Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buckethell

That WAD with the "Bee hive floor" level

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone :D
A year and an half ago i tried a WAD, and it was a very hard one, but i can't remember the name, and i hope that someone can help me
I remember that was a very complex map with great architectures, like that giant bee hive floor (without bees, there were just standard enemies)
Someone knows what that WAD was ?
Thanks in advice ^^

Share this post


Link to post

It could be Sunder MAP14; that's the only map that comes to my mind that is dominated with a "bee hive floor" theme.

Share this post


Link to post

Sunder map14 and Speed of Doom map24 both use hexagons as the main construction shape, both are quite difficult, although the former is tougher.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, it is Sunder :)
That was very fast replies lol
Thanks guys :D
There are other complex map designs/architectures WADs out here ?

Share this post


Link to post

Why don't you posted this in the "Looking for a specific WAD" thread? :)

By the way, I don't play many map packs out there so I can't tell you other WADs with complex design. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Gustavo6046 said:

Why don't you posted this in the "Looking for a specific WAD" thread? :)

By the way, I don't play many map packs out there so I can't tell you other WADs with complex design. :(

Oh sorry, i'm new and i haven't noticed that section, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Buckethell said:

There are other complex map designs/architectures WADs out here ?

If you mean "hyper-detailed, hyper-elaborate and uniquely abstract", check out Sunlust and pretty much any wad by Ribbiks.

If you mean it more broadly, like "exceptionally impressive", just check out the Cacowards.

Share this post


Link to post
scifista42 said:

If you mean "hyper-detailed, hyper-elaborate and uniquely abstract", check out Sunlust and pretty much any wad by Ribbiks.

If you mean it more broadly, like "exceptionally impressive", just check out the Cacowards.

Yeah, that's what i meant, thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Buckethell said:

Yeah, that's what i meant,

So, which one of the two? The former, or the latter? :)

Share this post


Link to post
scifista42 said:

So, which one of the two? The former, or the latter? :)

"hyper-detailed, hyper-elaborate and uniquely abstract"
And Sunlust/Ribbiks WADs
But there are other mirrors where i can get Sunder ?
Because the main one is a download of SaƵJoao HSANTOS.cdr

EDIT: I found it

Share this post


Link to post

In addition to everything Ribbiksy, some of the maps in 50 Shades of Graytall fit the bill. Mechadon is another name to watch for in that category. Not always hyper abstract, or at least not abstract in the same way, look for Mouldy's stuff.

Share this post


Link to post

^ Madcat is the only currently active mapper besides yourself whose maps you have ever played, or at least one of very few ones excluding authors of wads from the 90s, right?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×