Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyncError

DOOM Space Marine Images (Lithograph)

I bought all 300 of them.

Just kidding. I placed an order for just 1 I swear on my grandfathers grave.

Without the DOOM sign covering it, I see the Doomguy's armor has a big red standby light on its breast section. What kind of design is that? Or is it supposed to be a camera / flashlight / holographic projector? If so, it would better be actually used as such in the game.

This just caught my eye now, it's not something I would be really bothered by, but still worth pointing it out.

I like how slapped-together, heavy, and rugged it looks. Reminds me of Robocop after he's been hit by a car several times by the end of every movie.

nxGangrel said:

Dear God. Doom4guy has no neck.

To be fair, I'd hide my neck too if monsters wanted to eat me.

Like I said in the other thread, I really like the new design! Also, it reminds me a bit to the look of the marine in Eternal Doom.

Yah if only the new doom guy didn't look like the halo guy that looked like the doom guy...

Man... For a modern Doom guy he fucking rocks, I think the only way it could be better is if we could see some biceps, just go all fuck it and look at my manly arms as they rip yer girly ones off your body.

scifista42 said:

Without the DOOM sign covering it, I see the Doomguy's armor has a big red standby light on its breast section. What kind of design is that? Or is it supposed to be a camera / flashlight / holographic projector? If so, it would better be actually used as such in the game.

This just caught my eye now, it's not something I would be really bothered by, but still worth pointing it out.

Pretty sure that's not a light.
That's a heated portion of the breastplate that was hit by a small blast.

scifista42 said:

God forbid something exist for the sake of looking cool.

I wonder if that cod piece opens to allow an easy piss, or if there's some inhouse plumbing system. Imagine having to pause your fighting every once in a while to find a bathroom and take a dump, and there's a minigame where you have to struggle to get that hatch open before you purge.

Clonehunter said:

I wonder if that cod piece opens to allow an easy piss, or if there's some inhouse plumbing system. Imagine having to pause your fighting every once in a while to find a bathroom and take a dump, and there's a minigame where you have to struggle to get that hatch open before you purge.

Do you want impse? 'cause that's how you get impse.

RikohZX said:

Pretty sure that's not a light.
That's a heated portion of the breastplate that was hit by a small blast.

The holes on the shoulder pads are from projectile impacts, but the perfectly round opening on the chestplate, nicely adorned with rivets, is not a bullet hole, as you can clearly see on the bigger pic.

Id should have just rescaled the original doomguy sprite so that people would stop comparing it (and any power armor in existence) to Master Chief.

footnote:

"PROP 65 WARNING: Some products may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm."

k

nxGangrel said:

Nor did the Ultimate Doom Doomguy have one. I sure as Hell couldn't see it anyway, so that part seems pretty damned spot on.

Deatheye said:

40bucks for a poster, seems legit

A litho is way different than whatever band posters you have tacked to your dorm room wall. It's printed on super high quality photopaper, that glossy stuff. These are basically prints meant to be framed, not a 'poster'. That's why it's $40 and they made only 300 of these.

nxGangrel said:

He's not Duke Nukem. Doom guy could never look to either the left or right on command - he had to turn his whole body.