Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FTM

New Doom trailer in Facebook page

Voros said:

? E3 showed a Hellknight getting SSGed to death and there were pickups everywhere. And a weird enemy (maybe the Prowler) got its head stomped but no pick ups appeared. Maybe they are spawned at random values (not completely random, but random still). And MAYBE optional (as seen in the trailer, just like the no glowing bodies)

That wasn't the Prowler. .It was a fully Hellified Hell Soldier! You know, these Strogg Enforcer type guys

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Decided to bother myself by reading this, looks like Ammo and Health drops are only gained by chainsawing and glory killing demons, guess that's good ?

Not "only". You can get ammo/health drops from any kill, you just get more from glory kills/chainsaw.

AirRaid said:

Not "only". You can get ammo/health drops from any kill, you just get more from glory kills/chainsaw.

Oh, i suck at english (not to mention the fact that i ignored Many sentences) .

For some reason this reminds me of Quake, especially the level design. Quake's level design made sense, It felt less abstract. Classic Doom feels more abstract, and breaks from reality often.

Tuaam said:

For some reason this reminds me of Quake, especially the level design. Quake's level design made sense, It felt less abstract. Classic Doom feels more abstract, and breaks from reality often.

They're both abstract. Just Doom's art design and layout made it seem more abstract than Doom (but its not).

What is exactly is the Prowler? I haven't got a clue.

Voros said:

Just Doom's art design and layout made it seem more abstract than Doom (but its not).

Yea right , somebody kill me please :P .

Quake brought us slightly closer to representational geometry by simply being true 3D. It's kind of an in-between thing. Even Quake 2 and 3 were still clinging to a broadly abstract aesthetic, where textures play a more symbolic role. Doom 3 was, clearly, id' first real foray into unmistakable representational territory. What Doom '16 can bring to the table will be touches of fantasy and surrealism mixed in with rustic sci-fi ala "Aliens." The scene at the end of the trailer, where we see an up-shot of the baron, shows some very interesting architecture, some stuff that seems to mix LoveCraftian statues with a slightly surreal nightmarish image of two enormous gears turning, floating in the air at high altitude. Those kinds of touches will, I think, relate to that strange sense of abstraction and surrealism that Classic Doom often evokes.