Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deadaccount

[GZDoom Builder 2.3] STEP1 in Used Textures, but isn't used anywhere

I'm not sure of what to say about this, other than probably a strange bug I'm having. So today, I was building a basic starter Doom map. Whilst I was editing it, STEP1 was showing up in the Used Textures, despite not being shown or used in the map itself. I check every linedef and sidedef that I could, didn't disappear from Used Textures. I tried selecting every linedef and sidedef and changing all their Upper, Lower, and Middle textures to one texture (Both Front and Back Side), but it still didn't disappear. I can't figure out why, other than that I either accidentally added it and forgot where I had put it, or I removed it and the program's unwilling to remove it from Used Textures. Any ideas what's going on?

If it helps for specification, I'm mapping with Boom (Doom Format), and I do have the STEP1 flat used in a small room, but it's the STEP1 Wall texture that's showing up, despite not being used (as far as I can see, anyways).

I don't know if it's smart enough to weed out this duplicate. Remember: ZDoom and Eternity can both mix flats and walls, so this may just have crept in without anyone noticing.

Yep, you're right, Graf. I just tested it by removing the STEP1 flat and that seems to be the case (I reinserted it afterwards). Thanks!

This (displaying STEP1/STEP2 textures among used textures after I had used STEP1/STEP2 flats and vice versa) has bugged me in Doom Builder 2 since I started mapping, and now it seems that the very latest GZDoom Builder still suffers from the very same problem. I wonder if it's hard to fix or if nobody ever reported it, but I find it hard to believe either.

It's not fixed because:
1. It's a minor issue, which doesn't affect "classic" game configuration where texture/flat mixing is disabled.
2. Fixing it would require substantial rewrites of texture usage counting and background texture (un)loading systems.