Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sleepii

Bethesda's E3 2016 Showcase announcement poster

spoiler: has a cac00oooodemon on it

and judging by the Doom release date leaked for June 30th by Amazon, Doom could make one final E3 appearance before its release

More gameplay demos? Beta? what do you guys think will be shown at this E3

Considering the game's supposed to be coming out sometime around April, I'd say that they either just threw them on the poster for recognition, or they might show off some DLC.

id and publisher has been kinda touting about release time being spring 2016, so I think it would be weird if it released in June. June isn't really considered to be part of spring anymore so there's also that..

The Civ said:

Considering the game's supposed to be coming out sometime around April, I'd say that they either just threw them on the poster for recognition, or they might show off some DLC.

where did you hear april?

Supposebly people who have pre-ordered it in steam, have seen the ETA to be april of 2016.

It's not exactly uncommon for companies to hold events for games that have recently been released.

I suspect that if Doom 4 does release in April, E3 2016 is probably a DLC announcement or something.

Marnetmar said:

It's not exactly uncommon for companies to hold events for games that have recently been released.

I suspect that if Doom 4 does release in April, E3 2016 is probably a DLC announcement or something.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Newsflash everyone: this picture is old. I remember seeing it way before Bethesda announced the current DOOM4 version.

quakke said:

Supposebly

...aaaand here's where you should stop believing and spreading this stuff.

Is this the poster you're referring to BTW OP?

If so, it has characters from all their major franchises on it.

AirRaid said:

...aaaand here's where you should stop believing and spreading this stuff.

Is this the poster you're referring to BTW OP?

[url]http://i.imgur.com/4qEbddj

If so, it has characters from all their major franchises on it.

But id and Beth have been going on about "releaase, spring 2016". So why it couldn't be legitmate info then, especially since I have read from more than one person already saying so?

Your image linking skills are terrible. If you're trying to link an image and the url ends in something other than a filename you might need to up it to a hosting site like imgur first. Hotlinking something directly off twitter isn't always going to work.

I fixed it for you.

AirRaid said:

Your image linking skills are terrible. If you're trying to link an image and the url ends in something other than a filename you might need to up it to a hosting site like imgur first. Hotlinking something directly off twitter isn't always going to work.

I fixed it for you.

It showed up on my screen when I previewed it and then when I view the thread...

I recognize the Doom Marine, Corvo, robit from Fallout 4, Cacodemon, ???, monster from Evil Within, power armor from Fallout 4, and the Skyrim guy
Is the one in the middle a rifleman from the original Doom? Why does he have a knife? Or is he suppose to be Dick from Rogue Warrior?

Touchdown said:

Newsflash everyone: this picture is old. I remember seeing it way before Bethesda announced the current DOOM4 version.

So...

You remember seeing a promotion for E3 2016 three years before the event was to take place? Man, Bethesda sure are timely.

wheresthebeef said:

I recognize the Doom Marine, Corvo, robit from Fallout 4, Cacodemon, ???, monster from Evil Within, power armor from Fallout 4, and the Skyrim guy
Is the one in the middle a rifleman from the original Doom? Why does he have a knife? Or is he suppose to be Dick from Rogue Warrior?

Thats BJ

DMPhobos said:

Im gonna assume that this is a sign that the game is gonna get delayed

Skyrim and Evil Within are in there, unless they are remastering Skyrim and releasing an Evil Within gold edition with all the DLC, the poster just shows some of their IP's

They also don't have that one sword fighting game pictured, but I'm sure that will get shown off.

Seriously, you guys will get worried about anything. This is just "these are things from some games we do", and is almost certainly not related to actual presentation content in any meaningful way.

Marnetmar said:

So...

You remember seeing a promotion for E3 2016 three years before the event was to take place? Man, Bethesda sure are timely.

It's hard to understand I meant the 'characters in front of the arcade machine' and not this particular image promoting E3, isn't it?

Touchdown said:

It's hard to understand I meant the 'characters in front of the arcade machine' and not this particular image promoting E3, isn't it?

Actually yes, considering that you said absolutely nothing that would imply that.

The thing is people assumed this picture teases DOOM content on E3 just because it has some DOOM characters in it. My post was a response to that, basically saying that it's not a new picture and subsequently it's not a tease of what's going to be presented at E3. Just a Bethesda-themed thingy.

Well since the game was said to be coming out in "spring", this would be a bit of a bummer if we were still being given more info about the game in June.

It could still be April for release. That poster has the skyrim character in it, doubt they'd announce skyrim at e3 2016.

IMX said:

So...May 13, huh?

What are they going to show in June, then?

DLC/Expansion maybe? They said they wanted to support the game long after its initial release.