Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
terminus12

Chocolate doom league?

This is for NA players only unfortunately.

I just want to pitch this idea and see the interest level. Is anyone interested in a dueling league for chocolate doom? Nothing real huge or anything but just like a round robin for seeding then a tournament. Depending on the amount of players I was thinking people would play a game each week (maybe 2) and it would go over the course of a few weeks and then on an agreed upon weekend or something we'd all get in IRC and have the tournament.

We can tweak the rules later I'm just curious as to how many people would sign up.

Even though I'm in AU id be happy to play if we can use that -dup command to cut the frames in half ;)

I'm curious to see of there's interest for this around. I'm sure there are a few fringe OS deathmatchers around the world who'd love to, but the ping is the big obstacle here. Duelpak.wad probably has any map you could want to use in it!

I really do hope some people take you up on this, I'd love to watch the demos afterward.

(This should be played on dwango12map12, I swear that's the best entryway remake there is)

We'll run some tests to see if it is feasible :). If it is I'll open it up to anyone but for now I figured just NA cause pings would be too high otherwise. Also I was hoping to use a variety of wads, new and old!

Good news, terminus12! There's another player in #dmstuff who's big into vanilla who goes by MadDog. We had some duels using -dup 2 and it was frankly awesome to play. good duels with a ping of 220, connecting from AU to Cali. I couldn't believe it, but it was damn good.

Hopefully some of you out there want to get in on the old school DM, feel free to join in!

ports like chocolate-doom really needs a launcher that let the lobby host, and only the lobby host, handle the game settings for everyone. currently, the lobby settings is still messy, although easy.

hoping to see the latest iteration of Doom Connector get a very wide range of port support, like the old one! I still feel it was the best all-purpose MP launcher and interface.

MadDog said:

Hey Terminus, where'd you go! :O

I'm still around I'll be on irc later tonight. I'm more the weekend warrior type cause school during the week takes up most of my time but we just got on Easter break so I'll have extra time.

DemonSphere said:

Hi, I'd be interested in this, what maps do you think would be played?

We play many of the common duel maps from Duel40 on a relatively regular basis, as well as a few other outlying maps, but we're all open to suggestions!