Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FTM

New Doom trailer in Facebook page

Tetzlaff said:

Yes, the new one look too much like aliens. Like that one Star Trek species, or the Tyranids from Warhammer 40k.

They remind me of the Sectoids from Xcom: Enemy Unknown

Tetzlaff said:

You can be 100% sure it will NOT be split up in 3 independant, disjointed episodes like Doom 1. It will be one continuous campaign. The settings change over the course of the campaign.

For sure. Still, three distinct settings gives a game an episodic feel, and it seems like a faithful modernization of the way Doom 1's story was told... or something. I know what I mean. :p

hmm game is almost perfect only complain that remains is look of cyberdemon head. It should be replace witch Baron of Hell head. - becouse he looks no demonic and threating but who knows maybe he will be redesign but time is running short i dont know if its still possible to make that big change.

I think if they removed some of the padding on the legs and and made the spike on his arm a little more slim than he'd be pretty badass looking. Maybe throw some wires in for good measure. I quite like his posture, looks very terrifying in that other screenshot with the imp and the cacodemon in the cave.

DoomMarine82 said:

What happend with chaingun from 2015 showcase? This double (or even triple) multi barelled chaingun looks jerky :( Do you guys like it?

It's a weapon mod. I believe it makes the chaingun more powerful, but slows you down a bit. Good for thinning out a pack of enemies standing in front of you.

pro_zealot said:

hmm game is almost perfect only complain that remains is look of cyberdemon head. It should be replace witch Baron of Hell head. - becouse he looks no demonic and threating but who knows maybe he will be redesign but time is running short i dont know if its still possible to make that big change.

I'm actually finding myself gradually changing my mind a little to the opposite opinion - after seeing how much the new Baron of Hell has in common with the classic Doom Cyberdemon (head shape, vaguely similar horns), I'm actually starting to like the fact that the Cyberdemon has antlers in order to make it more distinctive.

I don't particularly like the currently known Cyberdemon design (I'm finding him a little too fat - probably what people mean when they say he looks WoW-like), but the antlers, I could learn to dig eventually.

I kinda liked that, as if the Imps, Knights and Barons are part of the same species, the Imps being larva, the Knights adolescents and the Barons fully mature specimens

I agree, or the demons get bigger and badder the more victims they kill (or souls they consume or somesuch), but I definitely preferred the eyeless Imp.

However, if both versions are in the game, I'd be cool with the alien-esque one. Hell, there are so few things I'm disliking about the current look of the game, that I think I could easily overlook the few artistic gripes I currently have.

Now to wait and see if the game ends up being actually fun to play once it's out...

I for one love the antlers. Dunno why but I'm always more threatened by antlers than horns, nevermind that antlers point backwards and probably couldn't do jack shit to me lol.

So this campaign trailer has finally made it clear what exactly has bothered me about Doom '16's aesthetic, and it's that sometimes the monsters look utterly terrifying and grotesque (hell knight, imp, lost soul, cacodemon), but some look very slickly designed but more cartoonish (cyberdemon, pinky, baron of hell, mancubus). I'm trying to keep in mind that the original Doom blurred these two lines as well, and obviously with the new one that spirit is being kept in mind. I think at this point, I like every single monster design and aesthetic choice to an extent, but it's the really grisly, more horrific touches that I'm liking the most, along with the grungy rustic futurism/cyberpunk stuff in the UAC areas.

I'm glad they managed to keep the Revenant's sense of humor. That monster represents everything Doom stands for and Id mentioned this themselves.

For how much I'm defending this game from pointless complaints (even though iD didn't think of me when not supporting the GTX 750ti =P) I'll have to say that one design in particular is f-ugly: the pinky. If there's one thing Doom 3 did right it was the pinky - well, it didn't need a mechanical leg but I liked it anyway (and much more then the new one).

BluePineapple72 said:

Man just reading the YouTube comments on this trailer make it seem like people have a perfect hatred for this game...

Nothing strange about that when games like cod has been dominating the marked for the last 10 years...

People are so used to the new modern military shooters that they have forgotten how the oldschool fps were. For me, doom will always have a special place in my heart.

DooM_RO said:

I'm glad they managed to keep the Revenant's sense of humor. That monster represents everything Doom stands for and Id mentioned this themselves.

+1

Im glad they used the revenant on the collectors edition :) Its perfect.

Caco fires a similar red ball to the original game? We didn't see the entire projectile as it hit the imp in front of it

I'm guessing the Cyberdemon is going to actively use his large padded arm as a shield. It will probably require precise shots and timing to deal critical damage on him. It may even be possible to eliminate him quickly if you're both knowledgeable and skilled enough. If this is the case then the Cyberdemon may be utilized as a tactical enemy that can drag fights, forcing a fight or flight scenario for the player if other demons are converging.

This would place him more of a strong Tank unit than a proper mini-boss. A predecessor to something even more bigger that directly soaks much more bullets.

BluePineapple72 said:

I JUST REALISED SOMETHING, the lost souls horns are probably folding back so it wouldn't look weird if they were shooting out of somethings mouth..

Oh shit son, that actually makes sense.

I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

BluePineapple72 said:

I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING, the lost souls horns are probably folding back so it wouldn't look weird if they were shooting out of somethings mouth..

You're probably right!

I don't know why, but it really bothered me that when Doom Guy slammed the dead persons bloody face into the retinal scanner at the start of the trailer, that it appeared to leave no marks (i.e blood) or damage on said scanner or the persons face at all.