Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enforcer

SSG Mods?

What mods would you like to see for the SSG? Personally I wouldn't really want to see mods that would change it's appearance too much. .It looks amazing as is. .

I think it's too early for discussing this, given that we don't know specifics of the finished game's SSG behavior yet, but a mod that would change the SSG's reloading animation to look/move/behave exactly like in classic Doom might be good.

Enforcer said:

Personally I wouldn't really want to see mods that would change it's appearance too much.

I thought mods were optional? Nobody will force you to use them if they come out, so why complain?

scifista42 said:

I think it's too early for discussing this, given that we don't know specifics of the finished game's SSG behavior yet, but a mod that would change the SSG's reloading animation to look/move/behave exactly like in classic Doom might be good.
I thought mods were optional? Nobody will force you to use them if they come out, so why complain?

Why is it too early? Just want to hear your ideas. I'm not complaining at all :) I simply hope it won't have like 6 barrels by the end of the game. .I hope iD will come up with something original but will remain it's original stock look more or less intact

Wait, make me something clear: Did you mean "mods" as official changes to the SSG's default behaviour by the time the game will be released, or "mods" as usermade optional addons for the game after it's released? I've assumed the latter.

No no no. "Official" mods :) Just like shotguns burst fire or grenade attachment mod :) We've seen and heard some info about them. But not for the SSG! It had a secondary fire in the Alpha. .but it was kinda meh. .you basically just zoomed in and could fire a more tight spread. .looked cool but I didn't find much difference between primary and secondary. .

Enforcer said:

BTW guys. .forgive me in advance. .English is not my first language :)

Dude, first of all, you really shouldn´t apologize, there´s nothing to apologize for.
Second, personally I would like to see a single shot feature =)

Enforcer said:

No no no. "Official" mods :)

So again, do you mean built-in ones (defining the game's default behavior that the player is forced to obey) or optional ones (addons altering the game's default behavior, which the player may load and use if he wants to, as well as he may not load and not use them if he doesn't want to)?

scifista42 said:

So again, do you mean built-in ones (defining the game's default behavior that the player is forced to obey) or optional ones (addons altering the game's default behavior, which the player may load and use if he wants to, as well as he may not load and not use them if he doesn't want to)?

First ones :)

I really liked the phosphorus shells in Bioshock 2. .I guess it would be cool to see something like that in Doom. .But only if it deals instant damage (unlike Bio 2). .BOOM! Instant damage and then the enemy is on fire and it drains his HP over time. .It would work. .Like you shoot a baron once or twice and then you kind of ignore him and deal with Imps. .after dealing with small guys you deal with the Baron but he is already fucked up a bit. .

A usefull mod for the SSG would be a sequenced shot, a burst from one barrel and then the other barrel, with a tighter spread compared to the standard double-barrel shot.

Tetzlaff said:

A usefull mod for the SSG would be a sequenced shot, a burst from one barrel and then the other barrel, with a tighter spread compared to the standard double-barrel shot.

It had something like that in the Alpha :) Tighter spread but you still fired both barrels

Cool, but it still fired the two barrels simultaniously? It would be better set apart when they would fire in a two-shot sequnce in the alternate firing mode. That would also make the tighter spread more plausible, because of the lower recoil. The Zerstörer mod for Quake 1 had a shotgun like that.

Wouldn't mind It not having mods since It's just the badass SSG. But I guess have It like Brutal DOOM and let you fire the two barrels one at a time. I'm expecting that.

That or a slight aim.

Not fully related, but I'm amused that we're not likely to get any explanation for the presence of a double barreled shotgun in a futuristic setting. If you recall, Quake 2 and Quake 3: Arena both attempted futuristic takes on such a weapon (Q3A featuring a pointless laser sight which I liked), and a few other games have featured similarly cyberpunk takes on it. I really like that Doom '16's model is decidedly 19th century looking, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Voros said:

Doesn't the SSG have a Charged Burst mod?
That's what I saw in the E3 footage.

Pretty sure you're confusing the SSG with the SG, buddy. The Shotgun has the charged burst mod.

Thats not what I meant. I just remember that Doomguy switched to the SSG, and that CB icon displayed next to the ammo counter, which later disappeared.

Voros said:

Thats not what I meant. I just remember that Doomguy switched to the SSG, and that CB icon displayed next to the ammo counter, which later disappeared.

Huh, never noticed.

Voros said:

Not that I'm doubting what you saw, but a Charged Burst really doesn't make sense for the SSG.

AirRaid said:

Not that I'm doubting what you saw, but a Charged Burst really doesn't make sense for the SSG.

Heh explosive slugs.

But that small detail has me stumped though.
Maybe it was just a small bug? Like that chainsaw with the 6?

Voros said:

Heh explosive slugs.

But that small detail has me stumped though.
Maybe it was just a small bug? Like that chainsaw with the 6?

Hm, actually... The Chainsaw Is using a thing called "Fuel", and It's like ammo for the Chainsaw. When you do a kill on a enemy, It'll take away one fuel cell, when you do a kill on, say, a Hell Knight or Mancubus, maybe a Baron. It'll take away I believe two or three cells. Maybe more.

I still don't get it. .One Russian site, that actually went and played the game said that you earn XP points for completing challenges. And you can unlock Mods for your weapons using these XP points. .WTF?? I don't know about you guys but I'm kinda a little worried about this whole challenges deal. .It makes the game feel TOO ARCADY. .I really hope iD knows what they are doing. .

Enforcer said:

I still don't get it. .One Russian site, that actually went and played the game said that you earn XP points for completing challenges. And you can unlock Mods for your weapons using these XP points. .WTF?? I don't know about you guys but I'm kinda a little worried about this whole challenges deal. .It makes the game feel TOO ARCADY. .I really hope iD knows what they are doing. .

Feels more like Borderlands 2 for me, which I'm alright with.

Tritnew said:

Hm, actually... The Chainsaw Is using a thing called "Fuel", and It's like ammo for the Chainsaw. When you do a kill on a enemy, It'll take away one fuel cell, when you do a kill on, say, a Hell Knight or Mancubus, maybe a Baron. It'll take away I believe two or three cells. Maybe more.

I refered to the E3 chainsaw, which had a 6 on its counter al the time, even though it went through more 5 kills. Possibly a bug/glitch/cheat.
Pretty sure the latter of what you said is confirmed.

This will most likely never happen but I'd love to see a mod that's like UT's Flak Cannon (bouncy projectiles). Or Painkiller's steak gun (pin baddies to walls)