Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Id Software turns 25! Picture of the developers.

Thought it would be a cool idea to show who the people who are making the game are. It also confirms that the game is still coming in Spring.

"Thanks to all our fans for celebrating our 25th today! Our thank you card will be shipping this spring!"

They have what, 4,5 months before Summer? Where's the exact date then? It'll also take forever for the console certification process so the finish line should be even closer. If they don't have a date right now, they're not shipping in Spring.

By the way, I don't recognize ANYONE in that picture. Not even people that I should be able to recognize.

Kevin Cloud and Tim Willits are the only people who worked on the originals and are still working at the company. There are also a few Quake-era developers.

Touchdown said:

By the way, I don't recognize ANYONE in that picture. Not even people that I should be able to recognize.

Me neither. I can't even see Cloud or Willits. I guess they were taking the photo.

I actually find this depressing because barely any of the original members are even present. It would be great if the original members did get together for their own celebration but even that isn't likely to ever happen.

Compare with 25 years ago:

On today's pic, they're wearing pants, which is a blatant betrayal of the company's founding principles.

DoomUK said:

I can't even see Cloud or Willits.

I think Willits is the 4th person from the left in the 2nd row. The one between the 3rd and 4th persons from the left in the first row.

I'm more interested in that guy with the eyepatch. Is he a pirate, or the lost son of Big Boss? The world shall never know.

Jaxxoon R said:

I'm more interested in that guy with the eyepatch. Is he a pirate, or the lost son of Big Boss? The world shall never know.

LA LI LU LE LO!!!

scifista42 said:

I think Willits is the 4th person from the left in the 2nd row. The one between the 3rd and 4th persons from the left in the first row.

Correct. And Kevin is in there as well up top on the left. Myself and sponge are hiding up top in the back.

Looks bright out. Is Donna in there? That GI article surprised me by mentioning that she still worked there. I figured that she was long gone.

It's like going back to your old home town and seeing the old corner shop is now a huge multiplex supermarket. I don't mean that in a bad way mind you, it's just a similar feeling.

SyncError said:

Correct. And Kevin is in there as well up top on the left. Myself and sponge are hiding up top in the back.

http://i.imgur.com/NhaVQOA.jpg

After hearing Sponge's voice so many times, and having him dodge my questions on the new game, it's cool to actually see him.

SyncError said:

Aha! Well I'll be... so that's why you beat me to posting about Conan. You're lucky I hesitated to consider if it was true or not (heh). Don't mind the haters (Some people think this game is actually pretty neat).

Hey... you guys planning on making a dev commentary some 10 years from now like the Ratchet devs did? :p