Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

British lanparty?

The news that Bahdko is having another lanparty got me thinking. Why are there never any Doom lanparties in Britain? There are quite a few British Doomers around, so to me it seems kind of odd.

Of course, we'll have to talk about it so we can figure out whereabouts it should be held. When deciding this, the most important thing to bear in mind is where abouts everyone lives. We'd also need to keep transportation in-mind; for example, I don't have a car, so I'd probably need to use the train to get anywhere.

Personally, I'm in the southeast of England during the entire summer and most of winter, and I know that Tom and fraggle only live a few miles away from me (if either of them's interested). The rest of the year I'm up in the East Midlands, where I don't think there are any other on-line Doomers.

So, if you're interested, put up your name and maybe a few details, and lets see what happens... :)

Listen up guys, this is my new pet thread ATM. I'll be deleting ANY offtopic posts I see in this thread, so don't make them. Thank you.

Whoo-hoo! I'm in Bristol, I can be anywhere south-ish quite easily. I just hope I ain't working.

I'm interested. If I can scrape together enough cash I'd definetly be willing to come down to get my ass kicked by everyone.

Hm there are loads of lan parties all over the country but not doom-oriented ones.

I met up with tom, simon (fraggle) and mewse the other weekend and thats probably the closest anyone has come to a limey doom meet-up. I don't fancy another 700 mile round-trip to london in the near-future though :/

From october onwards I'll be living with tom in durham (during term time) and we could host a small meet up of people, well fairly small cuz our other house mates might not appreciate an invasion of unwashed doom fans.

http://alcopop.org/tjms/

I'd be up for it. I live in Scotland so it would be a bitch to get transport, but I'd be willing to make the effort.

There used to be a Doom lan party in Manchester every Sunday near me, was hot, it was above a pub :) was always 10 or 20 playing Doom or Quake, only trouble was it was up 3 flights of stairs, was a bitch carrying monitor and computer etc. up

Jonathan said:

I'll probably be near London. Wont have a car though :(

No problem for a ride if something comes off :)

Jonathan said:

I'll probably be near London. Wont have a car though :(

wtf you weren't near london two weeks ago >:| :P

I'm in Northampton, bout 80 miles north of London.
I'll probably have to catch the train as I do with any other off-the-net meetings.

So yeah.

Well, I'm in the north east, so it would be difficult to get down to the ones in the south, but if Jon holds one in Durham (or any other ones held in the north) it might be possible to make it to that one.

Jon said:

wtf you weren't near london two weeks ago >:| :P

Well yeah I'm not at the moment. If this lan is happening pretty soon then I wont be able to go. But I'll back down near there in october when uni starts again.

pritch said:

In fairness to Ebola's thread I think I should move this as well now :)

yep. I told bbg, our forum hero :P

Ultimate DooMer said:

Well, I'm in the north east, so it would be difficult to get down to the ones in the south, but if Jon holds one in Durham (or any other ones held in the north) it might be possible to make it to that one.

North East is good for me too as my hometown is there.Durham is very close.

Ultimate DooMer said:

Well, it's certainly nicer than most places up here....(towns/cities, that is)

Sure is,I'm from..dare I say it..Hartlepool!?*!..and you UD?

fodders said:

Ahhh a monkey hanger is amongst us

Heh, that's exactly why I said 'dare I say it'
Of course you understand it wasn't me personally.

Damn it! Doesn't anyone else live in the west?! I live in Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, fairly close to Wales. Nevermind, I wouldn't be able to get the transport anyway.

I don't much like the idea of transporting da PC by train, what with Liverpudlians in my midst, the stinking brethren that they are.

Bristol, so anywhere not too north is good for me.

Spike said:
I don't much like the idea of transporting da PC by train,

Mmm, I'm a train person too. I'd have the option of borrowing a laptop from work (not that I've ever had Doom installed on it before *ahem*), much easier :-)

fodders said:

Ahhh a monkey hanger is amongst us

That makes two!!! (and I didn't do it either...don't know who did, like)

Yes, magikal, you're not the only one to come from such a godforsaken place...

Ultimate DooMer said:

That makes two!!! (and I didn't do it either...don't know who did, like)

Yes, magikal, you're not the only one to come from such a godforsaken place...

Yep, it's no wonder we play Doom, some parts of H'pool are well 'n' truly 'Hell Revealed', heh.

magikal said:

Yep, it's no wonder we play Doom, some parts of H'pool are well 'n' truly 'Hell Revealed', heh.

Never mind parts of it, the whole town is....(well, most of it)