Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDope

DOOM ALPHA CODE/Strings (New Info) **SPOILERS**

Voros said:

Is it possible to see Glory Kills from a 3rd view too with this activated?

Yep, although it depends on the animation set, for exemple if you play as Revenant 3rd person is not working.

If I haven't missed anything: no Pain Elemental and no Arachnotron spotted, correct?

Well, they need some stuff for Doom 2 (2018) ;) (that naming gets strange if a sequel comes out)

And it looks like the Spider Mastermind will be a big bossfight, with all those infos we have.

is there a way you can post the music in the menu? does any music play at all during the menu?

Fantast1k said:

I just found Halo_Reach.cfg in the code, gamepad settings.

Halo meets Doom :D
[copyrighted material removed]

That isn't surprising, Someone at id was probably a reach fan and made their own config

Hofmann said:

Yeah, a confirmation of non-linear level design would be nice. Just to shut some shit spewing mouths once and for all.

Pretty sure there is no SP content in the alpha out side of UI and coding.

I think they would have found it by now

xblade said:

is there a way you can post the music in the menu? does any music play at all during the menu?

After you play at least one MP session awesome music kicks in!! Maybe i'll post it in mp3 :P

Fantast1k said:

After you play at least one MP session awesome music kicks in!! Maybe i'll post it in mp3 :P

would be nice... the music in the menu from the MP leak is quite short, but it's awesome!

So, managed to get back my files, found them on my data drive rather than my C.

I scanned the exe again and found

bot_minClients

How do I change this value?
I would like to change it to 10..

loismustdie555 said:

bot_minClients

How do I change this value?
I would like to change it to 10..

Use "toggle" to change settings, for example:

toggle bot_minClients 10

TheGamePhilosophe said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being nobody cares and 10 being Marty Stratton is throwing office equipment at employees and loading his SSG, how upset do you think id is right now?

0 (They are laughing at your retarded shitposting)

Fantast1k said:

Use "toggle" to change settings, for example:

toggle bot_minClients 10

thanks much! Also, someone said "give" works? But it does not.. It simply says "unknown command" or something like that.
Anything I'm doing wrong?

RomanRichter said:

lol, now it's looks like trolling from devs x)

It isn't trolling, they are just controller configs to make the layout like other games.

You can see Halo 3 and a couple COD ones in that image as well.

The Perfect Dark N64 re-release on the 360 had similar options.

For legal reasons they're probably not going to be called "Halo Reach" "COD" in the final version. The Perfect Dark example above called them "Spartan" and "Duty Calls"

twinspectre said:

Can you show us all the settings? not only graphics

This! Yup. I would really like to see the game settings. My God. The Alpha was ripped apart. Well good! Thanks to everyone who participated in this! That's what Bethesda gets for not giving us more info about the game! + what were they thinking leaving all that stuff in the Alpha? If they didn't want any leaks they should have stripped the Alpha to it's bones. .

Enforcer said:

If they didn't want any leaks they should have stripped the Alpha to it's bones. .

Well no-one thought of doing it until now.

Tuskin38 said:

No one should act surprised at this.

I'm not surprised at all. I think iD is pretty pissed right now :)

loismustdie555 said:

All because of my tutorial.. My apologies? I guess?

It has nothing to do with your tutorial. Well, the strings from the code at least.

Hofmann said:

It has nothing to do with your tutorial. Well, the strings from the code at least.

This thread and the whole doom alpha being put back to use thing would have never happened if not for it though. Is what I'm trying to say.

Enforcer said:

I'm not surprised at all. I think iD is pretty pissed right now :)

No, they probably don't give a fuck. They knew what they were giving to you when you all got to play the alpha and they gave it to you on purpose. They're not stupid to think that nobody would try to crack the alpha. I'm surprised nobody did it earlier, and I'm certainly not smarter then them.

I ask you again, did you change the FOV in the video in which you claimed the speed was faster? What is the default FOV?

loismustdie555 said:

This thread and the whole doom alpha being put back to use thing would have never happened if not for it though. Is what I'm trying to say.

You don't need to load the alpha to break inside the code and see those strings, someone would have done it without your tutorial. Don't be so smug kid.

Hofmann said:

You don't need to load the alpha to break inside the code and see those strings, someone would have done it without your tutorial. Don't be so smug kid.

Not being smug but you're entitled to your opinion.
EDIT: Also I'm not a kid. But again, you're entitled to your opinion.