Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BaronOfStuff

FDA 3: This Time It's Bullshit

Because the previous two cackfests weren't bad enough, here's one that'll probably make you wish I had some sort of hilarious and embarrassing skin disease (more so than usual).

Click here to make your wildest dreams come true!

Have fun. I know I wouldn't.

Oh god I forgot the music credits! "Shaving Your Rear with a Guillotine", once again by Propaganda. Very fitting, as that's what this map feels like.

Okay now it's fixed fucking ' breaking links and ruining the only fun I can have blah blah blah blah...

Oh and it's Plutonia again because it's the only way for frustrating bullshit to make sense.

You aren't expecting someone actually beat that fucking bullshit from Hell. Damn shit it is! Good I don't have to play it anymore. You are too insane to deserve a single fucking FDA!

I didn't bother recording a FDA; I just watched others'. I got several exits, but none of them are sexy. The hitscanner portion isn't even that hard to take <20% damage or something or even reality, but I always end up taking a rev rocket or something during the vile phase.

rdwpa said:

I didn't bother recording a FDA; I just watched others'.

Did you watch mine, out of curiosity? :3
edit: oh wait I forgot I didn't send a FDA... :P

This wasn't extremely hard, you just have to kill really fast the revenants and get ready to spam with rockets the viles. Though I got lucky with them too :P

15 attempts (14 deaths) | final time 1:10 | total time 15:22 | stats 19/31 20 1/1 1/1 1:10+12

Sorry it's so long, but I won eventually. My hands are shaking, and my heart is violently attempting to escape my ribcage. 100% kills might be possible, but my constitution is weak, and my fortitude in tatters.

Hey how about someone else make one of these and BaronOfStuff can suffer through it himself for a change? :-)

RjY said:

15 attempts (14 deaths) | final time 1:10 | total time 15:22 | stats 19/31 20 1/1 1/1 1:10+12

Sorry it's so long, but I won eventually. My hands are shaking, and my heart is violently attempting to escape my ribcage. 100% kills might be possible, but my constitution is weak, and my fortitude in tatters.

Hey how about someone else make one of these and BaronOfStuff can suffer through it himself for a change? :-)

Haven't watched your demo (yet) but I just want to say that 100% here is indeed possible, and I actually tolerated a load of RNG shit on this fucking thing just to make sure it was so!

BaronOfStuff said:

Haven't watched your demo (yet) but I just want to say that 100% here is indeed possible, and I actually tolerated a load of RNG shit on this fucking thing just to make sure it was so!

Indeed, sorry for the misunderstanding. My point was, I would not be trying for 100% any time soon as my nerves were shot. I also doubted the way I had envisaged finishing off the rest of the monsters (hiding behind the outer pillars) would have worked due to insufficient ammunition.

I have since watched everyone else's recordings; it definitely is possible as two of the previous recorders almost achieved it (koren left only one monster, a spectre which somehow managed to hide behind one of the marbface pillars). But they used a better strategy, killing the monsters up close as they rose. I just ran for it when the viles showed up and hid as much as I could.

Spoiler

On rewatching I also notice that I cleared the spectres on one side from the centre and promptly went the wrong way en route to the exit, but oh well, I got away with it.

RjY said:

I just ran for it when the viles showed up

Did the same thing when testing. It was the intended strat, since RNG is a fucking cunt when I play and the Viles, without hesitation or exception, immediately started their attack sequence as soon as I was in sight.