Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plasma Gun

Who's playing DOOM 3 through right now?

I'm going through DOOM 3 now (planning to go through DOOM 3, RoE, and Lost Mission). Wondering if anybody else is currently doing the same ahead of the DOOM (2016) launch.

I'm currently in the Communications map and I must say that I'm having a blast thus far. I do remember not particularly liking the Recycling Sectors though, those are coming up soon >.>

Ill play it one more time a week or so before release. I have yet to play perfected Doom so I might try that.

I Still have it on my steam library, though not joining that often (unless there are some players on servers) .

I just replayed the In Hell mod by Doomi. And, like DoomMarine82, I also often play arround with the level editor.

I'm playing through the campaign again. I think I only just got to the Monorail level, after you get the choice to diss Sarge or not (For no particular gain).

Clonehunter said:

I'm playing through the campaign again. I think I only just got to the Monorail level, after you get the choice to diss Sarge or not (For no particular gain).

Still, I've seen Aliens, I know what happens if the fleet gets called.

Plasma Gun said:

I'm going through DOOM 3 now (planning to go through DOOM 3, RoE, and Lost Mission). Wondering if anybody else is currently doing the same ahead of the DOOM (2016) launch.

I'm currently in the Communications map and I must say that I'm having a blast thus far. I do remember not particularly liking the Recycling Sectors though, those are coming up soon >.>

Sure am! I played through both Doom 3 and RoE on the secoond highest difficulty, (vet I think?) and had a blast. Currently playing Lost Mission, which has a very different feel. More like classic doom. More enemies, and areas while still confined, have alot of alternate routes instead of a single corridor. Less backpedaling. Its good stuff.

Also. The Double barrel shotgun will never, ever, not be fun to use.

I just finished the Lost Mission, the Guardian could've been a little more of a boss though, Lost Mission definitely feels more action packed than the main campaign and the expansion, had a blast shooting cherubs with a rocket launcher and seeing them fly across hell while disappearing.

Currently in Delta 2a. I am having quite a blast with this game. I can't wait to give this game another go on Nightmare before DOOM (2016) comes out.

SpunkMayo said:

Still, I've seen Aliens, I know what happens if the fleet gets called.

They get called no matter what, that's the point ;)

YukiHerz said:

I just finished the Lost Mission, the Guardian could've been a little more of a boss though, Lost Mission definitely feels more action packed than the main campaign and the expansion, had a blast shooting cherubs with a rocket launcher and seeing them fly across hell while disappearing.

I saved all of my BFG shots for the Guardian. At least I got to kill him you know? The previous bosses felt like someone else took the reigns. The RoE boss gave a cutscene, and the Doom 3 boss was a total joke once you figured him out.

Just finished Doom 3, RoE, and Lost Mission on the Veteran difficulty. Had a blast. Loved the atmosphere, story, and Doom of it all. BFG edition had one major bug that I found, and that was in RoE. I recommend at least six or seven backup saves. The artifact is ...finicky. Just reload a save further back. I lost about an hour of progress due to buggy heart syndrome.

Great stuff! Gonna work through Doom 1 and 2 in the BFG edition now. :) My body and soon computer will be ready for the 2016 DOOM. :D

Beat Doom 3, now about a third of the way through Resurrection of Evil.

I have never beaten any of these new Doom games on Nightmare (super embarrassing to admit), so that's next on the list.

Got up to Alpha labs 3 last night. Running vanilla Doom3 on a rather vintage system, so it's fairly authentic :)

Athlon 64 2.01Ghz
WinXP SP3
1 GB RAM
GeForce 7800 GS

I'm also going for all PDAs and trying to find the hidden goodies.

I might replay it before DOOM4 comes out but honestly, I have played D3 so many times that it wouldn't be anything special.

Touchdown said:

I might replay it before DOOM4 comes out but honestly, I have played D3 so many times that it wouldn't be anything special.

I'm so hyped up for Doom (2016) that I need to play Doom content in the meantime. Once I wrap up Doom 3 RoE and Doom 3 Lost Missions, I'll go thru The Ultimate Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom.

And, if Doom (2016) still isn't out by the time I'm done, I'll have to take a crack at some homebrew megawads that I haven't gotten to yet.

Just finished D3 a few weeks back. Now I'm near the end of RoE.

After this planning to try Lost Mission for BFG, since I never tried that one. Just saw footage on YT, which, besides the fact that most base/facility levels look ripped off prefabs from D3 maps, the Hell levels look very new and fresh.

Also, in the meantime, giving a playthru to Tested and In Hell (Abandon All Hope in Hell), which both of them seem pretty nice.

Tested has its up and downs with level design, but the action is always there, a lot harder than any other Doom 3 mods I can think about, and maan, some levels are pretty long.

I also play In Hell, patched up with Abandon All Hope in Hell. Which give some new textures, look skins and stuff to the game, also changes the gameplay to a more hardcore one.

http://www.doomitalia.it/map_tested.php

http://www.gamefront.com/files/10603713/Abandon_All_Hope_In_Hell

I was disappointed by Lost Mission's hell level. The precedent base levels are solid and fun, but the hell level is so extremely linear that it's infuriating. It's basicly just one blatantly visible long winding path from A to B without the slightetst detour. The only break is one interesting looking room with multiple floors where a small arena battle takes place.

installed some nice graphics/HD mods and gonna play through it again the next days - I'm not a big fan of mods at all so just some mods to improve the textures and stuff