Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDope

DOOM ALPHA CODE/Strings (New Info) **SPOILERS**

DooM_RO said:

I ask you again, did you change the FOV in the video in which you claimed the speed was faster? What is the default FOV?

There is a FOV slider in the campaign menu, it goes up to 110. SP Movement speed is faster then MP.

loismustdie555 said:

Now there's the most retarded choice Bethy/ID could ever make. In my opinion at least.

Trade off is SP doesn't have double jump.

How is that a bad choice? SP should be faster then MP.

Tuskin38 said:

Trade off is SP doesn't have double jump.

How is that a bad choice? SP should be faster then MP.

Trade off included I suppose that actually makes it make a bit more sense.

But IMO it's a bad choice because I guess I just prefer Zandy's sprint speed in multiplayer Doom.
But.. Then again. They are targeting this game a lot towards casuals and non long-time fans, I say that mostly because of the console players they are targeting the game for. Who also likely couldn't handle that much speed.

welp perks sorta confirmed I guess? Or something of that nature I'll try digging up more shit on it. It might be an effects system?

[copyrighted material removed]

5 different playable demons

MP Gamemodes

Medals

wowee said:

welp perks sorta confirmed I guess? Or something of that nature I'll try digging up more shit on it. It might be an effects system?

Old news, Hack Modules are mentioned on the pre-order pages for the game.

"consumable perks used during MP matches"

Judging by the word 'consumable' they're not permanent.

Can someone load the alpha and make a video of the movement with default FOV, and try firing different weapons like the chaingun plasma and assault rifle while moving as well?

P-P-P-P-PENTA-KILL!!!

Could they please hire the narrator from Darkest Dungeon and let him record the Multiplayer-Messages, Unreal Tournament-style :)

tuo said:

P-P-P-P-PENTA-KILL!!!

Could they please hire the narrator from Darkest Dungeon and let him record the Multiplayer-Messages, Unreal Tournament-style :)

I really hope they don't change the announcer from the beta. I love the disinterested banker!

Lots of good info here. Everything revealed so far makes me even more confident this is going to be a great game and finally something different from the "realistic" and story driven FPS in the last decade. I play games to have fun, not have some morality tale shoved down my throat and I prefer my game violence stylized, because it's not supposed to be reality. That's the fun.

I'm really happy to have the Mancubus confirmed as a demon rune - hands down my favorite of the classic enemies. Plus Mancubi on the jump pads: The Man Show ain't got shit on that. :P EDIT: GIF for Great Justice.

Also pleased to see the Archvile acting more like the classic variant that simply resurrects enemies. Just a personal preference; there was nothing wrong with the Doom 3 variant.

Also, there's a 30 kill medal? Damn, I could get a little over twenty but never close to 30 before somebody fragged me. It's good to have goals.

Enforcer said:

But you were standing on the ground, right?? :) I mean you didn't double jump of the ledge and actually grabbed him in the air, right? :)

Yeah, I was on the ground, he was jet packing to the ledge with the quad damage/invisibility pickup. I don't recall ever getting a glory kill midair.

Tuskin38 said:

Do any of the console commands from Wolfenstein work?

Like hands_fovscale

Yes

geX said:

I really hope they don't change the announcer from the beta. I love the disinterested banker!

Hehe, yeah, you're right :)

BTW: thinking about this, and reading all over the net the reactions: this leak could possibly be the best marketing action for the new Doom that happened. Allthough we will never know, it would be interesting to see if for example the amount of pre-orders increased unnaturally during the last two days :)

Is there any way to control how many bots you get in a match?
For some reason I'm only getting 2 on 2s with bots.
I'd love something a little more chaotic.

EDIT:
Nevermind, found it.
Just had to scroll down.

corpsebowman said:

anyone figured out how to unlock strafejumping?

Why do people want strafejumping so much?

Am I the only who thinks this thread is treading on some mighty thin ice and might come with some future repercussions in some form?

I mean seeing the juicy details is cool and all... but they didn't let us into the alpha to expose everything they've been working on to the world in a unfinished state, and it's probably not a great idea to stir up a sleeping dragon who rests upon the entire IP, and is notorious for being lawsuit crazy.

At least best not to stir it up *here*

I understand everyone wants to see things as soon as they can, but unfinished leaks can cause a lot of harm if portrayed to the masses who don't know any better.

ShiftSix said:

That does make that gigantic crosshair look even sillier, though.

Look at this :D we need more codes people!