Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ImpieEyez95

Conker's Bad Fur Day Total Conversion (Gzdoom or Zdoom?)

Hi all,

Long time signed up on the forum, but haven't posted much, if anything at all.

My idea is simple, yet could become complex with ACS, but do-able. a Total Conversion of Conker's Bad Fur Day (from the Nintendo 64)

What I have already are sprites/textures/sounds/and characters (that I'd need to animate as NPCs as well as enemies) that were found online/forums.

It will include the Hub world(Windy) (influenced from the Stranglehold.wad? i think that's the one) along with the Cut-scenes (After viewing Action Doom 2, it influenced me to do it that way (i.e. pictures/text/audio) along with that they are skippable/autosaveable.

Double Jump (in which there is a pk3 file of that out), but i'd need to work on ACS to make it have a third action (Helicoptery-tail thing) for hard to reach places.

Driveable tank (this has been done before) , as well as maneuvering a hover-board, and using melee attacks.

Quickly switching from Third > First Person (i think this is implemented in some source ports already?

Re-skinning the player to look like Conker, along with the FPS view of his hand.

HUD Menu, along with an Alternative Health (i.e. 6 pieces of Chocolate - valued at 16.6% Health regeneration/piece and can respawn only after leaving the level (ACS needed here)

Use of Polyobjects for certain things.

Let me know what you think.

takensorryuser, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Is he actually asking for help, though? Just looks like an idea.

takensorryuser, I do recommend that in the future you wait until you do have something to show (screenshots would be nice!) before you post about your project.

Your project looks very ambitious and to do all you mentioned above would be crazy, don't get me wrong, but that's a lot of work to do, also like stated above you should post some screeshots to show first so we can see that it's being worked on, unlike other projects that never got done.

AD_79 said:

What is the statute of limitations on old Doomworld memes, does anyone know

The community must know

Portions of the Multiplayer map (with stock Doom Textures as placement for now.) http://imgur.com/z1Suu1w

also currently ripping all the textures from the game (through the use of an emulator/plugin), along with having gotten the MIDI files for the soundtrack.

Ambitious project, but do-able. It would be easier if i had a team of people but well i gotta show off what I can do (i.e. level design, and whatnot)

AD_79 said:

takensorryuser, I do recommend that in the future you wait until you do have something to show (screenshots would be nice!) before you post about your project.

also yes, i am asking for help, but yes! I'll totally do that within the future! Thank you!
Also working on the HUD right now too!

Why not just start on something basic. Like the multiplayer mode maps, before you move onto stuff like Windy, and so. But yeah, the closest thing I saw to a Conker TC was something on Sonic Robo Blast 2.. But it's pretty old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVx6ymq2eL4

SRB2 obviously uses a Modified Doom Legacy engine. But if you wanna work around with what's here, you might wanna contact the author.

However. It does not have weapons or anything like that. So you're mainly on your own with those. I'd also recommend just having somebody redoing Conker's sprites from scratch, because the screenshot ripped ones are super choppy.

As for the double jump mod you mentioned. Somebody also made a hover mod where you hover in the air a few. Try to figure out how to modify that, and you'll have something to work with for your helicopter tail.

SuperSomariDX said:

Why not just start on something basic. Like the multiplayer mode maps, before you move onto stuff like Windy, and so. But yeah, the closest thing I saw to a Conker TC was something on Sonic Robo Blast 2.. But it's pretty old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVx6ymq2eL4

SRB2 obviously uses a Modified Doom Legacy engine. But if you wanna work around with what's here, you might wanna contact the author.

However. It does not have weapons or anything like that. So you're mainly on your own with those. I'd also recommend just having somebody redoing Conker's sprites from scratch, because the screenshot ripped ones are super choppy.

As for the double jump mod you mentioned. Somebody also made a hover mod where you hover in the air a few. Try to figure out how to modify that, and you'll have something to work with for your helicopter tail.

- Working on the multi maps first, right now, but yes i agree! I'll have to contact the author of that

As for the Conker Sprites, heres a pic i got from the textures of the original game for use within the HUD / SBARINFO http://imgur.com/bwZwWFl

I also saw that someone made a Double Jump mod (not sure if that's the "Hover" mod you're talking about?)

As for the Weapons they're going to be harder (I'm not the best sprite person in the world but I'm gonna have a go at it.) - here's some sprites for them in-game possibly? http://imgur.com/a/LBVwA

I currently have a week+ off from University. I'll be working on this throughout the week! :)

takensorryuser said:

As for the Weapons they're going to be harder (I'm not the best sprite person in the world but I'm gonna have a go at it.) - here's some sprites for them in-game possibly? http://imgur.com/a/LBVwA

It'll be too difficult to take sprites ripped from most of these screenshots. There is a possible, but harder way however; we could just make weapons based on them? Especially since they're all simple...

One could also do screenshot rips or just use the hud icons from the game itself.

Though the hud icons are quite small honestly.

To start you off in the right direction. Here's a single frame hud head made from edits of the one screenshot you posted, then edited extensively for symmetry. If you're doing this mod. I recommend a source port with TrueColor support.

As for the midi rips directly from the game. Be ready to have some extensive edits done. It's going to sound extra weird without the proper instrument mappings. SOmetimes the drum tracks don't even register as drum tracks in the midis. Just a warning. I found out about this via Mickey Speedway USA (another Rare Game, go figure.) a long while ago back.

SuperSomariDX said:

http://puu.sh/n5gba/067705e991.png

To start you off in the right direction. Here's a single frame hud head made from edits of the one screenshot you posted, then edited extensively for symmetry. If you're doing this mod. I recommend a source port with TrueColor support.

As for the midi rips directly from the game. Be ready to have some extensive edits done. It's going to sound extra weird without the proper instrument mappings. SOmetimes the drum tracks don't even register as drum tracks in the midis. Just a warning. I found out about this via Mickey Speedway USA (another Rare Game, go figure.) a long while ago back.

Oh wow! That looks wicked, but does this mean that I'll have to have 100s of edits of the face hud or only like 8 or so (however many rotations it is?) Also which Sourceport has TrueColor? I know of Delphi Doom but is that the only one?

as for the Music, should it be different than a midi file? like ogg or something?

I'd say just go for a basic set of heads. Progressively bloodshot eyes for deeper and lower health percentages in Doom style.

But I'd say for multiplayer and decent color support, aim from Zandronum. Perhaps 3.0 is possible. as for midis. They are a small few lying around the web. You could use oggs, but it'll increase your filesize too. Since there's quite a few tracks and so in Conker. I'd say get midis for what you could find to fit said level or hub. But put up an optional ogg pack later.

SuperSomariDX said:

I'd say just got for a basic set of heads. Progressively bloodshot eyes for deeper and lower health percentages in Doom style.

But I'd say for multiplayer and decent color support, aim from Zandronum. Perhaps 3.0 is possible. as for midis. They are a small few lying around the web. You could use oggs, but it'll increase your filesize too. Since there's quite a few tracks and so in Conker. I'd say get midis for what you could find to fit said level or hub. But put up an optional ogg pack later.

Okay! Again, I am HORRIBLE at spriting and whatnot :( ill try based on the image you provided though.

Currently I'm using the textures from Packer's remake, but i have to resize/rename them so they fit the texture alignment within Gzdoom's engine.

University is out, so I'll now have much more time to work on this TC! I may also borrow the Tank mod from SGTiv, for one level within it.