Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Decay

AeonDM - Finished!

Pretty good for a new mapper, imo. Better than Bob 8)

Updated the first post with the latest beta. We're on a bit of a roll now and are doing weekly updates. Feel free to join our testing sessions usually hosted after the joke event SNS on zandronum, the session is always public and the teamspeak3 group welcoming.

Bleh I meant to get in on testing but got sidetracked. Those screens like quite nice, especially the second batch. Would love to get in on testing next weekend and will have my map well underway by then too.

I'm very impressed with how far Dranzer has come along with his mapping and how quickly he has picked up the skill. Rangle and I have a map that is nearing completion and just needs a little more testing and a few touches. I also have a layout that's almost finished and just needs testing to make sure I can set the layout in stone so I can start detailing.

Zapzop said:

Great shots Dranzer!
That map32 screen tho

Someone got carried away with memes...... *cough*combinebobnt*cough* :^)

Good choice integrating this with Stupid LMS Bob, really excite for it, that much detail might make my Pentium II lag though

EDIT: It legitimately looks better than my current WIP map, will post screenshots when there's something worth looking at!

That screenie confuses my brain. I feel like there is more going on in that shot than the picture translates.

Still, as it looks there; it'd be cool if that were the top level of a multi-tiered map, though I realize the black is not always the closest to the ground. Idk what wad it would fit into with those... gorgeous textures, but I like bright, colorful objects so yes.

Looks fairly open, easy to maneuver in, with some good both cover and POV's. I look forward to testing it when you get it ready!

thanks for the troll post bob

and thanks again for posting a screen of your room. I expect it to be filled with these:

Jesus christ bob, no wonder mspd is still not done 6 years later, you are one lazy motherfucker.

Aeon has been moving along very steadily over the past few months. Lots of hard work has been done and I think the bulk of the work to do has been completed. We've also started doing regular DM testing.

That being said, we are still open to help in the detail department, since some maps could definitely use a helping hand. Custom music is cool too.

Don't want to download it to see where we're at? No worries, I've uploaded a screenshot of each (mostly) complete map in the first post. Check it out. Maps without a screenshot are still WIP and might as well not exist because they are too ugly for life (worse than dwango probably).

`Damage` said:

Decay threatened me at gunpoint to post screenshots of my map.

A little over dramatic, don't you think?

Updated the first post. Probably the most important update in this version is the fact that, barring a few mishaps with eon items being incorrectly flagged (skill level), aeonDM can finally stand on its own two feet, no additional resources required.

Although we are interested primarily in having great playing maps, we are also very interested in hearing any feedback in terms of improving map aesthetics and detail. We know some maps could use touch ups in some areas, changes in texture/flats etc, more striking lighting. If you have some ideas, please post!

Damn I didn't know we were making Single-player/Cooperative maps now :P

Great job, Gry.

First post has been updated with the latest beta and progressions.

Just tossing it out there, It would be kinda neat to see some of you guys do singleplayer\survival maps.

A few members of our corporation have their own minor survival projects/ideas/visions. I'm not certain if everyone can agree to some sore of reasonable scope for a project while keeping everyone happy and not feeling like they are being restrained. After aeon finishes, it might be a possibility or at least worth talking about.