Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

Virginia Rhymes With Laura

Bahdko set up an information page about her annual summer netparty. The meeting, taking place from August the 2nd to August the 5th, will be located at Laura's townhouse, in a rural area of Virginia. Every possible detail is covered: what to bring, what not to bring and even an information page for parents (in case minors want to participate).

I wish I could go to. :( Anyone from Alberta driving down? :p

I'm not that far, actually. Southern Ontario seems to be a few states away. But there's no way I can get there.

:(

Waldon said:

Check out the link or something. Christ.

Er.. sorry man, I was in a hurry last nite.

If playing DOOM and having fun is stressful to you; then I don't recommend attending.

I'll play you on Map01...
I like humble pie; it tastes good with a rocket chaser. get it, "rocket chaser" :)

Hmm...that's like a four or five hour drive from my place up here in Pittsburgh, but my parents would flip out if I told them I wanted them to drive me to a Doom-playing party with complete strangers. See, they think everyone in this community is sick and twisted and they're all pedophiles or something.

Archvile64 said:

Hmm...that's like a four or five hour drive from my place up here in Pittsburgh, but my parents would flip out if I told them I wanted them to drive me to a Doom-playing party with complete strangers. See, they think everyone in this community is sick and twisted and they're all pedophiles or something.

Your parents are right.

is Doom the only game that's going to be played at this party? that'd be awesome! people go half way across the country to play doom on a network; shit i would if i wasn't a complete loser. does that make sense?

mewse said:

Your parents are right.

Yeah, but it'd be better if people like you didn't keep popping up and proving them right :P

I'm not much of an Internet guy, so I don't know if this is a novel idea, or anything, but I think it's awesome. Go, Doom Community, go.

Also, Bahdko, how would you feel about people randomly dropping by? I'm in the DC area -- er, actually Charlottesville/UVA right now -- but there's a chance I could swing by for an afternoon. Would that be okay, or should I register first?

Being one of the hosts, I feel entitled to answer instead of Bahd; sure, feel free to drop by, just make sure to call us before you leave, so we won't be out getting lunch or something when you arrive. No need to "register" or any other fuss.

Lutz: actually there's a few Lans like this every year. I just keep on missing them though. :( Good thing there's internet.

Hi Bahdko.