Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Potatoguy

An overanalyzed complaint on the new Chainsaw

Glaice said:

Adding fuel to the chainsaw is probably one of the dumber gameplay decisions for Doom 4

Have you used it yet? Do you know exactly how it works? How does it play into Doom 4's weapon balance?

man oh no those dreaded chainsaw animations

i can't believe i have to close up into some dude's business and lock myself in while i slash his shit with my space slashing tool which takes a full three seconds to do

why would you make a chainsaw act just like an actual chainsaw should and why couldn't you just have me tickle the guy's nipples to death until he passed out from insolation just like in the good ol days that was such a classic fuck you id >pirate day 1

that's actually what I tend to think whenever I read one of your six paragraph long essays on Doom philosophy that you seem to love writing so much

(no I dont mean this as a personal attack of any sort actually please dont bash my head in)

I think the chainsaw will be a fun gimmick weapon like it was in the original games. Hopefully the marines combat helmet has some windshield wipers on his visor!

Was it confirmed that all glory kills (and the chainsaw) will have i-frames? Or is this just speculation?

Loldoom said:

Was it confirmed that all glory kills (and the chainsaw) will have i-frames? Or is this just speculation?

It was hinted that they don't, actually. Marty said if you pull out the chainsaw in the middle of a crowd you're gonna have a bad time because everything else will beat you down. Not sure about Glory kills, though.

Glaice said:

Adding fuel to the chainsaw is probably one of the dumber gameplay decisions for Doom 4, that and the insectoid face looking Cyberdemon and cyclops Mancubus.

What happened to having the chainsaw similar to Doom 3's?

The CS in Doom 3 was LOUD. And useless most of the time.
Fuel to a weapon that delivers OHKs seems pretty fine with me (sure let's kill demons nonstop with it, now that we have plenty of fuel).
The insectoid face still bugs me though, but so what? Its the power I'm looking for. Gameplay>Graphics.
I like the new Mancubus, it seperates it from its Doom 3 counterpart, while still being great bullet sponges.

But hey. Its yellow again.

Does anyone have the slightest clue on what the Super Chainsaw mod does?
We know that the chainsaw delivers OHK, so what could the SC mod do to make it special?

Voros said:

Does anyone have the slightest clue on what the Super Chainsaw mod does?
We know that the chainsaw delivers OHK, so what could the SC mod do to make it special?

Ammo efficiency is the easy answer, making it so that each fuel block deals more damage. Considering the discussion of i-frames, it could also add them so you can safely saw in the middle of a bunch of enemies.

Arctangent said:

Ammo efficiency is the easy answer, making it so that each fuel block deals more damage. Considering the discussion of i-frames, it could also add them so you can safely saw in the middle of a bunch of enemies.

Chainsaws are pretty sweet