Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

FineBros falling flat on their faces on ReactWorld BS

tl;dr version = "Come prostrate yourselves before the Altar of Fine, or else someone will rip off your work and you'll never amount to anything!"

If that sounds suspiciously like the corporate branding version of a mob protection racket, that's because it is.

I think this is the future of Youtube. Hubs that are easily modded for content by people who are not actually on the Google payroll. Youtube is bleeding Google and their recent automatic copyright flagging system has gone haywire. We might come to a time when we essentially have segregated "(tv) stations" to upload themed content to. This as pretty much happened already to Let's Plays and gaming channels to protect themselves from Nintendo and Sega stamping them out.

The wild west times of the net are truly coming to a close.

Just have to echo Technician here, this kind of crap has been a long time coming. I'll just continue to not watch or support them in any way whatsoever.

I actually JUST did a video on this for my FaceBook fanpage (I also do youtube shit, but leave this sort of stuff for the fb page these days), and this is really the dumbest money grab idea I've heard in a while.

All they are trying to do is self impose a proprietary monopoly over certain types of content so they can "own" those conceptual ideas and full say over what any other content creator can do with what that point will be...their intellectual property, by legal definition.

This is fucking retarded. It offers NO gain for the audience, and no gain for other content makers like myself at all. In fact it puts people like myself completely into the toilet more than we are right now because unless you're making millions of hits regularly, YouTube doesn't want to acknowledge you enough to help promote you. I review obscure and overlooked metal albums, like fuck these guys would ever bother to help me out by my creating a "react" video to some random shit. And the ARROGANCE to say that anyone will be remembering these guy's videos 100 years from now is insane. YouTube is really hurting right now from people like Fine Bros because they always stuff like that ends up dismally failing and makes people less and less interested in the site. In 10 years alone, the site will be lucky to still be around in all honesty.

"DONT SUPPORT OTHER CONTENT CREATORS THAT WANT TO DO SOMETHING EVEN REMOTELY SIMILAR TO WHAT WE DO". Fuck yourselves. That attitude is the LAST possible thing that independent entertainment media needs right now. It's hard enough to be taken seriously as it is in our position, please stop making it worse because you want to grab at every possible penny you can. Jesus.

What shocks me is how something so fucking lazy such as a reaction series actually got popular in the first place. "People you don't know react to shit you don't care about!" Where's the appeal?

Also they look like a stereotypical pair of malnourished shekel-chasers. Why am I not surprised.

BaronOfStuff said:

Also they look like a stereotypical pair of malnourished shekel-chasers. Why am I not surprised.

I had to look up what shekel even meant and apparently it's Israeli currency, but I had a gut feeling this comment was supposed to be anti-semitic in some way. How classy of you.

GeckoYamori said:

I had to look up what shekel even meant and apparently it's Israeli currency, but I had a gut feeling this comment was supposed to be anti-semitic in some way. How classy of you.

Because I point out that they even look like the stereotype, that's somehow anti-semitic?

Okay.

I actually iked the some of the react videos, as they occasionally offered some insight and information on various topics. I tended to like the Elders ones, to see what that demographic thought of current trends. I don't really care about the opinions, I'm just interested in order to have some information in the back of my head.

However, whatever this ReactWorld thing is, it sounds awful. Looks awful. Smells awful.

Sounds like more IP grabbing/corpritization of a popular money making subject. So long as people are super up in arms about it and no one dumps billions of dollars into the pockets of judges (Sony, I'm looking at you) I doubt there's much to fear.

I don't know why people are so bent out of shape about the kind of content that gets posted on a corporate owned website. Yes, it's branded 'You' Tube, but IP laws and copyright infringement is still enforced with draconian zeal and anything that pokes the sleeping bears tends to get taken down quite fast (reference Nintendo).

Naivety is bliss, but sooner or later someone will figure out how to legitimately and legally capitalize on some popular craze and hoover up all that delicious ad revenue. I'm not saying it's justified, right, or moral but history has shown that the masses are rather poor at defending what should be common heritage from those with a monetary incentive to control said resource. Not without strong, strong backing from a government.

Make of that what you will, but I just see someone trying to grab up a slice of the pie, like any other business should. Even if I find it reprehensible, it's just business.

Watching their channel fall faster than a virtual Hindenburg is pretty fun.
And they really do deserve every ounce of what they're getting.
I just wonder if they'll actually learn from this, and back off, or if they're just that dense.

This only affects cancerous channels with reaction videos, so I'm all for it just to see the drama unfold

Response seems over the top to be honest. I've enjoyed the react videos for a while and they seem like decent enough people.

BaronOfStuff said:

Can you make your point without being anti-semitic? This isn't 4chan.

BaronOfStuff said:

Because I point out that they even look like the stereotype, that's somehow anti-semitic?

Uh, yes?

Archfiends video reminded me of how much I miss old Archfiend style videos lol.

Here's my take on the entire issue:

As of posting this, they've been losing close to 151,000 subscribers per DAY and have decided to pull back on the entire idea of this React World shit. Skeptical right now if they'll follow through on giving it up considering they were so gungfuckingho to roll it out in the first place.

Never heard of these "Fine Bros" people until I notice Alphaomegasin's video mentioning them a couple of days ago.

Glaice said:

Archfiend's thoughts on this

Whoa I didn't know he was still around.

If you want an explanation of the issue WITHOUT the grandstanding and inflated self-importance of the average YouTuber, maybe try this video.

The Fine brothers don't understand that there's a difference between ripping off a brand and simply being competition in a particular format. In the example above: imagine if Ana Kasparian turned on the TV, saw people commenting on news items, and accused them of ripping off "her" format (which she neither invented nor pioneered). So she copyrights some words of the English language and demands a cut every time someone makes a video about the news, which would largely be used to squash competition. She also offers protection under the Kasparian umbrella if she's allowed to slap her face onto everything you do.

This is nothing new. You know what I should do? I should patent this mob protection racket process and copyright the word "family".