Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

ZDoom 2.8.0 and ACC 1.55 released

After two and a half years (and on the Chinese new year), a new release of ZDoom has been bestowed upon us, with a new ACC to go with it. Significant changes include:

• A native backend for OS X
  • SDL2 backend for Linux, with OpenAL support
  • Better MIDI support, with nostalgic options aplenty
  • New ACS functions, like DropItem and DropInventory
  • Arrays are now supported at the script scope
  • Extended compatibility options
And much more. Grab a copy on ZDoom's download page.

Has it really been 2 and a half years? I can remember the last release as if it was only yesterday for some reason, anyways it's good to see it is still getting updated.

Breeder said:

Optimizations for the Raspberry Pi?! ;)

Oh yes. There are still a few limitations (Running in a window will crash the game, textured automap and node generation still fail) but for the most part zdoom runs very well. There is a compilation error that pops up with later versions of glibc, but commenting out the offending code is more than enough to fix it.

Avoozl said:

Has it really been 2 and a half years? I can remember the last release as if it was only yesterday for some reason, anyways it's good to see it is still getting updated.

Well ZDoom and GZDoom get updates nigh-constantly, it's just that Randi finally declared things fit for a stable release!

Csonicgo said:

Oh yes. There are still a few limitations (Running in a window will crash the game, textured automap and node generation still fail) but for the most part zdoom runs very well. There is a compilation error that pops up with later versions of glibc, but commenting out the offending code is more than enough to fix it.

Upon compiling, I get this on the Pi 2:

In file included from /home/pi/zdoom/src/posix/sdl/hardware.cpp:49:0:
/home/pi/zdoom/src/./r_renderer.h: In destructor ‘FRenderer::~FRenderer()’:
/home/pi/zdoom/src/./r_renderer.h:25:2: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.7/README.Bugs> for instructions.
Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/ccVg2Voy.out file, please attach this to your bugreport.
src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/build.make:223: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/posix/sdl/hardware.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/posix/sdl/hardware.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:683: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:72: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
pi@retropie ~/zdoom/release $

Upon compiling it on my 64-bit Debian Laptop (using installed 64-bit fmod) I get this:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libfmodex-4.26.36.so when searching for -lfmodex-4.26.36
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible //usr/local/lib/libfmodex-4.26.36.so when searching for -lfmodex-4.26.36
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfmodex-4.26.36
CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/tempfiles.o: In function `FTempFileName::FTempFileName(char const*)':
tempfiles.cpp:(.text+0x7): warning: the use of `tempnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [zdoom] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Since corresponding GZDoom builds have been released, shouldn't the ZDoom wiki change GZdoom's status to "2.8 branch"? Normally I would do such a thing myself, except that no account can be created for whatever reason.

2.8.1 will be released sometime today, or whenever... Randi hasn't gotten to adding the download links yet.

On 2/8/2016 at 1:40 PM, Csonicgo said:

After two and a half years (and on the Chinese new year), a new release of ZDoom has been bestowed upon us, with a new ACC to go with it. Significant changes include:

• A native backend for OS X
  • SDL2 backend for Linux, with OpenAL support
  • Better MIDI support, with nostalgic options aplenty
  • New ACS functions, like DropItem and DropInventory
  • Arrays are now supported at the script scope
  • Extended compatibility options

And much more. Grab a copy on ZDoom's download page.

No ACC for Linux??  Boy.... that's sad...

(I have had many trouble compiling stuff from source code, so a prebuilt version would be better for me)

Never mind.... I found it on the Ubuntu Linux software repositories, I already isntalled from there