash?

No, Whacked is not a port.

1 hour ago, PsychoGoatee said:

Is there supposed to be one with a 6/05 modified date for the WAD file inside the zip?

As long as the file is 6/04 or 6/05, you'll be good.

2 hours ago, Gothic said:

No, Whacked is not a port.

Yes, I know Whacked is not a port. Since that obit string could have been added to the internal dehacked in Slade, I was wondering if it was left out because it also caused some ports to crash; if there was something weird about that specific string.

It didn't do any harm to any port, but I ended removing it anyways. I should have added a LANGUAGE lump fixing that string but it's too late now. Oh well.

After finishing a map, I'll play this mapset in it's entirety and have some fun...

2 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Yes, I know Whacked is not a port. Since that obit string could have been added to the internal dehacked in Slade, I was wondering if it was left out because it also caused some ports to crash; if there was something weird about that specific string.

The obituary is for ports that can support it (mostly ZDoom derivatives, but there may be others): WhackEd will crash if you open the patch, but all you need to do is delete the line in Notepad and it'll be up and running again. The external patch doesn't need it though on account of it being purely for vanilla compatibility, so you're better off opening that.

I figured as much  it's the same file when loading savegame didn't bombed me out to desktop with wrong game version message. Still, I'm using Crispy Doom for this as normal Choco lacks any alt hud for widescreen view, plus these colored status bar numbers are useful. I see status bar is variation of earlier tested one since Devilution split, to look like displayers/panel glass. ;p

17 hours ago, dobu gabu maru said:

Hey y'all, the update is live! This should be the *final* version, of course, assuming we caught all the bugs.

Download TNT:Revilution here

Special thanks to Gothic for doing all the DEHACKED work, and to anyone else that caught the bugs beforehand. The team put a lot of hours into this adventure, so I hope you guys enjoy all our hard work!

Here are some nifty pics of the project:

Reveal hidden contents

wDuVYtL.jpg

nH9n0dA.jpg

Dvm83Ny.jpg

okEACHw.jpg

7FsC49u.jpg

Q6eTtGf.jpg

d4mdTuZ.jpg

INLLOCK.jpg

qfOWmdl.jpg

6P3PCJQ.jpg

khCdSuX.jpg

KGJhIeu.jpg

JKB3OBQ.jpg

BWtwMJE.jpg

thumbs up for the official release!

i have followed discussion only loosely since the club played an unfinished version, now i'm curious to see how it turned out.

There's a weird bug in MAP07. Line #1143 has a floor donut action on tag 0. Now people generally won't discover that because it's just the edge of a step. But if they accidentally press space while climbing the stairs, the level warps strangely. (Also, sector #84 is tagged when it shouldn't be. The time I wasted trying to find the "secret" that was opened along with the lowering of the platform, because I heard these clunk sounds that stopped sooner than the platform's...)

3 hours ago, Gez said:

There's a weird bug in MAP07.

Ah, damn. Jaws is still project lead so I defer all coordination & judgment to him, but my personal stance is not to update the wad until there's an egregious game-breaking bug, or enough of them that it warrants an update (I'm mainly stating this to tell folks not to worry about waiting for a final2.0 update). Thanks for taking note of it!

5 hours ago, dobu gabu maru said:

an egregious game-breaking bug.

91Vj5cl.png

Literally unplayable.

Changing this (and adding a LANGUAGE lump) won't affect your saves on chocodoom or gzdoom, so a sneaky update wouldn't be that bad (not sure about demos though). Also this only gets noticed on gzdoom.

Edited by Gothic

Moar bugs, this time in MAP14: the secret blue area that led to the western balcony of the starting room no longer leads there. There are a few problems with that.

• with mouselook, you can see the lack of texture  where the connecting sector was removed, look here behind the crosshair: https://i.imgur.com/G1wLyH4.png
  • that makes it a secret you can't reach in normal conditions, because there's no way to go to sector #92 (still marked secret) without flying or noclipping
  • line #2313 still has a "lift" effect that doesn't work anymore, but if you trigger it you still hear "clunk" sounds and it's weird

I played the first 14 maps and it's pretty good so far but damn map 3 and map 4 were hard for earlier maps of a TNT mapset.

I like the "kill us" door and I wonder why we don't see that kind of textures more often in doom wads because it's a nice touch imo (kinda like the corridor before the TP room to hell in Doom 3).

I'm currently playing at map 16 with Complex Doom+LCA and I'm having a blast with this mapset. The music is also really good. The maps are not hard to navigate, so it's hard to get lost. That "KILL US" door texture is a nice addition and it was the first thing that caught my attention...This mapset is a serious candidate for a cacoward. Great job for the people who contributed in this mapset!!!