Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AD_79

anyone have a compiled slade 3 that works on linux they could possibly send me

So, the school computers here run linux (12.something). I tried following the instructions on the slade 3 site for compiling and it appears that I lack certain permissions to do so. Would it be doable for someone to send me a compiled slade 3?

Sure, give me a moment.

Here you go: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_nH1ANA14lbM3llRmVaQXV2MFU&usp=sharing

This includes SLADE 3.1.1 Beta, latest ZDBSP, slade pk3 and icon file. They were compiled on Linux Mint 17.3. (It uses Ubuntu 12.x LTS as a base so you shouldn't have dependency issues, but if so that's kind of beyond my ability to help with.)

Hope this helps. :)

gaspe said:

You'd better to study instead :^)

Well when I finish my work (in the two computer classes I have) for the day, I need something to do, now don't I? :P

Thanks Silverwolf, will look at that on Monday when I'm back on one of the school computers.

Apologies for the super-late reply and me being bad with Linux, but I'm not really sure how to run the executable Silverwolf provided, assuming it will run. Double clicking appears to do nothing. Is there something specific I need to do?

AD_79 said:

Apologies for the super-late reply and me being bad with Linux, but I'm not really sure how to run the executable Silverwolf provided, assuming it will run. Double clicking appears to do nothing. Is there something specific I need to do?

Open up a terminal, cd to the directory containing the binary, and type execute the command ./slade3 where slade3 is the name of the executable file.
If that doesn't work, make sure the executable bit is set in the file permissions.
If that still doesn't work, you can try compiling SLADE since you SHOULD have RWX permissions on your own home directory (or the home directory of whatever username you're logged in as).