Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wallabra

Nali Weapons: Doom Edition

History

Nali Weapons III is a Unreal Tournament 1999 mod that adds tons of tons of freaking overpower weapons. Like Russian Overkill in Doom, only it has slightly less weapons, but it has obviously BETTER GRAFX due to the engine it runs. I decided to port it into ZDoom to see what would happen. And the result is Nali Weapons: Doom Edition (shorten to NW:DE), which is a englobation of all weapons, ammo, and pickups (not including modifiers) from Nali Weapons III in ZDoom.

MultiMissile Launcher info:

Spoiler

The weapon blasts a fucking load of poisonous gas with the missile upon impact and a vicious explosion, annihilating anything in its radius (the gas travels perfectly through any passage, carrying oblivion through corridors, mazes and even air vents! Prefer to play in a map fuckloaded with airvents. ;) ) The explosion models to fit the space it happens in, deleting life from a entire room in seconds and bringing oblivion far! Still isn't a nuke, but it is like a weak ICBM, in the fact that it brings destruction into up to 768 radius! (Tested, and 768 is a rough visual estimation; may not be exact, may vary, may have a balancement change later...)

And the best is that the ammo capacity is high for this weapon!

In the UT version of the mod made by a user called Feralidragon, the weapon used to have many firing modes switched via altfire, and each one would produce different explosions:

• R (Regular) mode is like a Rocket Launcher, dull huh?
  • A (Aim) mode is a missile that goes wherever the aim go.
  • H (Homing) mode is a missile that homes to nearby enemies.
  • T (Tough) mode is a stronger missile that homes. It's the current missile (except it doesn't homes).
  • X (Xtruction) mode is UTTER SMALL NUKE BLAST ENTIRE LARGE ROOM! You know it.
However, due to the early stage we only have Tough mode.

The blue screen used to show the mode it is in. Now it is blue. Idk what is its purpose now. :P

WRE Info:
Spoiler

The War Ready Enforcer, usually shortened to WRE (pronounced "waree") is a tactical modern pistol derived from Beretta that can shoot high-damage, headshot-able bullets (not headshotting in this mod currently :( ) that penetrate armor. It's secondary fire shoots some cool grenade blasts! :D It shoots tactical grenades that explodes into ion explosion and radioactive ion gas upon contact with organic material or once it's slow enough.

It's main use is in war, as the long name suggests, but it can also be found in Arenas (since Deathmatch and controlled homicide followed by resurrection was legalized).

Play now! Believe me, I played it, and it's fun! :30

rdwpa said:

I like my composite missile launchers with bordered MSPaint rectangles slapped on.

Sorry, didn't understand :P

I just brightened some rectangles in Paint.NET because if else the Magic Wand would grab parts of the missile launcher and delete them.

And yes the weapon sprites are ripped from screenshots from Unreal Editor 2's Mesh Browser. I'll plan to make the Ammo sprites ripped from screenshots too. Explosion and smoke sprites are community made (in UT99.org).

gaspe said:

also on the sides it's cutted really badly.

Dumb fuck Mesh browser from UEd2 should have a cyan background. Now every black piece of the weapon will be cut as well! I hate this.

And yes I asked Ferali's permission to do this.

Hmmm, looking at the screenshots, this is an interesting start for a weapon.

I imagine the blue rectangle could be turned into a screen of sorts, perhaps with led lights, or a zoom in of what's going on in front of the player (that would be awesome, but super difficult to implement).

What program do you use to edit sprites, and have you considered drawing sprites from scratch?

I have yet to create weapon sprites, but I imagine it is the same as creating any others, just on a bigger and more detailed scale.

Well. I could make a ammo counter in the blue screen but I don't know how to do it.

Also I use Unreal Editor 2's Mesh browser from where I take screenshots and use Paint.NET to edit sprites.

Also yeah I used to make sprites hand-drawn but my hand sprites SUCKS. Maybe if I do high-res sprites it's easier... (?)

Sorry moderators, I HAD to bump this because of a update:

-Added WRE as of some time already! Wow that's awesome! We have each time even more weapons. But if a MultiMissile Launcher already causes problem wit FPS and CPU and RAM shit, imagine the big nukes in the future!
-Replaced some sprites by non-chopped ones.
-Added Medikit replacement which is a NW3 Health sprite.
-Added Shield Belt. Blue Armor replacement which has 100% absorption, to be trusty with the original SB from NW3 and UT, and protects from Cyberdemon attacks.

This update is more than half of the current version! Go check it out NOW!!

Also, any advice in this mod? :)

It still doesn't look good. During the animations the weapons have pieces that become transparent, and they are still cutted badly in some parts. The animation of the Vulcan feels so weird and the lateral handle gets cutted out. The ammo packs are bigger that the weapons, and that persective is awful.

Gustavo6046 on imgur said:

One of the best weapons mod ever done for Doom, based on a UT99 mod!

lmao

I replaced the sprites that were cutted off the most (except the WRE Grenade ones), and I'll scale down the Bolt Rifle + Vulcan ammo.

Also I'll fix the other cutted-off sprites, once I have time to mess with the Mesh Browser and Paint.NET.

Gustavo6046 said:

One of the best weapons mod ever done for Doom, based on a UT99 mod!

My sides...

BaronOfStuff said:

These weapons all look like broom handles.

The best broom handles ever done for Doom.

BaronOfStuff said:

DOOM: Janitor Edition

If i ever download the mod, that's how i'll rename it.

What is a broom? Also no, sorry but I don't want to make you guys happy anymore, I'm tired of doing all the hard work, I'll just play online in doomseeker, and u guys will NEVER find me in my Bestever server because I don't want to do cool stuff, hard work and having shit in return!

I have an idea, Gustavo: why don't you combine the sprites into one, to make a more dynamic gun?

Gustavo6046 said:

What is a broom?

What we need; coincidentally looking for a rug, too.

Also no, sorry but I don't want to make you guys happy anymore, I'm tired of doing all the hard work,

Quote from other thread:

Gustavo6046 said:

... umm, I don't want to do shit.

This is the problem.

I'll just play online in doomseeker, and u guys will NEVER find me in my Bestever server because I don't want to do cool stuff, hard work and having shit in return!

Considering the fact that you don't play others' maps I don't see how it can be legitimately a "best of" server, but beside the point. Jimmy said it better than anyone could and you continuing to post everything you do is what I mean by you ignoring good advice.

Jimmy said:

Gustavo...

The internet is a harsh mistress. Similarly harsh are people who listen to and critique [stuff] on a near-daily basis, like many of us here.

If you're just starting out with making [anything at all in life] and have yet to grasp what makes for a quality work, then for God's sake avoid putting your first attempts on the internet, where people have the power to insult and ridicule you.

We don't want you to get all upset and leave, but please start listening to the wisdom of these guys; they are where you want to be. Be a sponge, not a leaky faucet.

Ok, I won't release music for a while, but I must keep this up updated!

After all, I just updated the download links with:

• Weapon obituaries!*
  • The Flame Tracker!
  • Monster obituaries!*
  • Fixing Vulcan sprites!
  • Adding muzzle flashes!
  • Downscaling Bolt Rifle ammo sprites!*
*This change is UNTESTED. Expect innacuracies and problems.

Hell yeah! Time to rock! Now we have lots of weapons to Deathmatch!

Who can host a server with this? I still must test online play with it! So good DECORATE automatically sorts what should be clientside and what should be server-side, luckily, unlike UnrealScript!

(Best-Ever is a free Zandronum server hosting service BTW...)

This isn't my first attempts, as much as I don't care that much to insults anymore.