Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 27 - Proud Sponsor of Bullshit Mapnames!

Link to last months session

✽Welcome to a very special weekend after Presidents Day Weekend edition of ASS✽

✽We will be meeting in the usual spot on Skype (consistent group) at the fairly regular time of ❦ Noon Eastern Time on Saturday, February 20 ❦ and Jimmy will probably do one at midnight again. Or Surreily. or Obsidian. ✽
✽ Who knows!✽

✽For those not in the know. Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions are a delightful romp wherein the usual 6 or 8 stooges (and a few random folks who have the available time) crawl out from their shanties and various hovels, steal midis from dark recesses of the worldwide web, and gossip to such a degree of churlish glee that our two hour speedmaps take three hours to make. Yes, we go for two hours, but we allow a concept called A̶l̶f̶o̶n̶z̶o̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ "An Extra Hour of Mapping to Make an Objectively Superior Map." Then a few of us stream the resulting maps over the next few weeks. Then it goes on idgames. Then we repeat about a month later. ✽

✽Its better than it sounds! See you there :D 🎁🎁🎁 ✽

This also exists

I couldnt remember the links for the dancing Xaser-letters, so I did what I could do.

I could write a post with all the Unicode characters in the world, but of course not, because it's prohibited. IF it weren't, you would just copypaste the character you like from it.

Hnnngng I will have to see...noon was....5/6pm iirc from last months...and I am doing full time work now :( Will have to see if I can get it but I dunno...

AD_79 said:

petition to have none of the mapnames be stupid bullshit this time

thanks for the mapname, sucker.

I've never speed mapped before. I always take my time meticulously adjusting stupid details. But I'm wanting to get more mapping experience and this seems like a good way to do it.

FuzzballFox said:

Hnnngng I will have to see...noon was....5/6pm iirc from last months...and I am doing full time work now :( Will have to see if I can get it but I dunno...

I was thinking the same thing... noon is too generic for a time

AD_79 said:

petition to have none of the mapnames be stupid bullshit this time

That in itself is now a bullshit mapname.

I will probably have to drop out aince I cannot start up my PC :(

It's a shame too, since I really enjoyed the 26th session.

Actually I will side with AD for this- not to say BS map names can't be funny...but I think it might be a nice change this time! Maybe a lil' humorous this time around but a bit more serious!

Fwiw I tend not to defer to the BS mapnames list unless I'm seriously, seriously straining for a name. Usually I can think of one that adequately summates my own opinion of the map (i.e. "Insomnia Cure") and that's fine. :P

Did I mention the session is in a week?

Because the session is in a week.

Jimmy said:

Fwiw I tend not to defer to the BS mapnames list unless I'm seriously, seriously straining for a name. Usually I can think of one that adequately summates my own opinion of the map (i.e. "Insomnia Cure") and that's fine. :P

Considering I'm the author of nearly half of the Bullshit Names, I proudly use them when I can.

Anyone can join. Here are the general rules of ASS:

-When the speedmapping starts, you get 15 minutes to set up your settings, download the texture pack (if there is), etc,
-After setting up you have 3 hours to submit the map you've been making.
-Must use at least one of the themes announced.

Not too many rules.

EDIT: How do I get into the ASS IRC channel?

Sure thing, but if you like, I'd recommend getting onto the #abyssal IRC channel to keep track of the session's time limit.

Also it's 2 hours. There is an extra hour, but it is considered shaming and dishonorable upon your family to use it.

About 45 minutes to go.

Add me on Skype (mionicdonut) if you want in the group!