Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is a small map I made for practice. Basically it is Boom compatible map with no difficulty settings, an intentionally hard to maneuver lift and quite some enjoyable fightes.

Enjoy! :)

View these screenshots, for confidence of a fun battle!

The music is named "The Killer Hype". By me of course :3

The main reason I done this map is that I get some reviews and can improve.

I took two days to finish this beauty!

1) Got stuck in the crate area after I left it and went back a second time. Had to IDCLIP out. Thankfully wasn't recording a demo, as is my policy when I suspect that a map isn't of the advertised compatibility. Looks like this one actually is, but the problem is that the trigger that raises the lift in that area is a walkover once, instead of walkover repeatable.

2) Gameplay is almost exclusively of the "funnel monsters to the chokepoint" variety. And that 64-wide door to the building is so small that even if you want to charge in and play aggressively, you're going to be blocked by monsters. Not good.

3) That lift was really annoying, but funny.

4) Positives are the music; that little door that opens one way, which I thought was cute; and that the level is nearly functional.

5) Last imp warp-in seems pointless; you can just skip them, because the exit is, like, right there.

Gustavo6046 said:

If you guys want I could extend the map, improve the existing areas and maybe even add a MAP02...

Up to you, i'd just leave the map as is, as a reference to what to do and not do for future maps.

Anyway played it, it was ok. In the future, if you want "ambush" like with the imps at the end to work, have the players go back to said area with an objective in mind, like to activate a switch for example then have the enemies warp-in after said objective has been fulfilled.

That wouldn't be prudent improvement, I want to train moar!

So I decided to expand the map a little, improve the areas and give a touch. Now download links updated! It's called "Rejoice: The ADjoined Remake". Enjoy!

Gustavo6046 said:

That wouldn't be prudent improvement, I want to train moar!

So I decided to expand the map a little, improve the areas and give a touch. Now download links updated! It's called "Rejoice: The ADjoined Remake". Enjoy!

Well, it was simply a suggestion.

I'll try your modified version later when i'm home.

You didn't fix the bug I mentioned. I don't expect mappers to take any of my subjective suggestions (#2-#5 in my original post, in this case), but when I point out a map-breaking error and the mapper doesn't even attempt to fix it, I stop seeing the point in giving them feedback.

The map is not very good the outside areas felt a bit too open maybe add some decoration some trees the lift's button had 2 and at the end when lowering the wall behind the hell knight. Possibly add some secrets and make sure the exit marker is clear as i accidenaly exited once thinking it was a teleport to get gear

rdwpa said:

You didn't fix the bug I mentioned. I don't expect mappers to take any of my subjective suggestions (#2-#5 in my original post, in this case), but when I point out a map-breaking error and the mapper doesn't even attempt to fix it, I stop seeing the point in giving them feedback.

I fixed as many bugs as you guys could find. Sorry if I missed one.

Played it, its more presentable now but the issues rdw mentionned are still present.

While you added a blue keycard you can get it from the get go, making the Imps ambush completely useless again.

My suggestion:

- Block the access to the blue keycard cave until the player activate a certain switch inside the base to gain access to the cave.

- The player will need to backtrack outside and engage the Imps that spawned, i'd add a single revenant to the ambush to make it a bit more threatening.

- Player will grab the blue keycard and proceed to the exit.

Don't give up, there's improvements here and there, it's still rough but it's better.

I don't know where to get stuck in the crate area; I already put some impassable lines just to guarantee!

Also yea I updated the download links with a revamped BK cave and revenants in ambushes, among other improvements (though I don't like the shitload of switches I had to put there, oh if ever could me use ACS!)...

Well it's better than some many first-efforts that we've seen here, so you've got that going for you.

Worth noting that I downloaded, recorded and processed this video before the latest update, so that's why it's already obsolete.

Spoiler

What if Gustavo6046 will cooperate with joe-ilya for creating megawad - does it will looks like Hell Revealed?

Azuruish said:

does it will looks like Hell Revealed?

Don't expect much >:)

Talking about dicks at Zandronum IRC pumped me up with the skillz!

I researched a bit about Voodoo dolls, and came to my mind that I could turn these 3 darn switches to a single one! So did I do. Now download links updated! Yeehaw! I'm so proud of myself! :3

EDIT: Oh wait now I found it [the crate area bug], reuploaded with a fix! :)