Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

Post Your Opinions About Doom (Whether Controversial or Not)

Shanoa said:

Hmm...i guess my most "controversial" opinion would be that i prefer the music in the SNES port over any other ports.

I prefer the Jaguar Doom music :D
cuz... cuz no music.
HILARIOUS AND ORIGINAL

Piper Maru said:

I don't approve of the Doomguys belly shirt.

I think it was explained to me that it wasn't a belly shirt deal, but like, a demon had ripped that part of his armor off on the cover art.
I could be wrong however.

Doom 2 is overall better than Doom.

The Wolfenstein levels were great secret levels.

The Icon Of Sin is an ambitous boss, and anyone saying that it's just a wall texture lacks imagination.

Doomkid said:

the saw was totally worth including despite it's uselessness. It's great for how memorable it is.

And it's also not really useless against low-tier enemies in Doom's E1 and mapsets similar to it in terms of monster placement but with fewer ammo.

Fonze said:

The chainsaw was more useful back in the 90's.

Ahh, the good times, somewhere between 1994 and 1995, where EVERY PWAD included a mandatory "chainsaw massacre scene". You totally didn't expect that picking up that chainsaw in the corner of a room would release some 100 pinkies (sometimes, spectres) which you'd have to chainsaw one by one.

It was quite sweet to see the framerate slightly picking up again as you killed them *grin*

Jaxxoon R said:

Noooooope! No there is, just not in the levels.

DAMN, i've been defeated.
controversial opinion, Hm? Personally i think the chaingunners are perfectly viable enemies, and if you can't deal with them, git gud m8.

scifista42 said:

And it's also not really useless against low-tier enemies in Doom's E1 and mapsets similar to it in terms of monster placement but with fewer ammo.

Every now and than I like to do a chainsaw/shotgun run, I refer to it as The Evil Dead challenge. Makes for an interesting experience.

Slaughtermaps are ruining Doom. The other day I played a map, and early on, there were eight revenants packed into a 1024x1024 room! People equate more monsters to more fun but slaughterfest gameplay is just dull. I grabbed the overpowered SSG the mapper couldn't wait to hand out like candy but it took five minutes to get past this room. The map wasn't very challenging because I could just reload my save game until I got through; it was just tedious. What happened to the good old days when Doom was about blasting imps with your shotgun?

Well thank God so am I so that I can continue to enjoy it knowing that it's on my level.

rdwpa said:

Slaughtermaps are ruining Doom... What happened to the good old days when Doom was about blasting imps with your shotgun?

There are maps from the Maximum Doom section of Master Levels--a 21-year-old release by the way--that have enough enemy spamming to fall under the slaughter map label. Let's not pretend this is a new issue.

Don't know if this can be considered "controversial" but...
E4M2: Perfect Hatred is just version 2 of Map 29: The living End.

Icytux said:

The SSG ruined dooms gameplay since doom2 was released. Shit weapon for a shit sequel.

And the only new weapon they could think of until Doom64 came along. That's, what, like 3-4 sequels after! Really a shitty cobbling-together job.

I'm not interested in the console versions of Doom at all. I think the only reason people like them is pure nostalgia, and they might as well not exist for all I care. The only thing I like is the 3D0 soundtrack which is actually quite good and by far the best thing about that port. Or any of them. Aubrey who? Never heard of him.