Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Draw your monster redesigns!

So after reading around it appears that some people aren't too keen on a few of the demon designs (cyberdemon, pinky), and I thought it would be interesting for anyone to come here and draw/write what they think a certain monster should look like. If the monster hasn't been reveled yet (arch-vile, arachnotron) fell free to share your ideas!

*edit*, added pinky to the monster designs some people aren't keen on

Jaxxoon R said:

It's way too comic-booky and breaks the spirit of the original Doom. And it's not demonic enough, it looks like an alien with black eyes. Aliens are totally different from demons. It's like Doom 3 all over again which betrayed the fandom by being different. The only way for a modern day Doom game to succeed is to be EXACTLY like how it was back in the old days.

What? What are you talking about? They've always looked like this.

Spoiler

Kind of a weird design choice to be honest, making them so different from every other monster in both art style and fidelity. But it's the way the classics were, I suppose.

Jaxxoon R said:

Kind of a weird design choice to be honest, making them so different from every other monster in both art style and fidelity. But it's the way the classics were, I suppose.

Clearly that's a Doom 64 graphics replacement mod, the demons are way too plasticy looking and blurred. Next thing we'll see are Cacodemons with handcuffs, what, they broke out of Cacotraz? lol omfg.

That cacodemon. I want it as an avatar now. I need it....

Jokes aside, i would draw my own demon designs for the new demons i don't like, Cyberdemon being the main one. Like WTF is up with him? He looks so old and, um,

chunky.

But frankly some other awesome guy drew redesign of doom enemies way back when i was in deviantart; goes by the name Mechanubis. Check some of them out! (cyberdemon! http://fav.me/d5oiezm)

Some of them are not too great, but others are really good looking, especially the mancubus!

That ties into his special attack. If you try to sneak up on him, he will launch a rocket at you by squeezing it between his cheeks.

Not much of a redesign. .But I think the new Hell Soldiers look simply amazing. .sooo I tried to draw one myself

It's rare that a thread gets this amazing on the first page; usually it takes at least a few pages for something truly memorable to come about.

Keep that awesome artwork coming.

Jaxxoon R said:

http://i.imgur.com/hEyaLKV.png

RobotJoe said:

Jaxxoon R said:

http://i.imgur.com/HxEZFGh.png
He needed eight legs.

Man, I love this forum.

A Spidermastermind riding a Cyberdemon. Two deadly demons are always better than one! ID Software, here is your new Boss.

i find that pinky or whatever it is endearing, it looks so scared to fight

also thanks to chezza for making the cybermind my new otp