Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

I bet we can color the monsters and change things about them.

I had this theory for a little over a week now, after combing over the new pictures. After what they esentially pallet swaped the cacodemon they've done the same thing to the hell knight. And if I'm right I bet we can change some of the properties about them. I'm not so sure but it would be really cool if the monsters had veriant pieces to there models and we would be able to mix stuff up some more, but that last part is just a hope. The pallet swapping is something I would bet money on now.

I hope so. I have been asking for it in almost every SnapMap post on the official forums for 7 months now.

Also, I hope they don't at least get rid of the older monster colors that can still be used for SnapMap purposes.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

No, they just decided to recolor them .

I disagree, I think they are hinting to us.

Well we have seen Green, Gray, Brown, and the new purplish alien Imps so far. We can all hope. The more we can edit shit in SnapMap the better.

Linguica said:

They have literally directly stated that you can recolor monsters in Snapmap http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/01/29/doom-snapmap-hands-on.aspx

"Enemies and props are easily accessible through the game’s object grid... I can assign an imp to each of the four teams, making him an A.I. partner for each. I can also tweak the imp's color, and amount of health starts with. If the health is boosted enough, he essentially becomes a boss..."

How the hell did I miss that paragraph. I been combing through every single bit of info over the last 7 months. I feel ashamed.

I have a better idea...

I'm sure if we got enough people whining about the current color scheme in today's trailer and begin photoshopping new color schemes and filters that somehow draw the attention and reposts from every major gaming website and facebook trending articles, by the next trailer the game will look exactly like that.

Yes. I'm being facetious (though I'm pretty sure that's the reason the color scheme changed between last trailer and todays.... peer pressure and internet whining to the point where the dev's gave in.)

MrGlide said:

I had this theory for a little over a week now, after combing over the new pictures. After what they esentially pallet swaped the cacodemon they've done the same thing to the hell knight. And if I'm right I bet we can change some of the properties about them. I'm not so sure but it would be really cool if the monsters had veriant pieces to there models and we would be able to mix stuff up some more, but that last part is just a hope. The pallet swapping is something I would bet money on now.

Nope. .but you will be able to "respray" your guns in MP!

Buckshot said:

(though I'm pretty sure that's the reason the color scheme changed between last trailer and todays.... peer pressure and internet whining to the point where the dev's gave in.)

This is honestly one case where I'd say that the whining helped.
I didn't mind the old designs too much, but I do definitely prefer how it looks now.

But can you give it black legs? How many parts of the monster can you color change? In MP you have just a primary and secondary color ... so far.