Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rdwpa

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Community project idea: WOOOO, but for Doom midis.

There was talk in January's megawad club of the acts of sonic buttrape perpetrated by Erkattanne's soundtrack, and I was wondering how bad Doom music could truly be, and so I produced these abominations today, fooling around.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ob37h2l0now42v/terrible1.mid
http://www.mediafire.com/download/93ov8rjcpys7gh9/terrible2.mid

Anyway, if you feel like contributing, express interest.

Details will be ironed out. Odds are there'll be a guideline of submissions actually making an attempt to resemble actual music (i.e., more like "terrible1.mid" than "terrible2.mid").

What midi editor are you using? I used to compose midis with cakewalk 9, a very old version, but since I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled everything I can't get it to work.

joe-ilya said:

But WOOO has WOOO quality MIDIs already, this is useless.

Cool man, it's not meant to complement WOOO -- it's a standalone project.

nicolas monti said:

What midi editor are you using? I used to compose midis with cakewalk 9, a very old version, but since I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled everything I can't get it to work.

Mine is basically inaccessible at this point, very legacy. Anvil Studio should work fine. People also seem to recommend Sekaiju a lot.

What kind of bad do you want? Super chessy or like plain bad (with notes out of the scale, drums in worng tempo, etc), or both? lol

...looks at the thread title...

OH. I see what you did there. But was making it so goddamn long really necessary?

don't really think this is the sort of thing that would make an entertaining project. I've done my fair share of scribbling around in midi editors for shits and giggles, but I'm doubtful these sorts of things are amusing to anyone except the author :p