Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FTM

New Doom trailer in Facebook page

:o thought it was planned to be released this March .. okay then , more waiting time :/ .
EDIT : the baron looks closer to the classic one, in a Bad way though .

So they made good on their promise of a Q2 2016 release date...

Indeed, 2016 will be a great year for gaming.

Looks more colorful and cartoony than before, in a good way. Also notice how the plasma coming out of the plasma rifle has been reworked to look more like the original.

Buckshot said:

Bah. searched high and low for collectors edition preorders. Noone has them listed yet :(

I WANT ONE. YESTERDAY!

Trailer doesn't do much for me... I hope they release a proper 3-4 min trailer with a little narrative, cutscenes, anything.

Also, I don't know if it's just me but the melee/fatality animations are not fluid enough. It looks like they didn't animate enough frames. I don't know if that was a design choice or sloppy animation work.

Not a big fan of the baron of hell either. What's with the small, chickpea eyes? Looks silly to me.

pro_zealot said:

No glowing bodies? - nice :)

Wow, that's a good observation. If those really were removed, I wonder how we'll know if an enemy can be executed...

Could just be a trailer thing though.

The chaingun appears to have blue muzzle flashes (at least in its turret mode), nice nod to the Doom64 Chaingun.

Now we just need the shotgun or the pistol to have red muzzle flashes like in the PC DOS version for the circle to be complete :P

The Combat Shotgun (the regular one, not the SSG) also appears to have been given a design upgrade.

Judging by the focus shots on the tower and going up into it with the clouds at the top, it seems like that's pretty much going to be a hellmouth and potentially our first climatic part before we end up in Hell itself. Also that Shotgun looks like it's got the Grenade Launcher mod, but yeah, now it looks like a beefy Doom shotgun.

RikohZX said:

Judging by the focus shots on the tower and going up into it with the clouds at the top, it seems like that's pretty much going to be a hellmouth and potentially our first climatic part before we end up in Hell itself. Also that Shotgun looks like it's got the Grenade Launcher mod, but yeah, now it looks like a beefy Doom shotgun.

Yes, hell portal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybo30QlSk64&t=0m33s

Pink demon looks that came straight off WoW. I think they could have done a better job making it look more grotesque.