Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Decay

AeonDM - Finished!

Combinebobnt said:

nvm the deathpit died a3 gangup help me (nvm thanks ralphis my boy)

Next time do the job yourself then. To be very fair, Ivan's facelift is undoubtedly better than what it was shaping up to be. Where's concrete dust???????????????? "September" it's almost October.

Anyway, updated first post with most recent links and screenshots.

Marcaek said:

will bob's chinese knockoffs have a chinese midi

Probably, he likes those bootlegged factory-made midis; I'll make sure to open them in incompatible midi software to see how bad they are.

Combinebobnt said:

Damn Bob, I guess I was wrong, you CAN do detail.

Combinebobnt said:

Is this really necessary I mean it's not nice to pick on ral that's a personal attack and you know

keep making personal attacks and you won't have much more to say here

play nice!!!!!!!!!!

New rules "Don't pick on Ral and also leave Bob's midis alone!!" are officially in place, consider this your first official warming

screw ral i just beat him twice at div2 power level easy back to a3 boy

im never making speed midis again so dont worry (rip hard drive)

oh yea aeon is cool but needs to finish COME ON grymmore save emporum

There has been a fuck ton of finishing going on, and we are hoping to wrap up this pack soon. Only 3 maps as of beta 40 remain unfinished, and by next week those will probably be done too.

Does the music suck? Are there misalignments and texture issues? Do the themes suck? Do you lag in some of the maps? Do you have any suggestions on what we could do better? Do you actually like how the maps have been shaping up? If you have any feedback at all, that would be great.

Here's beta 40: http://allfearthesentinel.net/download?file=aeondmb40.pk3

Thanks Doomkid

This thread was moved on request, in case many people had elected to ignore the multiplayer forum and never actually saw this thread.

Authors on the project are actively looking for -critical- feedback/suggestions for their maps on the project and definitely would appreciate anyone taking the time to do so. Getting praise is nice and all, but if there are any problems with the maps, we really need to know. Even if you don't play DM at all, if you have any advice or suggestions on music/detailing/aesthetics/themes, we'd still like to hear from you. If you think you have suggestions for map flow, game play, that's great, feel free to post. Do you have bad FPS drops in some places? Post a screenshot. Think some switches or lift gimmicks need adjustment? Post your thoughts. THANKS.

Nice work guys, we finally made it to RC1. Here's my last completed map, "Thingol's Cave":

Download: http://allfearthesentinel.net/download?file=aeondm_rc1.pk3

Yea, this is one FAT fuckin' pack. We're going to see what we can do to trim it up. Probably RC1 will play throughout the week or so, and then RC2. We had a great session last night and identified some errors. If you have any critiques or suggestions, now is the time.

Updated the first post, plus here's an album of a screenshot from every map: http://imgur.com/a/oN6Xi

Hell yeah guys; great job getting this cranked out to a first rc! I had a ton of fun on the testing sessions I was able to squeeze into. I can't wait to get the chance to see some of the changes since the last time I played, as well as some of the newer maps I haven't seen yet. I look forward to playing the shit out of these when I get a new rig.

Also, I'll never get over that credits pic, hah.

Combinebobnt said:

not ANYMORE

jmegaman for good doom composer awards 2016?

change of plans bob im gonna have to sell you a midi version of that track i did #sorrynotsorry

As long as you don't charge us for it :O)

Your custom music is pretty great jdagenet, great contributions! Original music is always a good thing to have in a project.

Release candidate 2 is out! We had another good play through with team deathmatch, and with only a couple errors needing fixing, I'm pretty sure we are looking for a final release this weekend! Biggest change this go around was a rotated map slotting, now edited in the first post.

Download it here: http://allfearthesentinel.net/download?file=aeondm_rc2.pk3

AeonDM is complete! Here is the final release: http://allfearthesentinel.net/download?file=aeondm.pk3

I realize most people here probably passed the project over because they aren't interested in DM or anything like that, but I'd like to think we made a quality release. There are a lot of great looking maps, great playing maps, and a ton of effort went into this over the past year. Even if you don't play DM, it's worth taking a look through.

Open square rooms are good, video proof:

In all seriousness this is damn fun, will be putting a Cali server up for it soon.

i guess i lose

However, I have clear cut plans for my future pvp mapping (cutting back a bit), as well as finally branching into sp/coop. I can't help but think that some of the MXU guys want to make some sort of sp/coop project, I do have SOME sort of backing on this...

I took a look at this project while connected to heavily populated game server on Zandronum, I have to admit that some of the maps were extremely impressive in detail. Good job on this project!

Doomkid said:

Open square rooms are good, video proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhaLe611o-w

In all seriousness this is damn fun, will be putting a Cali server up for it soon.

Nice vid, watching how the game plays from your perspective shows me how awful it is to have such high ping, jeez. The impromtu "victory party" last night was a ton of fun, 3 hours of 10-14 player FFA, full maplist rotation + DBAB maps, simply great.

Tiger said:

I took a look at this project while connected to heavily populated game server on Zandronum, I have to admit that some of the maps were extremely impressive in detail. Good job on this project!

Thanks, I saw you join the server, you should've joined the game too!

CombinebobNT said:

However, I have clear cut plans for my future pvp mapping (cutting back a bit), as well as finally branching into sp/coop. I can't help but think that some of the MXU guys want to make some sort of sp/coop project, I do have SOME sort of backing on this...

Yea, seems like it.

Stay posted for the next project(s)! And if you are interested in working with us on whatever comes next, just shoot me a message. Aeon's cacoward marks 3 in a row (2014's rageCTF, 2015's DBAB) for most of us, and 4 years (2013's EonDM) for Rustking. Guaranteed we will keep up the quality!

Hello, russian ZDaemon player here. I read about that wad on cacoward page, i was so excited to try the wad on ZDaemon, but it was not working. I am asking why?