Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Britney_Is_King

Votekick trolls.

Hello everyone,

I've got a question. This started happening to me yesterday, and the day before that which was 1/29/16. Some trolls have been coming to this server that I play on regularly, and they start telefragging people, and shooting them with BFGs. Then, they get another player to kick us out and reasons are always because: A) Racism B) Being A Troll C) Or just because. So basically they pin the blame on us and kick us out. Later, when you're able to return, they disappear. It's been happening a lot, and I'm not sure what to do. A few of my friends were kicked and banned from the server, and when I called a vote to a troll that was just shooting us with BFGs, the vote failed. When THEY called the vote, (There were 8 people in the server), 4 votes passed on YES, and I was banned. I've tried contacting the server master and he hasn't respond and it's just really irritating and sad. Is there anything else I can do, do you think?

Thanks to all who answer. -Brit

If you're contacting the server host and they aren't responding, that's a bad host. If the server is on Best Ever, try #bestever on irc or if it's TPSG, #tspg-britsteel or #tspg-painkiller. Otherwise contact the Masterserver staff: Mifu, TheToxicAvenger or Watakid, last I checked.

Hello,

I was meaning to post in here for a bit but i forgot :(

Britney_Is_King: Yea i know those feels. Its really shit. If the server host does not respond though then it mean that server is not worth playing on.

If this was hosted in TSPG or BestEver then those IRC channels Marcaek mentioned is the place to go. The admins there are normally active and will curb stomp morons like that.

I hope this helps buddy. If need be you can also use TSPG or Bestever to host your own server, that way you have rcon and can prevent this from happening also. Just throwing it out there :)

Using an automated server hosting solution such as TSPG or BE is definitely the way to go. You can create a config any way you want and upload it to the site so you can use in the future easily. Not only will you have control over the server, but you can also disable things like voting entirely so you won't get trolled out of your own server. You don't have to settle for awful servers controlled by idiots with room temperature IQ.

Agreed- if you've never tried hosting a server via a service like BE before it can be a little confusing at first, but get a simple IRC (or use your current one if you have one) and it's a piece of cake once you read a bit!

I was once playing on a US server along with other non-US players for hours, then later on someone from the US comes on and immediately calls a votekick for me since my ping was around 200+ and succeeded. I don't think this can be considered votekick trolling but it's not as if my ping would greatly affect the game, especially after how well I was playing despite the high ping.

That crap has also happened to me in the past - it's idiots who don't get how the client/server architecture works, they think your ping somehow effects them when it doesn't at all.

Another easy way to get kicked for no reason is to call yourself "BitchTits" or something like that and see how many blames will you recieve even when you do nothing :P .

I got booted from a brutal doom game for 'being mexican spic'. I figured it was just some assholes who thought i was mexican due to my username (EJO) but I guess it's a bigger problem. I mailed the server admin and he responded quickly enough saying he'd look into it when he gets back, but i notice his server is usually empty now. I had seen others getting vote kicked off every time i play so I guess there's just a group of players doing this for fun.