Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Halfblind

What's your favorite original Xbox games?

After looking through the library of the original Xbox games and also my own collection I would like to know what your favorite Xbox games were?

Here is a list of most of the games that I own.

-Advent Rising
-BloodRayne 2
-Carve
-Destroy All Humans
-Destroy All Humans 2
-Halo
-Iron Phoenix
-MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf
-Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
-Otogi: Myth of Demons
-Quantum Redshift
-Serious Sam
-Soul Calibur 2
-Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict

And here is a list of some of the ones that I think might be cool.

-Knight's Apprentice, Memorick's Adventures
-Mad Dash Racing
-Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
-Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit
-Sea Blade

I did not mention Halo 2 even though it had a great multiplayer experience. It became a chore to play through the campaign levels due to all the glitches, pop-in graphics, pop-in NPC’s and the clipping issues. In some levels I was able to fall through the environment when there appeared to be solid walls and floors.

I had lots of fun with my old brick for quite a while.

These were my most memorable;

- Fable
- Deathrow
- Gladius (originally on Gamecube I think)
- Mortal Kombat
- Dynasty Warriors 3
- KOTOR 1&2

The more people post the more games I remember. Xbox definitely had some great games.

I never owned an Xbox but I like Mercenaries: Playgroud of Destruction very much (both for PS2 and Xbox - Xbox version is slightly better) and Return To Castle Wolfenstein has an extra episode on consoles (I wish someone ported it to PC).

Urban Chaos: Riot Response, which very badly needs an HD re-release that probably won't happen because developer Rocksteady is beholden to WB Games now.

Halo 1/2
Area 51
Bloodrayne
Cel Damage
Butcher Bay
Doom3 (first time I played Doom 3)
SoulCalibur 2
DOA Ultimate
Ninja Gaiden
Fable (the only good Fable imo)
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
JSRF
Kingdom Under Fire (the first one)
Metal Arms: Glitch in the system
OddWorld: Munch's Oddysee

I swear theres more...

Aside from Halo 1 and 2, all the games on XBox1 worth a damn were on PC, PS2 or both. So I'm gonna go with Halo 1 and 2. Especially 1.

The Incredibles
A James Bond style game I forgot the name of
One of the two Spider man games

I was a child when I played these so I can't remember the details.

MrGlide said:

Cel Damage

Never expected to see this, very underrated and fun game, I'm glad there are others who know about this forgotten game.

Fable.
Doom 3.
Jade Empire.
Conker Live and reloaded.
Silent Hill 2.
Halo 2.
Kingdom Under fire the crusades.
Destroy All Humans.
Stubbs the zombie.
MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf.
Manhunt.

Blinx The Time Sweeper
Blinx 2
Voodoo Vince
Forza Motorsports
Burnout 3
Burnout Revenge
Doom 3

..been a long time so there are probably others I forgot..

FuzzballFox said:

Forza Motorsports

I could use the same car as anyone else and constantly turn the fastest laps on the big, Daytona-like track. Did Forza come out on X-Box or 360? It was the Nissan Speedway that I'd whoop the shit out of everyone online. I guess it was from my PC Nascar Racing days on all those ovals.

Coopersville said:

Metal Wolf Chaos

Wow I never heard of this game before. I recently was viewing all the games on Metacritic to see if there were any lesser known games that I did not know about. That one was not on the list otherwise I would have known about it by now. After doing a bit more research I found out that it was exclusive only in Japan. No wonder why I never heard of it. It looks like a really fun to play and had an interesting concept.

thedeadgmr said:

Did Doom ever come out on xbox, I remember playing it alot

Why yes it did. You had to buy the Doom 3 expansion “Resurrection of Evil” to play the original Doom on the original Xbox.

I got my classic Xbox recently, so the only remarkably good game I have on Xbox is Jet Set Radio Future, but I do still enjoy Halo: Combat Evolved (Halo 2 just pisses me off the more I play it)

However, there are quite a few amazing-looking 360 games I want and think I'll like, such as Gun Valkyrie, Metal Wolf Chaos (If these damn things weren't region-locked), Quantum Redshift, and Breakdown

dethtoll said:

Aside from Halo 1 and 2, all the games on XBox1 worth a damn were on PC, PS2 or both. So I'm gonna go with Halo 1 and 2. Especially 1.

Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 are on PC

LanHikariDS said:

Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 are on PC

I am actually aware of that (and I've played both of them on PC) but I excluded them partly due to the difficulty in procuring them and partly because Halo has always felt like it was intended to be a console series anyway.

I wish they would at least release the third Halo game on PC so I can finish the damn series already.

And I want a private urinal. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen, so buy a 360 already or watch an LP or something.

Considering how Microsoft recently decided to make a PC version of their previously thought to be console exclusive Quantum Break seems to suggest that they may start focusing on PC games again and there might be a chance of Halo 3 on PC, but it's probably not likely regardless.

Lots of good games, but right now, "Jaws: Unleashed" is coming to mind. Not even because it was that great of a game. I'm just a Jaws aficionado.

I was a big fan of LJN's Jaws for NES too.

dethtoll said:

I am actually aware of that (and I've played both of them on PC) but I excluded them partly due to the difficulty in procuring them and partly because Halo has always felt like it was intended to be a console series anyway.

Combat Evolved isn't all that hard to get on PC. About as easy as any other game. Halo 2, however, DID require GFWL, which is a pain in the ass. And, while it technically IS intended for console, it's better on PC, when it's there.